Belgian arrested for murder of French woman in Kampot

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related whether you're a dyed in the wool leftist, a liberal or somewhere to right of Attila the Hun. This is also where you get to read the news the local media suppresses.

Re: Belgian arrested for murder of French woman in Kampot

Postby cambod » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 pm

http://mobile.allthingscrimeblog.com/#2665

Edit: for some reason this site won't allow me to link directly to the article, so you might have to scroll down to the article called "The Kampot Murder: The Mystery of the Red-Headed Woman."
"Life is too important to take seriously."

:P Move to Cambodia
cambod
K440 Superhero

Postby Pajama » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Yes, Cambodia Daily reporting today that the police have a new suspect: Western woman, early 40s, white skin, red hair, 1.6 meters (i.e. 5'3", i.e. tiny). Seen walking with Olly and (what may or may not be) the victim's bicycle. Oh yeah, and the chain was broken.

Police are afraid the woman may have already left the country.

??????? This makes no sense on so many levels.
Pajama
I've got nothing better to do

Postby keeping_it_riel » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:56 pm

This is all making me lean towards the idea that maybe a few local 'connected' rich kids did it - the sort of locals who won't be brought to justice because of their family connections.
the semi official 440 Twitter site

''I can still remember when your city smelled exciting. I still get a whiff of that aroma now and then.''
keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby RobW » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:02 pm

giblet wrote:He's good-looking and has no problem talking to women. He'd have no problem scoring foreign chicks.

There you go, Mr. Prosecutor. On a plate.
RobW
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:11 pm

RobW wrote:
giblet wrote:He's good-looking and has no problem talking to women. He'd have no problem scoring foreign chicks.

There you go, Mr. Prosecutor. On a plate.

Ted Bundy was quite a handsome man and had no problem chatting up women, he'd have had no problem scoring foreign chicks. Unfortunately he showed a predilection for smacking women over the head with hammers, who knew?
Romantic Cambodia's dead and gone,
It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
The Internet is my Only Friend

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:33 pm

Pajama wrote:Yes, Cambodia Daily reporting today that the police have a new suspect: Western woman, early 40s, white skin, red hair, 1.6 meters (i.e. 5'3", i.e. tiny). Seen walking with Olly and (what may or may not be) the victim's bicycle. Oh yeah, and the chain was broken.

Police are afraid the woman may have already left the country.

??????? This makes no sense on so many levels.

unless he was bundy style and using the broken bike as a lure... and took out the redhead as well (but hid her better).
http://www.webivation.net
bikkhu wrote:are paid by the CPP to write this stuff ?
OrangeDragon
Clinically Addicted to 440

Postby marwood » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 am

Yes, lets ignore the fact the police state they are looking for a red-headed women as a murder suspect and start putting up dumb theories.

http://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/new-suspect-emerges-in-frenchwomans-murder-30627/
Give me a Valium, I'm getting the FEAR!
marwood
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 am

did you actually read that article, of just skim it?

his lawyer knows nothing of this new suspect, she was seen walking WITH him... nothing else. accomplice? guilty and he's helping her cover it up? another victim? tons of possible theories, none really any more dumb than any other with that limited bit of info.
OrangeDragon

Postby marwood » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:48 am

Someone doesn't know the meaning of the word exculpatory. Obviously didn't get to the last paragraph.
Give me a Valium, I'm getting the FEAR!
marwood
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby keeping_it_riel » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:56 am

“The new suspect is a foreign woman in her early 40s. She has white skin, red hair and is about 1.6 meters tall,” said Toek Chhou district police chief Sam Ouk.

Let's all hope that giblet has a good alibi.
the semi official 440 Twitter site

''I can still remember when your city smelled exciting. I still get a whiff of that aroma now and then.''
keeping_it_riel
White Devil

Postby OrangeDragon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am

yeah, his lawyer is saying there are a bunch of witnesses who are exculpatory... because when lawyers say "my client didn't do it, and i'm going to prove it!" i always believe them.
OrangeDragon

Postby Pajama » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:26 pm

I can't imagine a 5'3" woman doing anything other than annoying me to death. How is she supposed to have raped and bludgeoned a random tourist? I realize there could be contributing factors on victim's part (drugs, alcohol) but I have a hard time picturing how a very short woman did all this. Harder time imagining motive.

And how on earth could a bunch of 'witnesses' see a man and woman walking with a bicycle and come to the conclusion that, obviously, the woman is the one who raped and murdered the victim (for the record I don't believe Olly did it either). I know they have info. that I don't, but the whole thing sounds ridiculous.

It's just sad for the family of the victim and unsettling for all of us who live / stay in Kampot frequently.
Pajama

Postby 104 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:02 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:
“The new suspect is a foreign woman in her early 40s. She has white skin, red hair and is about 1.6 meters tall,” said Toek Chhou district police chief Sam Ouk.

Let's all hope that giblet has a good alibi.

or maybe a red hairring ?
I live above an internet cafe

Postby bobcouttie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:51 am

For those following Olly's fortunes here's a sitrep "The Incredible Shrinking Red-Haired Woman". I will have a copy of the French investigator's report in about ten days or so http://bit.ly/19Ejr7Q
bobcouttie

Postby seldomseen » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am

Hey Bob, probably a silly question. Just when you first wrote about the red haired women, you claimed the family gave you the discription and wanted you to help find her. Then when the police are looking for a much smaller lady you say 'maybe they got glasses'. Why slag off the police if the family gave you the faulty description.
But at least your detective skills are sharp, only took a couple of weeks to ascertain that the tall red haired women was his next door neighbour. Top sleuthing.
seldomseen
5 minutes to kill

PreviousNext

Return to The Speakeasy