• Advertisement
Karcher

US State Department Letter, December 6

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

US State Department Letter, December 6

Postby Bong Burgundy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:55 am

Stay classy, Cambodia
Bong Burgundy
I've got nothing better to do

Re: US State Department Letter, December 6

Postby Miguelito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:20 am

Oh no! Now they’ll have to go to Paris or Singapore for their holidays instead of... where would they even want to go in the US?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Beaker » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:26 am

Fuck the US they need to get there own house in order before they start preaching to others.
Ι'м тнє σиє ωнσ нαѕ тσ ∂ιє ωнєи ιт'ѕ тιмє fσя мє тσ ∂ιє ѕσ ℓєт мє ℓινє му ℓιfє тнє ωαу Ι ωαит тσ - ʝJιмι Нєи∂яιχ
Beaker
I've got internet at work

Postby Mèo Đen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:29 am

Miguelito wrote:Oh no! Now they’ll have to go to Paris or Singapore for their holidays instead of... where would they even want to go in the US?

Florida! :lol:

Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:30 am

Are you kidding me?

Khmer folk would bloody love Disney! The framed picture of a Snow White with a sour faced Om would be on display for everyone to see in the house.
Only problem would be the queues. And the walking. And the lack of green mangoes. And the CIA.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby content » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Miguelito wrote:Oh no! Now they’ll have to go to Paris or Singapore for their holidays instead of... where would they even want to go in the US?

Many go to Long Beach, California. They have large houses there and they love the amenities of the west. :google:
content
I've got internet at work

Postby DetroitMuscle » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Right, no major cities here worth visiting. We are but a small country without much diversity.

I think big government was talking about promoting a few places in hopes of getting tourists to come check it out. They mentioned this hidden gem called New York City and were also talking about the small, relatively unknown village of Los Angeles. I think they are planning on trying to create this entertainment type district called New Vegas? No, Las Vegas it was. As of now, these places are quiet and relatively unknown without many tourists. Hopefully that will change once foreigners take notice.
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440

Postby maven » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm

I hope they'll rethink, I'm desperate to visit Baltimore and Chicago, beautiful I here.
maven
5 minutes to kill

Postby epidemiks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:46 pm

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:Are you kidding me?

Khmer folk would bloody love Disney! The framed picture of a Snow White with a sour faced Om would be on display for everyone to see in the house.
Only problem would be the queues. And the walking. And the lack of green mangoes. And the CIA.

And the democracy.
Any Cambodian associated with the ruling party that visits the US should probably be thoroughly investigated anyway. They might have been turned by the flagrant displays of democracy Americans are known to exhibit.
epidemiks
A Moment of Clarity

Postby Miguelito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:59 pm

DetroitMuscle wrote:

Right, no major cities here worth visiting. We are but a small country without much diversity.

I think big government was talking about promoting a few places in hopes of getting tourists to come check it out. They mentioned this hidden gem called New York City and were also talking about the small, relatively unknown village of Los Angeles. I think they are planning on trying to create this entertainment type district called New Vegas? No, Las Vegas it was. As of now, these places are quiet and relatively unknown without many tourists. Hopefully that will change once foreigners take notice.

There’s also San Diego, which is German for “whale’s vagina”.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby kansaicanuck » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:33 pm

This isn't really about holidays though is it? This is going to affect a lot of the high-ups here who have wealth in the United States, business, children going to school in the United States ect. Case in point, if this had happened while the big guys son was going to school at West Point it would be a big deal. It's certain to cause some major headaches for some people but not necessarily vacation wise.
kansaicanuck
I need professional help

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:38 pm

kansaicanuck wrote:

This isn't really about holidays though is it? This is going to affect a lot of the high-ups here who have wealth in the United States, business, children going to school in the United States ect. Case in point, if this had happened while the big guys son was going to school at West Point it would be a big deal. It's certain to cause some major headaches for some people but not necessarily vacation wise.

Hence my questions at the Town Hall Meeting I was prohibited from. And the backlash which will come will be significant.

What if Cambodia puts the same restrictions on US Citizens? Just askin.
I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby kansaicanuck » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:46 pm

batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:
kansaicanuck wrote:

Hence my questions at the Town Hall Meeting I was prohibited from. And the backlash which will come will be significant.

I'm guessing that would just hurt Cambodia more than anything. Why don't they just take it a step further and kick us all out and see if China will fill all the gaps alone.
kansaicanuck
I need professional help

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:50 pm

I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby Edwardo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:23 pm

kansaicanuck wrote:
batshitcrazyweirdo wrote:
kansaicanuck wrote:

I'm guessing that would just hurt Cambodia more than anything. Why don't they just take it a step further and kick us all out and see if China will fill all the gaps alone.

China can now fill all the gaps that HE is interested in filling. This has fuck all to do with what is best for the average Cambodian. Seemingly no-stings-attached political and economic maneuvering by the Chinese seem a very attractive alternative to western conditional-based development aid...for now. All the Chinese demand up front is the occasional vote in their favor on some conflicts with the UN or ASEAN countries. The cheap loans and infrastructure development project investments appear too good to be true. You can ask the Venezuelans and Pakistanis how similar tradeoffs have turned out for them so far. The Congolese will be finding this out shortly as they sign over their entire mining sector (which is the bulk of their economy) to government-backed Chinese companies.
'Cuz some is rich, and some is poor, and that's the way the world is.
Edwardo
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Next

Return to Cambodia in the News