• Advertisement
Karcher

Decent primary school in Takmau?

Discussion room for teachers in Cambodia and beyond. The place to exchange your ideas and views on TEFLs, schools, salaries and the working world. Non-teachers welcome.

Decent primary school in Takmau?

Postby LoneStar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:10 am

Hello all,

My wife and I have recently moved out to Takmau full time. My 6 year old was attending Golden Gate on St. 178 in Phnom Penh and we were extremely satisfied with the school. He studied for half a day in English and half a day in Chinese. In addition to being an English school, he had a full curriculum with math, social studies, etc.

I have had a look at half a dozen schools in Takmau and they all seem about the same. They are about a fifth of the price, offer instruction only in Khmer, with some English taught by non native speakers....and no real study of other subjects.

There is a very large Chinese school in Takmau, so as of now we figure he and his 4 year old brother can study half a day at a Khmer school, and half a day at the Chinese school for a year or two until a better option becomes available.

Does anyone know of a better option in Takmau that I am not familiar with?

Thanks.
LoneStar
I do not pay my bills

Re: Decent primary school in Takmau?

Postby Gilmore » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:19 am

ISPP is relatively close to Takhmao, but fees for your kids are about $12,000-14,000 p.a. respectively. BISPP, offering the Cambridge International Curriculum, with optional Khmer and Chinese studies, will be moving to a new campus at nearby Prek Eng in the near future-construction is almost complete. Fees are about half of ISPP-$6-7000 p.a.for kids that age.
Gilmore
I have some social problems

Re: Decent primary school in Takmau?

Postby LoneStar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:21 am

Thanks Gilmore,

ISPP is way out of my price range. BISPP is within my budget. I think in the very near future....there will me many more schools in Takmau.
LoneStar
I do not pay my bills

Return to The Staff Room