Foreigner falls 5 floors in Soriya Mall

News articles related to Cambodia can be posted here, but remember to link back to the original source.

Re: Foreigner falls 5 floors in Soriya Mall

Postby andyinasia » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:02 pm

We don't yet know if he was a passing tourist, or someone who's been here a while and 'in a relationship'. There's more to come, IF the police can be bothered digging.
I came, I argued, I'm out
andyinasia
20,000 Posts; I need professional help !

Postby cambod » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Also, I'm less to believe it was a simple suicide based on his behavior before he "fell."

I don't think you're supposed to be smoking up there, but if you're about to jump you wouldn't be too concerned about that.
cambod
Twatflannel First Class

Postby Khmerized » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Witness testimony is the lowest form of evidence.
Especially in Cambodia.
Khmerized
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby keeping_it_riel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:09 pm

cambod wrote:I don't think you're supposed to be smoking up there, but if you're about to jump you wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Yup.
Twitter: Not my circus, not my monkeys - I sold #K440
keeping_it_riel
Requiescat In Pace

Postby OrangeDragon » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:19 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:
cambod wrote:I don't think you're supposed to be smoking up there, but if you're about to jump you wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Yup.

people do all the time though... no one enforces it.
Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.
Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
OrangeDragon
KeepingItScobienz

Postby Nasty Canasta » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:23 pm

Hard to believe that no one saw what happened. There is always someone looking at any foreigner who goes in there.
Nasty Canasta
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby TJP777 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:51 am

How tall was he? How high is the barrier? Perhaps, heart attack, reaches for the railing for support slumps forward and over balances tumbling 5 storeys to his death.

Just saying a lot of things could have happened.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”
― Christopher Hitchens
TJP777
I have some social problems

Postby Playboy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:18 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:

Yup.

Maybe it was the smoking ban that made him jump.
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby keeping_it_riel » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Playboy wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:

Yup.

Don't try a copycat leap out of the ground floor of Garage Bar. I doubt the effect will be quite so dramatic.
Twitter: Not my circus, not my monkeys - I sold #K440
keeping_it_riel
Requiescat In Pace

Postby Playboy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:18 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:
Playboy wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:

Yup.

Don't try a copycat leap out of the ground floor of Garage Bar. I doubt the effect will be quite so dramatic.

True, I have stumbled out of there often enough to know that their is little risk.
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby Petrol Head » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Playboy wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:
Playboy wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:

Yup.

True, I have stumbled out of there often enough to know that their is little risk.

Oh god. Must. Not. Kick. The. Hornet's Nest. Again.

:oops:
Petrol Head
Yangon Hipster

Postby porky pig » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:25 pm

http://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/57583.html

Thursday, 22nd November, 2012, 13:00 H

Phnom Penh: (After rehashing their previous article regarding this case, this article then goes on to append) ... A young man stated that he had seen the foreigner ascending the escalator to the fifth floor, but that near the top he had reached out to grab a star decoration, which caused him to lose his balance and topple over to the ground floor below where he met his instant death.

An official from the Daunh Penh District Office who had participated in the examination of the body of the Israeli national stated that he had found, after staking out the Soriya Shopping Mall for consecutive days from morning to night when it closed, that security stood sentry at all times by the escalators on each floor. When queried about the foreigner’s 5 floor plunge to his death, however, security personnel had claimed to know nothing about the event. An inquiry for the security camera had also been met with a rebuff. All these factors have raised the suspicions of the public who believe that the victim had been murdered by being pushed off the landing of the 5th floor. The official, nevertheless, expressed hope that police forensic experts would launch an investigation that would reveal the real cause of the man’s death, which they would undertake if they really wanted to get at the truth.

But a report filed by the local police authorities in collaboration with police experts has conjectured that the Israeli man, ‘TENNE BINJAMIN,’ had committed suicide by jumping from the 5th floor of the Soriya Shopping Mall, which resulted in fractures to his right arm and leg, and a serious fracture to his head that brought about his instantaneous death. After the police experts had completed their unusually cursory examination យ៉ាងប្រញាប់ប្រញាល់ខុសពីធម្មតារួច, the body was then transported by car to Wat Steung Mean Chey in Steung Mean Chey Commune, Daun Penh District.
porky pig
My Best Friend is my Computer

Postby Soi Dog » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:39 pm

I thought it strange that a guy who is apparently knowingly going to jump to his demise was wearing a surgical mask. A suicidal, smoking, germ-a-phobe?
Soi Dog
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby vladimir » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 pm

It's like when they kill someone by lethal injection, they clean the injection site first with surgical spirits...why?

So he doesn't get infected with something?

So the video is 'unavailable'. Perhaps it was 'accidentally erased'.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby cambod » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Soi Dog wrote:I thought it strange that a guy who is apparently knowingly going to jump to his demise was wearing a surgical mask. A suicidal, smoking, germ-a-phobe?

Probably because he know his picture would be on ALL the front pages...
cambod
Twatflannel First Class

PreviousNext

Return to Cambodia in the News