• Advertisement
Khmeradz

iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Post your buy and sell classified ads here for free, and on Khmer440's partner classified ad site designed expressly for the expat community, www.khmeradz.com

iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby phnompenhpawn » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:59 am

Any info on the best (but doubtless still outrageous) Cambodian price for an iphone X 256GB (should I be stupid enough to consider buying one here)?
Times they are a-changin'
User avatar
phnompenhpawn
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby YaTingPom » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 am

I've heard they are going to be $2k but luck finding one and especially a genuine one.

Was in Taipei (no bum guns FFS) and all sold out.
Oh long will old Ireland be seeking in vain
Ere we find a new leader to match the man slain.
User avatar
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist
 
Posts: 5236
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby Miguelito » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:12 am

I plan to order it to a friend in the U.S. that can bring it over. I'm sure it will be several months and an outrageous cost to purchase them here.
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby 0zirC » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:37 am

Image

The Shop is called Domrey Meas.
It's on the corner of Sihanouk Blvd. and St.284 and St. 199
There's a Canadia bank on the corner. Just before Olympic Stadium and Olympic Market.

Iphone X from Singapore
Fiberglass Statues, 3-D Figures/Figurines, Advertising Solutions, Interior Decorations. E-mail: [email protected]
User avatar
0zirC
K440 Defender of the Faith
 
Posts: 1267
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 am
Location: Cybertron

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby logos » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 am

Ballers :D
User avatar
logos
WankPoodle
 
Posts: 5814
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby GMJS-440 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:26 pm

Should I try to bring one from NY to Cambodia this weekend? I could make a fair profit?
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
User avatar
GMJS-440
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 am

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby GMJS-440 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:34 pm

http://angkormeas.com

Not enough profit to bother with it
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
User avatar
GMJS-440
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates
 
Posts: 2129
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:35 am

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby chkwoot » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:45 am

I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
User avatar
chkwoot
Bark plop plop bark woof woof
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm
Location: is everything

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby Miguelito » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:56 pm

iPhone X 256 gb, choice of two colors (black or white) - $1500 here.

What an upgrade. I'm still getting used to some of the features, and a few small differences do take getting used to. Some minor changes in the day-to-day operation which I've liked (such as an improvement with changing between keyboards making it easier).

I haven't really used the camera or video much yet, but it clearly produces a better outcome.

The facial recognition works way (leagues) better than I imagined it would -- even when I'm in bed in the dark my face will unlock it. It's not flawless, and sometimes you have to use the code (now 6 digit and not 4). Messages/notifications appear on the screen, but won't show content until you look at them.

It is much heavier, due to the glass back.

The battery! I know this won't stay/last like this forever, but Left home yesterday at 7 AM, and when I went to bed at 12 I was at 21%. Samsung users will laugh at this, but that's ridiculously good for an iPhone (with heavy data usage but not calling). My old phone would barely make it until lunchtime some days.

This certainly isn't a full review, and there are plenty of those out there from people with far greater knowledge than mine. It was time for me to upgrade, and as an iPhone user for the the last 8 years, this doesn't disappoint.

Oh yea, additionally, I can't believe how quickly Khmer recognize it as the new iPhone. It certainly gets comments.

Edit: Also, the animoji. Khmers are going to love those so much. Annoying it's only in iMessages. You can make one in iMessages and send it in Viber though. They should just let you send one anywhere. (It essentially becomes a talking gif of your facial movements controlling the animal's.)
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby YaTingPom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Here as in Cambodia?
$1500?!! :lol:

In a year you will have to upgrade it because, as you say, the battery will be fooked, and there will be a new model for Apple's sheep to buy. Iphone XS or something. That is a silly amount of money to spend on a phone you will bored with in a month, after you have dropped it a few times! :roll:

Don't get me wrong. I have had an Iphone 3, 3S, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S and a 6 and I've had two Ipod Nano plus I still have my 2009 Mac. So I am pretty much an Apple fanboi. However, $1500 is just bloody silly!

I tried to explain to someone who "hates" Iphones, but has never owned one, that Apple have created a lifestyle choice. People think it is cool to own an Iphone or Apple product. They liked to be seen with one, as you proved when people recognise your X model.
You don't get the same with any other brand of phone, mainly because the nearest competitor does not make Laptops, computers, tablets, MP4 players, watches and everything else that Apple sell!

They are way ahead.

I will never pay $1500 for a phone. But I am going to Singapore soon...
Edit. Singapore sells them for just under $1400, so still silly. The USA sells them for $1150. :catfight:
WTF is up with that? We are nearer China so they should be cheaper!

