Dress Code

Discussion room for teachers in Cambodia and beyond. The place to exchange your ideas and views on TEFLs, schools, salaries and the working world. Non-teachers welcome.

Dress Code

Postby Green Machine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:54 am

Hi Everyone,

I'll be arriving in PP this week and I'm trying to condense my worldly possessions into 30kg for the flight.

Although I'm hoping to work exclusively online, I may need to find legitimate teaching work. I have previously worked for a couple of years in Thai High School, where the dress code was quite strict. Therefore, I'm wondering how formal the teaching attire is in a state school in LOW. I don't want to pack a load of shirts and formal trousers unless they're absolutely necessary.

Also, in Thailand, there were quite a lot of cram schools. They were far more informal and gave opportunities to teach small groups of students for 3 or 4 hours each evening. Do places like that exist in Cambodia? Is it easy to find employment? (FYI - I'm a 50 year old Brit with a couple of years classroom experience, a bachelors degree and TEFL qualified.)
Green Machine
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Dress Code

Postby logos » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:29 am

So what happened, you got kicked out of Thailand?
logos
WankPoodle

Postby Lucky Lucan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Green Machine wrote: I'm wondering how formal the teaching attire is in a state school in LOW.

What's LOW? If you're talking about state schools here they don't employ foreigners.
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby violet » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:04 pm

Typo for KOW
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby dan1el » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:13 pm

Is cram schools a typo for crap schools ?
dan1el
I've got nothing better to do

Return to The Staff Room