Who might be first to go? Methheads and aged expats, TEFLers, NGOers?

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Re: Who might be first to go? Methheads and aged expats, TEFLers, NGOers?

Postby Jep » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 pm

No pic's . Gav just made that up.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby sattroni » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:17 pm

The Chinese will be the first to go . When I first came here , it was the French , then the Brits , then the Germans , then the Russians .
The Chinese are finding how difficult it is to do business here , and make a profit , already I am seeing restaurants closed / for sale .
They pay over the top for everything , and their only customers are other Chinese .
Brits used to come here with 10k , and think they could start a profitable business , the Chinese are the same .
And , sooner rather than later , the Chinese economy will nosedive , banks are already starting to shovel money out the door , lending to anyone with a heartbeat . The next Chinese new year is going to be mayhem though .
Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
sattroni
I have some social problems

Postby gavinmac » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Jep wrote:No pic's . Gav just made that up.

Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Just Robbed » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:37 pm

What a stupid thread.
Khmers don't give a toss about drunken bum foreigners. They have enough of their own.
Why only yesterday morning I was going out for a spin on the unicycle and came to a road blocked by a wedding tent. There was some sort old Twat tastefully lying in the gutter missed just outside. At 1000am. And he wasn't even Australian.
Just Robbed
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby Loogan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:32 am

gavinmac wrote:
Jep wrote:No pic's . Gav just made that up.

Gavvy doesn't say shit unless he can prove it with DNA evidence in a court of law.
We Will Rock You
Loogan
I live above an internet cafe

Postby Lucky Lucan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:16 am

sattroni wrote:The Chinese will be the first to go . When I first came here , it was the French , then the Brits , then the Germans , then the Russians .
The Chinese are finding how difficult it is to do business here , and make a profit , already I am seeing restaurants closed / for sale .
They pay over the top for everything , and their only customers are other Chinese .
Brits used to come here with 10k , and think they could start a profitable business , the Chinese are the same .
And , sooner rather than later , the Chinese economy will nosedive , banks are already starting to shovel money out the door , lending to anyone with a heartbeat . The next Chinese new year is going to be mayhem though .

The Chinese are finding how difficult it is to do business here? Sure, explain then how they have been dominating trade and commerce in the region for centuries. :roll:
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby crazyjohn » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:15 am

They might be trying to sell dodgy TV cards or crappy plywood boats...
crazyjohn
I've got nothing better to do

Postby YaTingPom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:48 am

Chinese forgien currency reserve increase for the eighth month in a row to over $3 trillion.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ital-curbs

This is the model Cambodia is following.

Even after the supposed clampdown on outgoing money the Chinese are still spending shit loads in Cambodia.
The Chinese are here to stay. No change from the last 1000 years.
Oh long will old Ireland be seeking in vain
Ere we find a new leader to match the man slain.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby Phuket2006 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:36 pm

The chinese are there to stay. Buying up property, busuness and bringing in their own workers. Hence reason over 600 khmers leave daily, Legally, to work in thailand :thumbsup:
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
The Internet is my Friend

Postby YaTingPom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:09 pm

Phuket2006 wrote:The chinese are there to stay. Buying up property, busuness and bringing in their own workers. Hence reason over 600 khmers leave daily, Legally, to work in thailand :thumbsup:

600 a day leave Sihanoukille?
So nearly 22k leave annually to work in Thailand? On top of the existing workers who already work in Thailand?

:lol:
Do have a source for this information or is it out of your arse?
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby kansaicanuck » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 pm

YaTingPom wrote:
Phuket2006 wrote:The chinese are there to stay. Buying up property, busuness and bringing in their own workers. Hence reason over 600 khmers leave daily, Legally, to work in thailand :thumbsup:

So nearly 22k leave annually to work in Thailand? On top of the existing workers who already work in Thailand?

Sounded a bit high to me but I did find this from just a few months ago...

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/many-cambodian-migrants-still-unregistered-work-thailand

The Thai Labour Ministry reported yesterday that nearly 223,000 Cambodians had registered at centres in the country during a two-week window for undocumented migrants to get papers, a number that falls well short of legalising all Cambodian workers in the country, according to estimates from experts...

Migrant rights workers have previously estimated that the number of undocumented Cambodian workers is as high as 500,000 – leaving many migrants and their employers exposed when the law kicks in.

kansaicanuck
I need professional help

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 pm

YaTingPom wrote:

Haha I don’t think he is just talking about Sihanoukville. Number is absolutely believable to me.
And it’s 220k not 22k.
Wouldn’t expect that number to be net though
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ

Postby Felgerkarb » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:25 pm

As I posted elsewhere, Morticia's family cannot run any boats in this years Water Festival because they have no crews...they all left for work in Thailand.
====================
Why are the gods such vicious cunts?
Where is the god of tits and wine?
Felgerkarb
Sir Felgerkarb, Kt Pb

Location: Castle Felgerkarb, Felgerkarbia (Formerly Preah Vihear)

Postby YaTingPom » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:45 pm

So Khmers getting themselves registered and legal from all over Cambodia to work in Thailand?
Because of the Chinese taking over Sihanoukille and nicking all their jobs?

Bit of a leap.

Historically hasn't there always been a large migration of Khmer workers to Thailand, both semi permanent and long term? It's got fuck all to do with the chinks, who have only really been on everyone's radar for what 18 months and mainly in SHV.

Maybe they just want to earn more and have "stuff". I don't know. I'm not trying to defend the Chinese. I just irritated when everything is just blanket blamed on the Chinese.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm

^YTP there are Chinese in other parts of Cambodia than just SHV...

You do know there is more to Cambodia than SHV?
Don’t you?!?
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy