Khmer440 drink up - 20 October

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Khmer440 drink up - 20 October

Postby violet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 am

Miguelito wrote:Due to popular demand we have decided to host a drink up for all of you. Youngwill has generously offered us one of his bars and some beer, and we may even have some light snacks.

It will be Friday, October 20th, from 7-9, at Ponytails Bar on street 130.

It's a large, open bar space, and perfect for mingling. Beers will be on the house until we drink them out (several kegs worth), but cocktails or other drinks you can buy yourselves. Yes, it is a hostess bar, but the girls certainly won't hassle you, but of course you're welcome to buy them drinks if you're so inclined.

All are welcome!

Damn awkward time. Should be plenty of beer for those who do turn up though
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby usernamenone » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:05 am

pedros wrote:Makes a change from the fucking Garage.

I did take the mrs to angry birds one time as a balloon chaser, when it was a free BBQ, and another time when Orange Dragon threw his 'I'm back, don't tell my wife I'm going to divorce her just yet' party.

Both times were fine, Mrs P isn't exactly known for her love of bars or me getting shit faced in them, but thought AB was 'nice place', although I'm still banned from visiting solo.

What do you have against the Garage? It was a cozy place. I paid for all the K440 members’ beers at a get together once. jm made some snack food and one of the waitresses grilled burgers outside.

Orange Dragon did THAT to her at Angry Birds? Mein Gott! What did she ever see in him?
usernamenone
5 minutes to kill

Postby pedros » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:40 am

A) Nothing against garage.
B) No, facebook messenger a few weeks later.
pedros
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Postby usernamenone » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:15 am

But a party first where he is already planning on divorcing her and let’s everyone in the know?

And then does the deed on messenger to her a few weeks later?

Worthy of an episode or two of TV drama. Or at least a Khmer video.
usernamenone
5 minutes to kill

Postby alifeapart » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:57 am

Now that it is revealed that most of the users on this board are multinicks of present and former shareholders and that 50% of the remainder are staging a boycott, the remaing cohort of seven had better be able to drink a serious amount of beer.
alifeapart
I've got internet at work

Postby Miguelito » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:58 am

alifeapart wrote:Now that it is revealed that most of the users on this board are multinicks of present and former shareholders and that 50% of the remainder are staging a boycott, the remaing cohort of seven had better be able to drink a serious amount of beer.

Challenge accepted.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby 0zirC » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:51 am

It will be Friday, October 20th, from 7-9, at Ponytails Bar on street 130

Is this still happening?

If it isn't then I would like to know.
Fiberglass Statues, 3-D Figures/Figurines, Advertising Solutions, Interior Decorations. E-mail: [email protected]
0zirC
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby alifeapart » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 am

0zirC wrote:
It will be Friday, October 20th, from 7-9, at Ponytails Bar on street 130

Is this still happening?

If it isn't then I would like to know.

Its been moved venue to a costume shop with multiple changing rooms for multiniks to change persona like Mr. Benn of the 1970's.
alifeapart
I've got internet at work

Postby Joon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:27 am

alifeapart wrote:Now that it is revealed that most of the users on this board are multinicks of present and former shareholders and that 50% of the remainder are staging a boycott, the remaing cohort of seven had better be able to drink a serious amount of beer.

I hope you'll arrange for a taxi or to ask a sober friend or family member to drive you home if you're planning to get hammered at the booze-up this evening.
Joon
Croque Madame Fetishist

Postby The third man » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:45 am

Joon wrote:

I hope you'll arrange for a taxi or to ask a sober friend or family member to drive you home if you're planning to get hammered at the booze-up this evening.

Our vigilant drivers are on standby and busy readying the 440 limo fleet.
The third man
New Sheriff in Town

Postby Jep » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:38 pm

^ nobody showed up.
The tuk's drank 2 barrels of beer.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby scoffer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm

FFS, Booking flights on line is not my specialty.

I logged onto lastchanceflights.com yesterday with the intention of flying over for the drinks.
As soon as I identified myself by putting my passport details onto the site a "Booking Rejected "notification appeared.

It stated that I was not allowed to travel unless all online booking were confirmed by adult that has experience with completing online bookings.
I guess my failure rate at arriving at the correct destination has become public knowledge.

Enjoy the drinks and I'll be in town for New Years Eve, so will share an ale or two with you folk then.
I refuse to go out with nothing more than a whimper followed by a small farting sound and a shit stain on my bed sheets..
Just thought I'd share that with you.
scoffer
Tech Ninja / Kangaroo Baiter

Postby Strange dave » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm coming
Strange dave
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby violet » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Tmi
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby scoffer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Strange dave wrote:I'm coming

Is that before or after the bar fine is paid :)
I refuse to go out with nothing more than a whimper followed by a small farting sound and a shit stain on my bed sheets..
Just thought I'd share that with you.
scoffer
Tech Ninja / Kangaroo Baiter

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy