Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby violet » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:13 pm

logos wrote:Actually Violet you might want to register at his next intake.

You'd learn a thing or two (special techniques?) about hooking up with a nice boyfriend and have him pay for your education, of course.


I will sign up if he will teach me for free for a probationary period. At least two weeks.
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
User avatar
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman
 
Posts: 14408
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:48 pm
Location: Not there.

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Miguelito » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:35 pm

violet wrote:I have a question. Does a person putting as much effort into alledgedly scamming as this thread indicates require much positive reinforcement? How many are handing over their money? Having said that, some alledged scammers have superior scamming skills and would likely get my money way too easily :-D

All this posted on here takes a lot of man hours. Motivation?


Just imagine if that time, creativity and motivation were focused on positive work...
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 2964
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Alex » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 pm

That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?
User avatar
Alex
Bark plop plop bark woof woof
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:08 am

Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby The Window Licker » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:22 am

This fly-by-night con artist should be exposed for what he is. A scammer in a suit.
Less and less people seem to have integrity these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
The Window Licker
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:06 am

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby gavinmac » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:53 am

Alex wrote:That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?


Back in 2010, he ran for mayor of Fontana, California. He identified himself as a law professor. A reporter asked him where he had taught and whether he was employed. He refused to answer: http://www.dailybulletin.com/2010/09/10 ... -styles-2/

I have no reason to believe that he has ever passed a bar exam or been licensed anywhere to practice law, but I don't doubt that he graduated from law school. His various online resumes all say that he is a graduate of the Ohio Northern University Claude W. Pettit College of Law.

In the words of Officer Jimmy Malone, "Who would claim to be that who was not?"
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19476
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Miguelito » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:17 pm

gavinmac wrote:
Alex wrote:That he's a [removed] actually works in his favor. Yet the question remains, what are his real credentials?


Back in 2010, he ran for mayor of Fontana, California. He identified himself as a law professor. A reporter asked him where he had taught and whether he was employed. He refused to answer: http://www.dailybulletin.com/2010/09/10 ... -styles-2/

I have no reason to believe that he has ever passed a bar exam or been licensed anywhere to practice law, but I don't doubt that he graduated from law school. His various online resumes all say that he is a graduate of the Ohio Northern University Claude W. Pettit College of Law.

In the words of Officer Jimmy Malone, "Who would claim to be that who was not?"


I can only presume you've requested confirmation and his transcript?
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 2964
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:13 pm

No sympathy for anyone stupid enough to fall for this guys scams.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3678
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Can American

Postby logos » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:54 pm

The Window Licker wrote:This fly-by-night con artist should be exposed for what he is. A scammer in a suit.
Less and less people seem to have integrity these days.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I can confirm that the cambodian bar association has been made fully aware of his existence and various claims.
User avatar
logos
WankPoodle
 
Posts: 5738
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby gavinmac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 am

What's the difference between a scammer a guy who will merely do anything for money?
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19476
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Pu Li » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:04 am

I can confirm that the 'Teach In China' thing is utter lies.

Even if he's tied in with a school that can employ foreign teachers, the process of getting a foreign expert certificate and a work visa is not less than six weeks.

If you are caught working on a tourist visa, you will be detained until you've paid the relative fine and deported back to your country of origin, at your own expense. No money, stay in detention until your embassy or family rescues you.

Which they may or may not.
Pu Li
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:57 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby gavinmac » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:27 am

Pu Li wrote:If you are caught working on a tourist visa, you will be detained until you've paid the relative fine and deported back to your country of origin, at your own expense. No money, stay in detention until your embassy or family rescues you.



Well if you do get detained in China for teaching illegally, you would probably need some legal advice. And who better to call for that than Keith McCarter?
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19476
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Loogan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:13 am

Hah. The ad at the bottom of my page is for legal services. Surprised is not Mr McCarter's services.

Image
We Will Rock You
User avatar
Loogan
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:10 am
Location: Woofter-Ville.

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby Stramash » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:11 am

Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB
“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”
User avatar
Stramash
My Best Friend is my Computer
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby tombraider » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Stramash wrote:Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB


Did he....Legally Change his name? :pissed:
tombraider
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Can American "legal advisor" Keith McCarter get you Cambodian citizenship, work permit, teaching job, and apartment?

Postby saulkc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:24 pm

tombraider wrote:
Stramash wrote:Cambodia's own Denny Crane is now 'Phnom Penh Keith' on FB


Did he....Legally Change his name? :pissed:


and did he charge himself $100 for the name change ?
User avatar
saulkc
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AnassRamaIV, Beaker, crazyjohn, DetroitMuscle, Gin&Tonic, LexusSchmexus, Nasty Canasta, patcan, pedros, Rama, sociopath, steelyRon, Steve Zodiac, Taa Moan, YaTingPom and 316 guests