American expat Eric Erdmann arrested in Phnom Penh

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby gavinmac » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Your FB page wasn't private, I saw the photo of you humping the statue a few months back when you posted here that you were bring followed.

They have nothing to do with anything though. This CD article is terrible, especially since it was all over khmer440 well before printing that the suggestion that he is the 44 year old offender is false. And we know lots of CD folks read this site.

Now, I ask, did you tell the Khmers that the USA refused you a new passport? Most expats don't just let their passports expire.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby scobienz » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:43 pm

gavinmac wrote:
They have nothing to do with anything though. This CD article is terrible, especially since it was all over khmer440 well before printing that the suggestion that he is the 44 year old offender is false. And we know lots of CD folks read this site.



The fact that the story remains on their website today compounds the issue. Shocking job Cambodia Daily.
"Sheffield, where I changed / And ate an awful pie."
User avatar
scobienz
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 12365
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:38 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby gavinmac » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:48 pm

That headline is atrocious. I hope their correction will be in the same size and location.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby sniper_m4 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:49 pm

My passport doesnt expire for a couple months however they wouldnt give me a visa because I need at least 6 months on it which I didnt know. It took nearly 2 months to get into the embassy for an appointment. I also couldnt travel to Vietnam for medical reasons because of less than 6 months. So I have been in contact with the embassy for an emergency travel document. So they must have told the Khmers that my visa was expired.
sniper_m4
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby sniper_m4 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Btw I have a criminal history report from usa which I needed to register my marriage. Wish I could post it on here and you can see I only have theft charges from wisconsin a DUI and driving without a lisence charge. The dumb ass wrote in the news article that he contacted me on facebook. He did. Didnt know they have facebook in lockup. He kept saying to me that I am in immigration lock up. I told him I wasnt. Im not being deported. I have not commited a crime in cambodia and immigration has no more issues with me.
sniper_m4
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby RainMan » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:25 pm

A new thread comes to mind..."How many convictions have you had in the past?"

I used to have 53, 49 were speeding in my motor bike days, two DUI and two cultivation.
Pretty boring.
User avatar
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith
 
Posts: 4842
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Location: Phnom Penh

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby Alexandra » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:29 pm

sniper_m4 wrote:I also couldnt travel to Vietnam for medical reasons because of less than 6 months. So I have been in contact with the embassy for an emergency travel document. So they must have told the Khmers that my visa was expired.


Forget the emergency passport, Vietnam and other countries don't issue visas for emergency passports regardless of validity. Emergency passports are only good to get you to the states, seeing that your passport was still valid there was no reason to issue an emergency passport. I'm surprised the embassy never told you that.

As for your claim that the FBI wasn't involved in your detainment or investigation and that the embassy just sent some top bloke to make sure your safety was granted... Well, you just don't understand how the FBI operates. The white men on scene during your arrest were FBI agents, and there were at least two more pairs assisting them with investigations together with APLE.

Bless
This account is no longer in my possession. Find me elsewhere.
User avatar
Alexandra
Where Did All the People Go?
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:52 am

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby violet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:31 pm

RainMan wrote:A new thread comes to mind..."How many convictions have you had in the past?"

I used to have 53, 49 were speeding in my motor bike days, two DUI and two cultivation.
Pretty boring.


speeding one dark Sunday morning (before sunrise) as I raced to get a photo of the Aurora Australis. An unfamiliar road, weird speed zones, realised I was going faster than should... thought stuff it and continued accelerating. Lost my licence for a month.
_________ don't claim credit for the work of others
User avatar
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman
 
Posts: 12731
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Not there.

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby sniper_m4 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:42 pm

I have about 7 pages of the criminal report all petty boring garbage. According to the CD an APLE spokesman said they didnt even know who I was other than the arrest report. (which makes sense with my old post about APLE following me and confusing me with someone else.) I dunno. I keep hearing all types of rumors and information that all contradicts each other. If The FBI is involved with immigration on rounding up visa overstays and invalid passports then so be it. All I know is the embassy told me the FBI wasnt involved. I have been playing Mortal Kombat X trying to forget all this shit.
sniper_m4
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby Alexandra » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:45 pm

sniper_m4 wrote:If The FBI is involved with immigration on rounding up visa overstays and invalid passports then so be it. All I know is the embassy told me the FBI wasnt involved. I have been playing Mortal Kombat X trying to forget all this shit.


They're not normally involved, but when someone is wanted back home... This time they thought you were.

Enjoy Mortal Kombat.

Bless
Last edited by Alexandra on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is no longer in my possession. Find me elsewhere.
User avatar
Alexandra
Where Did All the People Go?
 
Posts: 2580
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:52 am

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby violet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 pm

sniper_m4 wrote:I have about 7 pages of the criminal report all petty boring garbage. According to the CD an APLE spokesman said they didnt even know who I was other than the arrest report. (which makes sense with my old post about APLE following me and confusing me with someone else.) I dunno. I keep hearing all types of rumors and information that all contradicts each other. If The FBI is involved with immigration on rounding up visa overstays and invalid passports then so be it. All I know is the embassy told me the FBI wasnt involved. I have been playing Mortal Kombat X trying to forget all this shit.


i'm sorry you have had this brought upon you erroneously, as a result of someone not being clear.
_________ don't claim credit for the work of others
User avatar
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman
 
Posts: 12731
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Not there.

Re: American Eric Erdman arrested in Phnom Penh on visa charges - Khmer media report it as child sex offence arrest

Postby gavinmac » Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:56 pm

I feel bad for Erdman. When the Daily contacted him, he wasn't capable of concisely showing the reporter that he was suspected of being the Oregon guy then released. Instead he just said "it's all lies!" Which is what he said for pages and pages here, and that's exactly what a guilty fugitive sex offender would shout.
Last edited by gavinmac on Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 18217
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ali baba, chubacca, DonCalzone, esu, Gardiguy, greatwhitenorth, Jaap, Jackal, Jamie_Lambo, Joon, Judge, meatballs, Ot Mean Loi, PenhMan, PSD_Kiwi, RIH, starkmonster, tathom, tombraider, vladimir, YaTingPom, yg11 and 357 guests