Also, you can pre-order at Smart for $1408 for the 256gb model.
Oh long will old Ireland be seeking in vain
Ere we find a new leader to match the man slain.
User avatar
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist
 
Posts: 5236
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby Miguelito » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:37 pm

YaTingPom wrote:Here as in Cambodia?
$1500?!! :lol:

In a year you will have to upgrade it because, as you say, the battery will be fooked, and there will be a new model for Apple's sheep to buy. Iphone XS or something. That is a silly amount of money to spend on a phone you will bored with in a month, after you have dropped it a few times! :roll:

Don't get me wrong. I have had an Iphone 3, 3S, 4, 4S, 5, 5C, 5S and a 6 and I've had two Ipod Nano plus I still have my 2009 Mac. So I am pretty much an Apple fanboi. However, $1500 is just bloody silly!

I tried to explain to someone who "hates" Iphones, but has never owned one, that Apple have created a lifestyle choice. People think it is cool to own an Iphone or Apple product. They liked to be seen with one, as you proved when people recognise your X model.
You don't get the same with any other brand of phone, mainly because the nearest competitor does not make Laptops, computers, tablets, MP4 players, watches and everything else that Apple sell!

They are way ahead.

I will never pay $1500 for a phone. But I am going to Singapore soon...
Edit. Singapore sells them for just under $1400, so still silly. The USA sells them for $1150. :catfight:
WTF is up with that? We are nearer China so they should be cheaper!

Also, you can pre-order at Smart for $1408 for the 256gb model.


I don't care if people see me with it or not; actually, I would rather that they don't so they won't want to steal it. I'm not an Apple nut, but I do certainly like the phones better than any other that I have seen and used. I like the interface and how user friendly they are.

Yes, I totally agree, $1500 is completely silly if you can get it for $1150 in the U.S. - no arguments there! But are these silly prices to pay for smart phones? Well that depends. They can certainly do a hell of a lot more than desktops and laptops that I used to buy for more money than that. This is my computer for most out of work purposes, my gps, my camera, my music player, my gaming console if I were a gamer, my newspaper, sometimes my TV, my wallet at times, etc.

Plus, this thing is always with me. It would suck to use something continually from the moment you woke up to the moment you went to bed if that something was a cause of frustration. Paying a premium to have a premium product that I am satisfied with is 100% worth the money.
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby Mèo Đen » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm

I Phone X at Sokly Phone $1320 (65gb version)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 $919
Samsung S8 $739

I would go for one of the Samsung models, Note 8 or S8+, excellent spec and good price. What does the i phone X give you over the Note 8 for the extra $400? TBH there is no way in hell I would buy an Apple :lol:
User avatar
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby DetroitMuscle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:57 am

Miguelito wrote:I plan to order it to a friend in the U.S. that can bring it over. I'm sure it will be several months and an outrageous cost to purchase them here.


You are making sure you order the international unlocked version to him and not the US version, yeah?
User avatar
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 am

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby DetroitMuscle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:00 am

Miguelito wrote:iPhone X 256 gb, choice of two colors (black or white) - $1500 here.

What an upgrade. I'm still getting used to some of the features, and a few small differences do take getting used to. Some minor changes in the day-to-day operation which I've liked (such as an improvement with changing between keyboards making it easier).

I haven't really used the camera or video much yet, but it clearly produces a better outcome.

The facial recognition works way (leagues) better than I imagined it would -- even when I'm in bed in the dark my face will unlock it. It's not flawless, and sometimes you have to use the code (now 6 digit and not 4). Messages/notifications appear on the screen, but won't show content until you look at them.

It is much heavier, due to the glass back.

The battery! I know this won't stay/last like this forever, but Left home yesterday at 7 AM, and when I went to bed at 12 I was at 21%. Samsung users will laugh at this, but that's ridiculously good for an iPhone (with heavy data usage but not calling). My old phone would barely make it until lunchtime some days.

This certainly isn't a full review, and there are plenty of those out there from people with far greater knowledge than mine. It was time for me to upgrade, and as an iPhone user for the the last 8 years, this doesn't disappoint.

Oh yea, additionally, I can't believe how quickly Khmer recognize it as the new iPhone. It certainly gets comments.

Edit: Also, the animoji. Khmers are going to love those so much. Annoying it's only in iMessages. You can make one in iMessages and send it in Viber though. They should just let you send one anywhere. (It essentially becomes a talking gif of your facial movements controlling the animal's.)



Jesus, 1.5k for a phone. Yikes. I don't get it with Apple. They seem to release their new phones flogging their new features but their new features were already in use by a lot of flagship Android phones.
User avatar
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 am

Re: iphone x 256GB in Cambodia?

Postby DetroitMuscle » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 am

Mèo Đen wrote:I Phone X at Sokly Phone $1320 (65gb version)
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 $919
Samsung S8 $739

I would go for one of the Samsung models, Note 8 or S8+, excellent spec and good price. What does the i phone X give you over the Note 8 for the extra $400? TBH there is no way in hell I would buy an Apple :lol:



For the price of the new iPhone X, you could buy a brand new Galaxy S8+ and a brand new Samsung Tab S3 tablet.
User avatar
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 4814
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 am

Next

Return to Buy and Sell




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PSD_Kiwi and 27 guests