Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby violet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:13 pm

logos wrote:Actually Violet you might want to register at his next intake.

You'd learn a thing or two (special techniques?) about hooking up with a nice boyfriend and have him pay for your education, of course.

I will sign up if he will teach me for free for a probationary period. At least two weeks.
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Miguelito » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 pm

violet wrote:I have a question. Does a person putting as much effort into alledgedly scamming as this thread indicates require much positive reinforcement? How many are handing over their money? Having said that, some alledged scammers have superior scamming skills and would likely get my money way too easily :-D

All this posted on here takes a lot of man hours. Motivation?

Just imagine if that time, creativity and motivation were focused on positive work...
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Alex » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 pm

That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?
Alex
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby The Window Licker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 am

This fly-by-night con artist should be exposed for what he is. A scammer in a suit.
Less and less people seem to have integrity these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
The Window Licker
I live above an internet cafe

Postby gavinmac » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 am

Alex wrote:That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?

Back in 2010, he ran for mayor of Fontana, California. He identified himself as a law professor. A reporter asked him where he had taught and whether he was employed. He refused to answer: http://www.dailybulletin.com/2010/09/10 ... -styles-2/

I have no reason to believe that he has ever passed a bar exam or been licensed anywhere to practice law, but I don't doubt that he graduated from law school. His various online resumes all say that he is a graduate of the Ohio Northern University Claude W. Pettit College of Law.

In the words of Officer Jimmy Malone, "Who would claim to be that who was not?"
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Miguelito » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:17 pm

gavinmac wrote:
Alex wrote:That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?

Back in 2010, he ran for mayor of Fontana, California. He identified himself as a law professor. A reporter asked him where he had taught and whether he was employed. He refused to answer: http://www.dailybulletin.com/2010/09/10 ... -styles-2/

I have no reason to believe that he has ever passed a bar exam or been licensed anywhere to practice law, but I don't doubt that he graduated from law school. His various online resumes all say that he is a graduate of the Ohio Northern University Claude W. Pettit College of Law.

In the words of Officer Jimmy Malone, "Who would claim to be that who was not?"

I can only presume you've requested confirmation and his transcript?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:13 pm

No sympathy for anyone stupid enough to fall for this guys scams.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Re: Can American

Postby logos » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 pm

The Window Licker wrote:This fly-by-night con artist should be exposed for what he is. A scammer in a suit.
Less and less people seem to have integrity these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can confirm that the cambodian bar association has been made fully aware of his existence and various claims.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby gavinmac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 am

What's the difference between a scammer a guy who will merely do anything for money?
gavinmac

Postby Pu Li » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 am

I can confirm that the 'Teach In China' thing is utter lies.

Even if he's tied in with a school that can employ foreign teachers, the process of getting a foreign expert certificate and a work visa is not less than six weeks.

If you are caught working on a tourist visa, you will be detained until you've paid the relative fine and deported back to your country of origin, at your own expense. No money, stay in detention until your embassy or family rescues you.

Which they may or may not.
Pu Li

Postby gavinmac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 am

Pu Li wrote:If you are caught working on a tourist visa, you will be detained until you've paid the relative fine and deported back to your country of origin, at your own expense. No money, stay in detention until your embassy or family rescues you.

Well if you do get detained in China for teaching illegally, you would probably need some legal advice. And who better to call for that than Keith McCarter?
gavinmac

Postby Loogan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 am

Hah. The ad at the bottom of my page is for legal services. Surprised is not Mr McCarter's services.

We Will Rock You
Loogan

Postby Stramash » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 am

Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
Stramash
My Best Friend is my Computer

Postby tombraider » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Stramash wrote:Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB

Did he....Legally Change his name? :pissed:
tombraider

Postby saulkc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 pm

tombraider wrote:
Stramash wrote:Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB

Did he....Legally Change his name? :pissed:

and did he charge himself $100 for the name change ?
saulkc
I've got nothing better to do

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy