Taxi Ride Experiences

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Taxi Ride Experiences

Postby HaramBarang » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm

[quote="LexusSchmexus"]
This is another example of how the mind creates various impressions. Unless your first visit to Cambodia was over ten years ago, this story makes zero sense. The shooting ranges used to be on the outskirts of the city. No way it would take two hours to get there. Another possibility is that they took you to the base where his friend worked (would have been possible many moons ago). However, even then it makes no sense as there are no military bases "in the middle of the jungle"... I'm assuming they brought you to the base by Kompong Speu, but in no way is that the middle of the jungle... Again, the mind creating these magical impressions on our recollections. Unless your first visit was well over a decade ago, then anything is possible but even then the jungle bit is far-fetched and likely a figment of your imagination or interpretation.[/quote]

Okok, fine. Maybe not "in the middle of the jungle", I guess when you're used to pine and fir trees things look like jungle quite fast. But it was far out of town, and I remember well it took approx two hours to get there. No houses or anything for a while after we turned from the main road. English is not my main language, but I tried to specify it was not a military base by saying compound. It had a gate and some buildings and shacks scattered around, no idea what the place is called or where it was located. It was five years ago btw, so not that many moons.

It was more the situation I tried to describe, they could easily do bad things with me and no one would know, maybe more likely the driver and his friends than the "military guys".
HaramBarang
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby Jep » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:45 pm

Haram is correct.

Lexus is jumping to conclusions imo.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby Lucky Lucan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 pm

There was a shooting range near Choueng Ek in a wooded area, and it could have taken quite a while to get there when the road was fucked.
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby businessclass » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Uber promo in the mail, 10 free rides at $4, hmm, should probably give it a try.
businessclass
I have some social problems

Postby violet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:22 pm

businessclass wrote:Uber promo in the mail, 10 free rides at $4, hmm, should probably give it a try.

It ends on 15th Oct...don’t know if that means still discounted on 15th or up until midnight of 14/15th
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby Jep » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

violet wrote:
businessclass wrote:Uber promo in the mail, 10 free rides at $4, hmm, should probably give it a try.

It ends on 15th Oct...don’t know if that means still discounted on 15th or up until midnight of 14/15th

If they mess up they will cough up 10 bucks free voucher for next experience
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby Khmer_Risotto » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm

[quote="violet"][quote="businessclass"]Uber promo in the mail, 10 free rides at $4, hmm, should probably give it a try.[/quote]
It ends on 15th Oct...don’t know if that means still discounted on 15th or up until midnight of 14/15th[/quote]

Got a text from uber yesterday with a new promo: MovingPP

Get $2 off your next 5 trips until Oct. 31st
Khmer_Risotto
440 newbie - handle with care

Previous

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy