"My daddy fight me..." - anything we can do?

Discussion room for teachers in Cambodia and beyond. The place to exchange your ideas and views on TEFLs, schools, salaries and the working world. Non-teachers welcome.

"My daddy fight me..." - anything we can do?

Postby seidier » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:43 pm

Does anyone here work for a school that has some kind of policy in place for protecting...or at least addressing...violence committed against children at home? I've had a number of suspected domestic abuse cases so far this year, which I immediately reported up the ladder where they seemingly went nowhere. My heart absolutely breaks for these kids and I have no idea what to do. There's no Child Protective Services to call, obviously, and the administration does not seem too keen on sticking their necks out. :-(
seidier
I've got nothing better to do

Re: "My daddy fight me..." - anything we can do?

Postby kansaicanuck » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:58 pm

Was driving around yesterday and seen an old lady with a nasty look walking down the small road we were on with a length of bamboo in her hand. There were some dogs around and I said "oh she must be carrying that to protect herself from the dogs" My girl said "nah, shes probably going to whip her grandchild or some child with it" I've heard some kids take what sound like awful whippings... What can one do here? I don't even know who to call about the asshole who's brought a bunch of noisy roosters into the block that cockadoodledoo at volume 11 all fucking day.
kansaicanuck
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:21 pm

A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby sociopath » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:10 am

"anything we can do?"
yes of course, go back to your lodging, pack your bags and leave the country, then everyone will be happyImage
no replying to those who misinterpret/misread what i write. this aint kindergarten
sociopath
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby gavinmac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:15 am

sociopath wrote:"anything we can do?"
yes of course, go back to your lodging, pack your bags and leave the country, then everyone will be happyImage

Sociopath has really gone local. He shops only in the dirtiest markets and turns a blind eye to the abuse of children.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby gavinmac » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:59 am

sociopath wrote:i have pointed this out before, cambodian culture has survived without NGO/ western holier than thou intervention for centuries.

survived? It's one of the most impoverished countries in the world, with low life expectancies and a large percentage of people living in misery (not just the expats)
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Phuket2006 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:52 am

gavinmac wrote:
sociopath wrote:i have pointed this out before, cambodian culture has survived without NGO/ western holier than thou intervention for centuries.

survived? It's one of the most impoverished countries in the world, with low life expectancies and a large percentage of people living in misery (not just the expats)

Cambodia has truly survived, but that's all it has done
Of all SE Asian countries i have visited, it has the most visible poverty, most beggars and street children.Plus biggest separation between those that have and those that have not. Whatever you may say, things are not working in Cambodia for the lower class
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
The Internet is my Friend

Postby linus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 am

Don't be pussy buy the baseball wood and put on his knee
linus
5 minutes to kill

Postby DF » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:53 am

gavinmac wrote:

Sounds like the US, a good handfull of European countries and a whole host of other western nations. We should feel at home at least!
Last edited by DF on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
DF
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby Negan Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:25 am

gavinmac wrote:
sociopath wrote:"anything we can do?"

Sociopath has really gone local. He shops only in the dirtiest markets and turns a blind eye to the abuse of children.

what are you talking about in many countries parents allowed to use reasonable chastisement. why only the other day I saw an American beat his daughter with a belt and then shave her hair for all to see. how do you know the kid didn't deserve it for example doing something very terrible which needed that form of correction. PS I bet you represented some really disgusting people in your time and they paid you like a prostitute.
Negan Jones
Hoff FanBoy

Postby logos » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:50 am

Are sociopath and negan Jones the same retard ? They both sound like a nasty version of the chicken.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

logos wrote:Are sociopath and negan Jones the same retard ? They both sound like a nasty version of the chicken.

I wondered the same...NJ and sociopath bear similar traits.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Re:

Postby Negan Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:57 am

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:
logos wrote:Are sociopath and negan Jones the same retard ? They both sound like a nasty version of the chicken.

yeah whatever you say Captain bones
Negan Jones
Hoff FanBoy

Postby Negan Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 am

you ready are stupid aren't you, the person above my comment noted that this happens in Europe and America and it's sanctioned in law.I have never hit a child or a woman.
Negan Jones
Hoff FanBoy

Re: Re:

Postby Negan Jones » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:04 am

Negan Jones wrote:
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:

yeah whatever you say Captain bonez has anyone else noticed how Captain bonez doesn't post anymore and now smelly fart is posting exactly the same way that bonez posted when he first came to the Forum trying to be nice I'm dropping his smart ass Captain Bones persona
Negan Jones
Hoff FanBoy

Next

Return to The Staff Room