Angry Mob Smashes Hit & Run Driver and Car

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

Re: Angry Mob Smashes Hit & Run Driver and Car

Postby epidemiks » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm

spitthedog wrote:I wonder what the driver of the car teaches at uni then?

Please tell me it's law or something like that?
He's Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities http://coahl.uc.edu.kh/uct-member-14
epidemiks
I Love 440 More Than Real Life

Postby 104 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Campus driving instructor maybe
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby vladimir » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 pm

pedros wrote:Get a cheap K-59, keep it in your glove box, loaded. Any sign of trouble wave it out the window, maybe pop off a few warning shots. Just like in USA.

Great advice, you'd probably be arrested as soon as you tried to buy the weapon.

'Pop off a few shots'? Like one for each year you'd be spending in Prey Sar.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby pedros » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:50 pm

:stupid:

Anyways, it turns out 1 of my clan studied under him. The official story is something like this....

Guy prangs a moto, slows down, nothing serious. A few start shouting, guys panics and takes off. Chinese whispers start straight away that he killed someone, so a mob takes off after him. Trying to flee the mob he hits one of their motos, causing another accident and forcing him to stop. Sticks and stones are rained down from the pack.

He's already been sent to hospital in Vietnam.
pedros

Postby Miguelito » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:06 pm

pedros wrote::stupid:

Anyways, it turns out 1 of my clan studied under him. The official story is something like this....

Guy prangs a moto, slows down, nothing serious. A few start shouting, guys panics and takes off. Chinese whispers start straight away that he killed someone, so a mob takes off after him. Trying to flee the mob he hits one of their motos, causing another accident and forcing him to stop. Sticks and stones are rained down from the pack.

This reminds me of a story from a year ago:

Man beaten by mob after killing three in car crash now comatose in ICU

A man who was savagely beaten by a mob after killing three people and injuring eight more with his car as he tried to flee a collision remained unconscious and under police guard yesterday, with a doctor saying he may not survive.

Police yesterday named Meas Sokheng as the man who smashed a Toyota Camry into several motorbikes as he sped the wrong way up Phnom Penh’s Monivong Boulevard at about 5:30pm on Monday, in what witnesses said was an attempt to flee from a minor collision with another car.

After his car came to a stop, the 30-year-old, a phone seller from Chak Angre Krom commune in the capital’s Meanchey district, was set upon by a mob, which beat him for several minutes until police intervened.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby ali baba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm

That guy was sentenced to 3 years prison a few months back. The Post's report suggested that his mental faculties were diminished.

The official story is something like this....

You just made that up!
C'mere c'meye
ali baba
"Suit up!"

Postby the chicken » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Yea I dont buy it too. Pedros probably just got a second hand info and translated by his local homie. I tried to find the link I saw this morning on FB but couldnt find it. If anyone got a link to the latest report from the local media post it here and I will translate.
the chicken

Postby pedros » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm

the chicken wrote:Yea I dont buy it too. Pedros probably just got a second hand info and translated by his local homie. I tried to find the link I saw this morning on FB but couldnt find it. If anyone got a link to the latest report from the local media post it here and I will translate.

From the wife actually... but it fits well enough with the PPP's latest take on it,

Authorities said Sareth was accused of knocking a motorist from a motorbike near Wat Tuol Santevoan. Witnesses began chasing after Sareth’s car when it failed to stop at the site, but Sareth eventually was brought to a halt near Preah Kossamak Hospital in Tuol Kork and cornered by outraged residents.The victim of the hit and run has yet to be identified.

The video also shows people kicking Sareth’s car, beating his head with motorbike helmets, and slamming his fingers in the car door.

Teuk La’ak II commune police chief Ton Ravy said Sareth’s car was stopped due to a mechanical failure, but Sokunthea and witnesses say he collided with another car.

“After the beating, we rushed to help him,” Ravy said. “We are investigating and cannot reveal the perpetrators yet.”

A doctor at Hong Hak clinic, where Sareth was first taken, said Sareth was in a “very serious condition, because people used rocks to hit him in the face”.

The doctor, who declined to give his name, said Sareth was transported from his clinic to Calmette Hospital before his family decided to take him to Vietnam.
pedros

Postby hennessy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:26 pm

The chase – extended version
La colère des imbéciles remplit le monde
hennessy
I've got nothing better to do

Postby kansaicanuck » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Has it been confirmed at all how bad the first accident that started all this was? I mean not that there's ever any good reason to try and murder somebody with bricks to the head like savages over a traffic accident but by the sounds of it the first incident wasn't major was it?. Sure he should have stopped but damn it's stories like this that will just encourage/scare more people to run over minor incidents.
kansaicanuck
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby the chicken » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am

Saw this on my FB page. All went their peaceful way.

the chicken

Postby Kachang » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 am

Ethics
Kachang
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby Kachang » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 am

pedros wrote::stupid:

Khmer Times has a quite different story...

http://www.khmertimeskh.com/113659/police-seek-arrests-over-mob-beating-of-professor/

Keywords:

car, hit, seriously injured, flees, chased, more crashed while on the run....
Kachang
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby Seller » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 pm

epidemiks wrote:

He's Dean of the College of Arts and Humanities http://coahl.uc.edu.kh/uct-member-14

All the world is a stage and we are all actors. I hope he's well and wonder how this incident affects his views on humanity
Seller
I've got internet at work

Postby Miguelito » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:08 pm

There’s another video and photos here:

https://www.facebook.com/cambo.attack/posts/2017131351888932

It’s completely seems like one moto chased and followed and attacked him, and then others just joined in.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia in the News