Warehouse motorbikes

Whether you've got a Tico or a Lexus, a Dailim or a Harley, this is the forum to discuss transport in Cambodia. Where to buy it, how much to pay and what to do when the wheels fall off.

Warehouse motorbikes

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:11 pm

There was a recent thread on getting number plates and registration cards for foreigners - but I can’t find it.

The consensus was that there was a recent decree that foreigners could only register new bikes in their own name. Not second hand bikes...

What about motorbikes bought from a warehouse. They aren’t new but are ‘new to Cambodia’. They have never been registered in Cambodia before - can a foreigner register one of these in their own name?

Anybody have any insight - or know someone that they could ask?
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Re: Warehouse motorbikes

Postby YaTingPom » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:41 pm

I think the reason new motorbikes are allowed to be registered is because the dealer usually does it when you buy the bike.

They don’t want scummy white folk cluttering up their places getting all grumpy and “demand to see your boss”, which I saw at the register place in SHV!
I’m bringing sexy back.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:51 pm

I suspect that warehouse bikes could be registered as they are technically new to Cambodia. But that is just based on my western logic - which has proved to be very wrong many times over the years.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Postby epidemiks » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:01 pm

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:I suspect that warehouse bikes could be registered as they are technically new to Cambodia. But that is just based on my western logic - which has proved to be very wrong many times over the years.
I'm sure the Scot from moto69 was telling someone on Facebook recently this was possible, if complicated.
epidemiks
I Love 440 More Than Real Life

Postby YaTingPom » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:33 pm

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:I suspect that warehouse bikes could be registered as they are technically new to Cambodia. But that is just based on my western logic - which has proved to be very wrong many times over the years.

Logic - skirt, bra, eyelash extensions, high heels = female.
I’m bringing sexy back.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Return to Cars and Bikes