Beware the siren

This is a free speech zone where you can discuss and debate everything Cambodia related. Cambodia Speakeasy is Cambodia's leading expat discussion forum.

Beware the siren

Postby Rib » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:55 pm

There's always a siren, singing you to shipwreck. Steer away from those rocks, you'll be a walking disaster. :pissed:
Rib
Stig of the Dump

Re: Beware the siren

Postby RainMan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:21 am

Rib wrote:There's always a siren, singing you to shipwreck. Steer away from those rocks, you'll be a walking disaster. :pissed:

And your'e buying Cheeries bar? 8-)
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby Rib » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:12 pm

My brother stepped in and scuppered the deal. Reckons my mother has dementia. Furthermore, he thinks I'm green and lonely. I called him a fucking melt and walked away. I said listen bro, I've had a girl before. And she looked like the real thing. She even tasted like the real thing, I said. Fucking melt. I really wanted that bar.
Rib
Stig of the Dump

Postby the chicken » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:05 pm

Just another day in Phnom Penh.
the chicken
I Have Not Been Outside Today

Postby Lucky Lucan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:32 pm

I reckon you have dementia Rib, or else you is on the rocks, wise up dude. 8-)
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Pu Li » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:42 am

Drugs are great.

But don't try to do anything meaningful while you're on them. :eyes:

Beyond buying pizza or more drugs.
Pu Li
I've got internet at work

Postby logos » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:35 am

Shouldn't we assume that whatever time Rib posts is always 3 am somewhere?
logos
WankPoodle

Postby Hanno » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:32 am

logos wrote:Shouldn't we assume that whatever time Rib posts is always 3 am somewhere?

Exactly what I was thinking.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Only Friend

Postby newnewnewbie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:17 pm

Sirens at 3am, is usually a sign of disaster.
newnewnewbie
I live above an internet cafe

Postby Rib » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi guys hope you are all well and enjoying life. The problem is that I have stopped taking drugs, not that I'm on them. I've recently spent about 7,000 US on purple medical grade nasty looking skunk buds, and I blazed it all in the beautiful English sunshine. Trouble is I go a bit nutty when I come off it. In two more days I will be fine. All the best.
Rib
Stig of the Dump

Postby Dallow Spicer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:08 pm

Have the mods just given up on keeping this site in order? Come on Migs. This is getting ridiculous. Because of its - how shall we say - unique posting base the forum needs regular housekeeping to deal with crap like rib’s nonsense and double threads like those below. If it doesn’t happen then Speakeasy starts to look less and less appealing. As it’s the first place people go to it creates a bad impression and people just move away.

If Mods and Admin don’t give a shit, it’s hard to expect posters and readers and advertisers to care either.
Last edited by Dallow Spicer on Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallow Spicer
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Rib » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Stop acting like a melt. This is a free world and you, and Cambodia, are my only true friends. Mods can we get a melt emoji thing ?
Rib
Stig of the Dump

Postby Dallow Spicer » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Well it’s not it’s my business so I couldn’t give a shit really but I would have thought it’s just plain common sense. To make money from an asset you need to keep that asset in a good state of repair. If you don’t you suddenly find yourself overseeing a shit asset that no one is interested in.

Actually change that: I do care. I have a deep affection for 440 and candidly it’s depressing to see it at the moment.

I don’t for a second buy into the validity of Gonk’s much lauded traffic numbers - Facebook clicks that stay for seconds and bot harvesting does not make it a more successful or popular site.

But it’s hard to refute his claim now that TOF is leaving 440 behind in terms of engaged comment and that is largely as a result of him working at it. He also has the benefit of having a solid core of committed posters who make an effort to create new content and threads, something 440 posters seem reluctant to do. My hunch is that posters are so used to being amused and entertained here in the past that they have forgotten how to create new threads or think it’s someone else’s job. Look at that Twitter babe thread for example - that’s a huge story which would have generated 30 pages a few years ago. Now nobody can be arsed. The result is the sorry state of seeing posters like felgerkarb and bubble t post exclusively on CEO now and those who post on both spending more time and making more effort there than here.

A couple of years ago 440 was averaging 9000-10000 posts a month. I suspect it will struggle to reach 2000 at the moment. Unless people start making an effort the outcome is inevitable. And that’s got to start with management setting the right example.
Dallow Spicer
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Bong Burgundy » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Dallow Spicer wrote:Well it’s not it’s my business so I couldn’t give a shit really but I would have thought it’s just plain common sense. To make money from an asset you need to keep that asset in a good state of repair. If you don’t you suddenly find yourself overseeing a shit asset that no one is interested in.

Actually change that: I do care. I have a deep affection for 440 and candidly it’s depressing to see it at the moment.

I don’t for a second buy into the validity of Gonk’s much lauded traffic numbers - Facebook clicks that stay for seconds and bot harvesting does not make it a more successful or popular site.

But it’s hard to refute his claim now that TOF is leaving 440 behind in terms of engaged comment and that is largely as a result of him working at it. He also has the benefit of having a solid core of committed posters who make an effort to create new content and threads, something 440 posters seem reluctant to do. My hunch is that posters are so used to being amused and entertained here in the past that they have forgotten how to create new threads or think it’s someone else’s job. Look at that Twitter babe thread for example - that’s a huge story which would have generated 30 pages a few years ago. Now nobody can be arsed. The result is the sorry state of seeing posters like felgerkarb and bubble t post exclusively on CEO now and those who post on both spending more time and making more effort there than here.

A couple of years ago 440 was averaging 9000-10000 posts a month. I suspect it will struggle to reach 2000 at the moment. Unless people start making an effort the outcome is inevitable. And that’s got to start with management setting the right example.

This ^ MAKE 440 GRATE AGAIN!
Bringing the news a few hours or days before the other channel, or a few minutes after. You stay classy, nah, Cambodia.
Bong Burgundy
My Best Friend is my Computer

Postby Mèo Đen » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:28 pm

Rib wrote:Stop acting like a melt. This is a free world and you, and Cambodia, are my only true friends. Mods can we get a melt emoji thing ?

:lol:
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Next

Return to Cambodia Speakeasy