Mobile phone service

A heavily-moderated forum containing essential information on various aspects of Cambodia. Only moderators can create threads, but all users can post. Questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers forum.

Re: Mobile phone service

Postby Ericrunner » Sun May 03, 2015 11:55 pm

Omg just got done reading this thread ! In Canada im paying 65$/month for my cell phone :thumbsdown:

I have an iphone 5 i guess i just need to buy a sim card and throw it in my phone ?
Ericrunner
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby PenhMan » Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 am

Ericrunner wrote:Omg just got done reading this thread ! In Canada im paying 65$/month for my cell phone :thumbsdown:

I have an iphone 5 i guess i just need to buy a sim card and throw it in my phone ?

Yes. Of course, you will have to get a nano-SIM. If using Mobitel (Cellcard), they have to activate the data link (simple ID and password) so you can check emails and web pages.

However, recently Cellcard seems to be getting greedy. To keep a number alive, you have to pump $5 into your account per day for each month you want it to stay alive. Used to be if you were a moderate user, your number would be good for up to a year.

BTW, the earlier posts you read are years old and will likely outdated.
"We want our country to develop step by step. But that is such a long way off . . . as far away as the stars."
Jobless father in documentary Cambodia: Country of Scars.
PenhMan
I need professional help

Postby Ryan_Stevens » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Why my mobile internet didn't work? It showing 4G but internet didn't work?
Ryan_Stevens
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby chkwoot » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm

Ryan_Stevens wrote:Why my mobile internet didn't work? It showing 4G but internet didn't work?

Maybe ghosts?
chkwoot
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Previous

Return to Essential Information