7 Reasons Why I Probably Shouldn’t Marry a Cambodian Woman

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related whether you're a dyed in the wool leftist, a liberal or somewhere to right of Attila the Hun. This is also where you get to read the news the local media suppresses.

Re: 7 Reasons Why I Probably Shouldn’t Marry a Cambodian Wom

Postby ken svay » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:18 pm

Crikey gav, vda may be the girl for you!
ken svay
Is the World Outside still there ?

Postby Haling » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 am

for my first post I'm responding to an article that is 2 year's old. I guess that shows what an outstanding piece it was (and also how lazy I am). I love it for several reasons: it shows truth, it shows ignorance, it shows how we cannot get around either. There are some flaws here, as there are with Gmac's 7 reasons to not move to Cambodia. I felt that the "I don't know where I'll live" section was weak/boring, just as (brilliant though it was as an essay in the '7 reasons not to move' thing) the "you'll have to tell your Mom you live in Cambodia" section almost trashed the last one (really, a lame concept: what will my Mom think? What will I tell her? Oh no! Don't let the #7 trip you up so much, don't force :toilet: 7 is kind of sexy as a #, but don't cling to it) . These are minor critiques. I think what Gmac shows us is just how little is possible for us in this life, for all of us, no matter where we are or where we come from, and that's why I enjoyed this and his others and look forward to more of his writing. Keep it coming!
Haling
5 minutes to kill

Postby keeping_it_riel » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am

Dear Gavinmac,

I actually enjoyed both parts of this article, BUT your reason #4 for why you’d never marry a Cambodian woman makes you an a colossally sexist, socio-politically insensitive, hack writer.

- a proud motodop offspring of 2 CAMBODIAN motodop parents

http://www.khmer440.com/k/2011/09/7-reasons-why-i-probably-shouldnt-marry-a-cambodian-woman/#comment-33561

https://twitter.com/amritath
the semi official 440 Twitter site

I am not inappropriate. You are just f*cking boring.
keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby cambod » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:50 am

LoL, everybody thinks it's funny UNTIL the jokes's on them.

Harden up.

:roll:
cambod
Twatflannel First Class

Postby DavidRon » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Only desperate LOSERS like you would suggest that only desperate losers would marry Filipino women or Asians generally. Your generalizations are clear evidence of the stupid retarded degenerate you unquestionably are. Piece of shit.
DavidRon
5 minutes to kill

Postby sempercrescit » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:11 am

Whatever anybody says about marrying Cambodian women, we can only take into account the main alternative: marrying a western woman. Could anything be actually worse than that? Not on this planet, I am afraid. Since this alternative must be rejected out of hand, any suggestion as to who to pick?
sempercrescit
I've got nothing better to do

Postby bauerin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 am

cool, they moved from homepage to here :popcorn:
bauerin

Postby gavinmac » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:40 am

Guys who marry Filipinas are really sensitive.
gavinmac
I'm slow slow, not like tiger

Postby Felgerkarb » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:05 pm

gavinmac wrote:Guys who marry Filipinas are really sensitive.

Or go berserk when they read Onion articles...
====================
Why are the gods such vicious cunts?
Where is the god of tits and wine?
Felgerkarb
Sir Felgerkarb, Kt Pb

Location: Castle Felgerkarb, Felgerkarbia (Formerly Preah Vihear)

Postby andyinasia » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:47 pm

sempercrescit wrote:Whatever anybody says about marrying Cambodian women, we can only take into account the main alternative: marrying a western woman. Could anything be actually worse than that? Not on this planet, I am afraid. Since this alternative must be rejected out of hand, any suggestion as to who to pick?

'Cos women don't grow in any other soil, eh? :stupid:
Ain't nobody got time for that!
andyinasia
I spend more time on 440 than working

Postby redhooligan » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:28 pm

gavinmac wrote:Guys who marry Filipinas are really sensitive.

They realize too late that divorces are impossible in the Phils.
redhooligan
I've got nothing better to do

Postby billythekid » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:40 pm

Having married a Cambodian Lady almost 31 years ago and still going strong I wonder, how on earth I could have missed the 7 reasons not to marry her!! Very sad, is it not??
billythekid
I live above an internet cafe

Postby gavinmac » Thu May 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Here's a front page comment from today. The guy is asking for help, but I think he's out of luck and should probably just move on. Australian guys do seem to have had a recent run of bad luck in marrying Cambodian women.

http://www.khmer440.com/k/2011/09/7-rea ... ment-39648

Colin Harrison says:

May 8, 2014 at 8:38 pm

Sure, not all Cambodian girls are Vampires but some of them you have to be very careful of. I always thought as myself as a good judge of character but my ex Cambodian wife was better. I must have had sucker written over my forehead. She was beautiful and charming and we got on like a house on fire, the only negative was that she was a typical Asian girl, shallow, selfish and vane, but I thought, I’m not perfect either and besides she was a lot of fun to be with. Her parents treated me like I was their son, for the first time in my life I had a family to love and they loved me.

But like the saying goes if it is too good to be true, then it probably is. We got married then after three months I head back home to work so I could save the money to buy the house she and her family wanted. before I left I did the most dumbest thing a man could do I opened an account in her name , (they wouldn’t allow me to put my name on the account because I had not lived there long enough). In it I left 9000 USD, we were supposed to start a business when I returned to Cambodia. Within the first month of me gone she heads straight to the bars and fucks everything that had a cock. I was devastated to say the lest, she seen me coming and she bled me dry. She offered no explanation, no reason, no apology. she discarded me like a dirty toe rag. I have been trying to find someone who has had experience with Cambodian law and Government in the hope that I could retrieve the the 9000 dollars, Iv been told by many that I haven’t a hope in hell. It’s bad enough that she’s already ripped my heart out and stomped on it, that is something I will have to learn to live with, but stealing 9000 dollars is theft and fraud pure and simple. If anyone reading this has any information that could help me out with this problem , then I would be very much grateful. My Email address is : ccharrison@skymesh.com.au Is there a web site that one could post a picture and name of these girls so as to warn others before they go to these country’s and make the same mistake?
gavinmac
I'm slow slow, not like tiger

Postby BURLESQUE@SDHHOTEL » Thu May 08, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm not sure taking money from an account in your own name that you're the signatory to can be classed as theft or fraud. But if you're the sort of sap that marries a prostitute after 3 months and dangles nine grand in front of her before leaving the country there's not much hope for you.
No longer working at the S.D Holiday Hotel...
BURLESQUE@SDHHOTEL
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Postby BirdBrain » Thu May 08, 2014 10:37 pm

With the best lawyer in the world and Cambodia's high level of judicial corruption there is still no way on earth you could say someone stole money from their own bank account. Please Gavinmac don't put me in the same category as this guy...
BirdBrain
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy