Gyms / Exercise

A heavily-moderated forum containing essential information on various aspects of Cambodia. Only moderators can create threads, but all users can post. Questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers forum.

Re: Gyms / Exercise

Postby nobody » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:44 pm

]http://www.prokout.com is a new gym just behind aeon mall, have weights, kettlebells, cross fit, kun Khmer, bjj, mma boxing zumba etc. Went last night not totally up and running yet as it's brand new build, seems pretty good though.

That's more pricey than the place and it doesn't have a pool. the place is $150 a month isn't it, the platinum package at prokout is only $ 89 either I'm missing something or you maths is wonky

this place (prokout) is very expensive try to be 5 start Gym, the trainer really good, no doubt but the owner is Malaka, he wont give u a discount even if u come in a group. well this place is only for "high class" and most of them are foreigner,good for them, pay 89$ a month 5 days a week, no drinking water and they can even keep toilet paper in stock, and they bottle water or any drink they have double to triple price, fitness first, gold or celebrity fitness they all offer much more for much less. pity the only one in Cambodia, i cant wait for fitness first or any good gym with better services to put them out of business.
nobody
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby Xenon Osher » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:07 am

Hi guys, do you know where i can get Ninjutsu or Karate class ? With many girls?
Xenon Osher

Postby Felgerkarb » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 am

Xenon Osher wrote:Hi guys, do you know where i can get Ninjutsu or Karate class ? With many girls?

Do a google search for the local clubs. There are many groups practicing at Olympic Stadium, most styles.

As for girls, a fair mix of them in all classes....more so than you would find in western dojos.
====================
Why are the gods such vicious cunts?
Where is the god of tits and wine?
Felgerkarb
Sir Felgerkarb, Kt Pb

Location: Castle Felgerkarb, Felgerkarbia (Formerly Preah Vihear)

Postby 0zirC » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:24 am

Bellevue apartments Gym- small, basic facilities, one machine, nice pool. Air con.

Silvertown apartments Gym- small, basic facilities, 2 resistance machines, small bench, nice pool. Air con.

Bali apartments Gym- Spacious, 1 resistance machine, awesome pool. Air con.

Ming hour st.163- medium size, a few machines, small selection of weights, big pool. Air con.

Ben's gym toul kork- basic facilities, heavy weights. $4 gets you sauna,steam, Jacuzzi, gym with aircon.

Samrach gym- homemade resistance machines, mostly homemade benches and bars. Good for improving experience with exercise equipment. 1,500riel for one time.

King Kong gym- always busy. mixed of homemade and imported machines and weights. 2,500riel (maybe more in 2016?) For one time.
Share and Like What You See at https://www.facebook.com/konkampuchea
0zirC
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby AceFrehley » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:15 pm

General question for anyone:

Do gyms in Cambodia generally have showers and lockers?
If you wanna live life on your own terms, you gotta be willing to crash and burn."
--- Motley Crue, Primal Scream
AceFrehley
5 minutes to kill

Postby violet » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:24 am

The larger western style ones do. No idea about the others
Few words have made me weep more than learning of, and understanding, these:
When you go home, tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, we gave our today.
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:29 pm

Walter White wrote:
mrdome wrote:Paddy's Gym relocated to Number 63 Street 294 (next door to Mt Everest) in Boeung Keng Kang district. Website now says:

"It's boxing and kickboxing only. The weight room is gone."

Too bad, I liked the old Paddy's in all it's non-airconditioned glory and where else in the world are you going to have the moto freelance taxi driver that took you there join you for a session in the gym and give you tips.

Walked past there today and all I could see was a small room with a heavy bag and a couple of rusty, 4 kilo dumbbells.

just updating this, Paddys gym is now closed, both his PP and SR boxing gyms have closed, the one in SR has since reopened and run by a Khmer guy
Paddy is now taking classes in Pattaya

Paddys used to be my favourite place to train a few years ago, nothing has been able to replace it for me
at $6 for the night with multiple trainers to take you on the pads and some up for sparring was the best value for money around too
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
Jamie_Lambo
Meus Mens est 440

Postby lhthe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:59 am

Paddy's has been relocated to st. 294, next to Mount Everest restaurant.
lhthe

Location: 8/56 Mỹ Phước Tân Vạn KP. Bình Thuận 1, P. Thuận Giao Tx. Thuận An Bình Dương 590000

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:02 pm

lhthe wrote:Paddy's has been relocated to st. 294, next to Mount Everest restaurant.

when was the last time you went there?
the one down 294 closed the other year, whether its reopened or not i dont know as i stopped going, its not Paddys gym anymore, im friends with paddy
He relocated from there and opend up a fitness gym in town somewhere but he gave up on that and moved to Pattaya
hes now doing PT at Sitpholek Gym in Pattaya
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
Jamie_Lambo
Meus Mens est 440

Previous

Return to Essential Information