Drug trafficking in Cambodia

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related whether you're a dyed in the wool leftist, a liberal or somewhere to right of Attila the Hun.

Drug trafficking in Cambodia

Postby Sublime » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:49 pm

The PPPost & U.N. "report" mention "Africans" :shock:
Hard to believe these Africans are sneaking anything across borders without some complicit local officials
"Cambodia as a centre for financial transactions"(money laundering); looks like HE needs some new banking prakas
Another PPPost story that was not quite "researched"

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/index.php/2011120253111/National-news/african-traffickers-settling-here-un.html

African organised-crime groups are setting up shop in Cambodia as a centre for trafficking methamphetamines in Southeast Asia, the UN’s Office on Drugs and Crime has said.

In its 2011 report on patterns and trends of amphetamine-type stimulants (ATS), released on Wednesday, UNODC notes the rapid rise of production and use in Southeast Asia.

It says African gangs have “diversified” into ATS trafficking and use Cambodia as a centre for financial transactions and the distribution of drugs to other parts of Southeast Asia.

Cambodia has long been a transit country for drug trafficking and, as UNODC notes, “transit countries for illicit drugs often rapidly develop illicit drug use and manufacture problems”.

Methamphetamine pills are the primary drugs used in Cambodia, and use of crystal methamphetamine is expanding. It has been the most commonly used drug in Phnom Penh since 2009.

Despite UNODC’s findings, data from the National Police and National Authority for Combating Drugs shows methamphetamine-related arrests have declined annually since 2006.

Pill seizures alone fell by 40 per cent in 2010 from 2009 to 82,746. Figures had been as high as 420,000 in previous years.

UNODC noted that in the first six months of 2011, 296,351 methamphetamine pills were seized here, the highest number since 2007. The report said this may indicate a rise in trafficking from Myanmar or the expansion of domestic manufacturing.

UNODC said most of the methamphetamine seized in Cambodia originated in Myanmar and was trafficked into the Kingdom through its northeastern borders by land and river routes.

Major General Khieu Samorn, chief of the Ministry of Interior’s National Authority for Combating Drugs, said: “We cracked down on over 815 cases between November 11, 2010 and November 14, 2011 and arrested about 1,900 perpetrators.”
Sublime
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Re: Drug trafficking in Cambodia

Postby raychristlTHC » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:38 pm

One of the solutions to the addiction problem presented by CIA-Mafia drugs throughout our world is the little known therapy of IBOGA...the shaman experience from Africa {Google:Gabon ibogaine ceremony}. This is NOT a drug of abuse,or intended for use recreationally.

The Chinese have two acquisitions of South African iboga pharmaceutical companies,& one Canadian firm in India is synthesizing ibogaine. We don't know how many years until these companies can market a quick and relatively painless detox for multi/poly addicted clients. The treatment is both physiological & psychological in the mindal renewal of cells ...the 35 hour trip with spirit guide regurgitates your failings in a loving way to show the path to righteous living. The 48 hour sleep after the 36 hour journey has the body clean of internal toxins...

Most patients finally come awake & are completely renewed/reborn to new interests beyond compulsive Ice,Crack,Heroin put in alcohol & tobacco if you want. There is plenty of science on this ,but again the CIA-Mafia does't want any cheap cures to hard drug trade,so iboga is repressed on DEA orders.

THC Ministry MMJ dispensary will have this therapy in 2013....
raychristlTHC
I live above an internet cafe

Postby LTO » Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:26 pm

African drug traffickers in Cambodia?!?!?! I'm shocked, shocked to hear this. It beggars belief. Surely there aren't any Nigerians involved, surely.

I wonder how the UN managed to uncover this well-concealed secret, and so quickly.
LTO
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Lucky Lucan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:04 am

Sublime wrote:Another PPPost story that was not quite "researched"

More like another Khmer440 post that was not quite "researched." According to the Cambodia Daily, drug arrests have doubled in the first half of 2011, and there have been plenty of well-publicized cases involving the former government anti-drug czar, Moek Dara, and plenty of other officials and members of the police, gendarmerie and others. Perhaps this is the tip of the iceberg, but it seems like the problem is being dealt with, or are you the sort of person who would blame the Cambodian government for 419 scams too?
Romantic Cambodia's dead and gone,
It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Phuket2006 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:26 am

They are moving to Cambodia cause Thailand is on to them now :thumbsup:
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
Meus Mens est 440

Postby SunSan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Phuket2006 wrote:They are moving to Cambodia cause Thailand is on to them now :thumbsup:

Agree, the Viets also are kicking them out. There are far less in Saigon anyway.
SunSan
Clinically Addicted to 440

Postby Captain Bonez » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:40 pm

they started kicking the nigerians out of saigon about 2 years ago, i remember there hangouts being across from ours, you'd see more police round ups, less nigerians in general, good times
Captain Bonez
Fluffy Bunny

Location: Where the unstoppable force meets the immovable object

Postby stains » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:43 pm

Nigerian drug criminals??? :shock:

And I thought they were just tourists,or 'garment exporters'....

The establishment of many SEA countries ofcourse are complicit as this scum have been carrying on their business for yonks...

Cockroaches :-D
stains
I do not pay my bills

Postby A Wannted Man » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:52 pm

Should this be moved to the business or careers in Cambodia section ?
A Wannted Man
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Postby kahoy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Essentials.
kahoy
I've got internet at work

Postby happiest » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Now that Cambodia seems to be enforcing a strict anti drugs policy, you can expect to see a greater decline in Drugs smuggling. However, having said this, it's penalties aren't as harsh as in other SEA countries, so there will stll be chancers out there. I guess the Nigerians involved in smuggling are working for some rich khmer boss, and certainly can't see them getting away with it like before if they were working for themselves ( with all the current whistleblowing going on!). Good riddance to them, Phnom Penh was starting to look like a part African city!!
Happier than ever before!!
happiest
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby ken svay » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Ive seen a few new ones around daun penh and their favourite internet place in 110.
I dont go to the heart anymore so there may be some in there.
Someone told me that they had disappeared from bangkok.
ken svay
Hello, Hello, Anybody Out There ?

Postby Goodoldkenny » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:57 pm

ken svay wrote:Someone told me that they had disappeared from bangkok.

They were in the news nearly every day last year being picked up in raids and buy busts around Nana and Cowboy.
Didn't see too many in Chonburi.

KennyF
Goodoldkenny
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby angsta » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:58 pm

Goodoldkenny wrote:
ken svay wrote:Someone told me that they had disappeared from bangkok.

They were in the news nearly every day last year being picked up in raids and buy busts around Nana and Cowboy.
Didn't see too many in Chonburi.

KennyF

Thaksin gave them notice last time he was in power. I guess they're not waiting for round 2.
angsta
A Moment of Clarity

Postby connecticuter » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 pm

You have similar problems in India.

In Mumbai the Nigerians were in the drug trade. But as far as I could tell they were not in serious competition with the local Mumbai underworld.

In Goa they had a presence but were not as big as the Russian Mafia.
--------------

Question: Why is there a transcontinental Nigerian crime network? As opposed to say one from the Ivory Coast or Kenyan? I just do not know enough about Africa to have a clue?
That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
connecticuter
I need professional help

Next

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy