Any good garages yet

Whether you've got a Tico or a Lexus, a Dailim or a Harley, this is the forum to discuss transport in Cambodia. Where to buy it, how much to pay and what to do when the wheels fall off.

Any good garages yet

Postby crazyjohn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:15 pm

I have a 74 year old mate who still works as a diesel mechanic on the pension. He never seems to get paid any extra by his mates who employ him and are always going broke.
I would like to return and set up Pensioner Motors with a diesel mechanic, an AC expert and a transmission expert. These knowledgable chaps are Unemployable in Australia but still have so much to offer.
Are there any real garages yet?
crazyjohn
I've got internet at work

Re: Any good garages yet

Postby 104 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Not had personal experience but i recall a friend talking about Western Motors, and saying how they used to be pretty slack but have upped there game now.

http://www.wmg-cambodia.com/
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby gavinmac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:14 pm

crazyjohn wrote:I have a 74 year old mate who still works as a diesel mechanic on the pension. He never seems to get paid any extra by his mates who employ him and are always going broke.
I would like to return and set up Pensioner Motors with a diesel mechanic, an AC expert and a transmission expert. These knowledgable chaps are Unemployable in Australia but still have so much to offer.
Are there any real garages yet?

Pensioner Motors sounds like the next great reality TV show.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby crazyjohn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Funny you should say Gav. That is partly my angle. As usual you are very prescient. As for Western Motors, I helped fund it but was let down very quickly. I have principles.
crazyjohn
I've got internet at work

Postby Duncan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:00 pm

[quote="crazyjohn"]I have a 74 year old mate who still works as a diesel mechanic on the pension. He never seems to get paid any extra by his mates who employ him and are always going broke.
Are there any real garages yet?[/quote]

Have you tried the Garage at #9 Street 110
Duncan
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Return to Cars and Bikes