Opened/Closed in 2017-Restaurants and Pubs

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Opened/Closed in 2017-Restaurants and Pubs

Postby DetroitMuscle » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Have any well known places closed down or changed this year? Any notable new spots opened up?
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440

Re: Opened/Closed in 2017-Restaurants and Pubs

Postby Miguelito » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:38 pm

Interesting thread, which could also include places that changed hands (and perhaps rebranded), such as El Capitan became Mings.

Not a restaurant/Pub, but Vito has closed in an interesting fashion after the new owner was arrested.
Loads have opened up in TTP. A few Mexican spots, such as Dos Besos and Agave, as well as Luigi opening his new restaurant down there, just to name a few.

It looks like Besto has closed, unfortunately, as has The Empire (although it will be reopened and rebranded...).

Bouchon moved, so they kind of closed and opened, does that count?

I'm not sure at this point if Bar Sito is open or closed?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Re: Opened/Closed in 2017-Restaurants and Pubs

Postby tombraider » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 pm

Sito is due to open any day I think - new name the guy who is/was behind - Chicky, 21 Bar, Caravan is remodeling and reopening it soon if it isn't already. just down that alleyway there is a bang bang bang bar. owned by a french Khmer. His shop front (Bee something?) turns into it around 6pm. just bottles but very good cocktails downside, a lot of French go but they are better than the usual surly lot.
tombraider
I live above an internet cafe

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy