Is Sharky Bar for sale ?

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Is Sharky Bar for sale ?

Postby tombraider » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Alexandra wrote:The Raqia guy?

Bless

I went past the site of the new Raqia next to Pencil on 214 today. looks like all work stopped when he got arrested. Is the other one still open on 106?
tombraider
I live above an internet cafe

Postby Canadaman » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

gavinmac wrote:Now I'm hearing there are concerns that the current "owner" who is selling Sharky Bar cannot document/prove that he actually owns what he is purporting to sell.

I wouldnt pay a dollar for Sharkys,its on its last legs.
Canadaman

Postby Edwardo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Canadaman wrote: I wouldnt pay a dollar for Sharkys,its on its last legs.

In it's present form, maybe. But the location is good and the open floor plan with balcony was pretty cool. Nice square bar. I'm assuming the layout hasn't change significantly. It's been a decade since I stepped foot in there. The rent is probably outrageous by now, though. I hope someone takes it over and makes a go of it.
'Cuz some is rich, and some is poor, and that's the way the world is.
Edwardo
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby gavinmac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 am

How is the location good? There's nothing of interest within 200 meters of Sharky Bar. The location is terrible.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby violet » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am

gavinmac wrote:How is the location good? There's nothing of interest within 200 meters of Sharky Bar. The location is terrible.

I don't know....

there's the sub selling people
there's Will St a couple of blocks away
it's a mid way point between St 51 and Riverside, so a potential good stopping off point.

I read that it is open each day of Pchum Ben from 5pm by the way... should anyone want to try to keep it afloat.
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby gavinmac » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:19 am

Mid way point is the kiss of death. Soho Bar on St. 154 and 19 is the mid way point between every successful Western bar or restaurant in that part of town. Yet it's a terrible location.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Is Sharky Bar for sale ?

Postby youngwill100 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:08 am

gavinmac wrote:I heard weeks ago it had been sold and that the buyers agreed to cover a large tax liability. But then after I heard that I saw someone renew or re-post an online sales listing for the place.

Deposit paid, new owners taking over beginning of October. No outstanding tax liabilities, no document or ownership issues.
The new owners (as is usually the case) are full of new ideas and improvements for the bar, but my understanding is that it won't change dramatically in nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
youngwill100
I need professional help

Postby violet » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 am

youngwill100 wrote:
gavinmac wrote:I heard weeks ago it had been sold and that the buyers agreed to cover a large tax liability. But then after I heard that I saw someone renew or re-post an online sales listing for the place.

Deposit paid, new owners taking over beginning of October. No outstanding tax liabilities, no document or ownership issues.
The new owners (as is usually the case) are full of new ideas and improvements for the bar, but my understanding is that it won't change dramatically in nature.

It's you, isn't it?

I hope noone agreed to the 65K
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby kgbagent » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:46 pm

No it's not him
kgbagent

Postby Canadaman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

youngwill100 wrote:

There is a sucker born every minute.
Canadaman

Postby kgbagent » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:43 pm

SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kgbagent

Postby bigphatt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm

I wouldnt pay a dollar for Sharkys,its on its last legs.

Buy it.
Then I'll give you 2 bucks...
Should be easy math for some idiot who doesn't have 2-bob to rub together.. :thumbsup:
My Three Mothers Tell Me I'm An Attention Whore.. I Love My Mums
bigphatt
Attention Whore

Is Sharky Bar for sale ?

Postby Gorgie Aggro » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:46 am

I remember Dallas from Alley Cat about 2007 and I was in Tacos Kokopelli the other day and didn't put a name to his face until someone mentioned him here! I recognised him though!

I remember Flipper the deaf girl as well, Sharkys was great around '04-'07.

They did quality t-shirts that marked you out as a monger when travelling around. Wore mine until it disintegrated. It drew many a disparaging comment from tourists to Thailand back in the day.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Gorgie Aggro
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Just Robbed » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm

I remember Elvis Presley
Just Robbed
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Previous

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy