Banks & ATMs

A heavily-moderated forum containing essential information on various aspects of Cambodia. Only moderators can create threads, but all users can post. Questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers forum.

Re: Banks & ATMs

Postby paulellender » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Can anyone please help me... I sent an email to [email protected] as I was seeking some information on some AMK bank products but the email bounced... does anyone know who I can email for this information? Essentially I was after information on one of their term deposit accounts that will allow me to withdraw monthly interest amounts.
Thank you.
paulellender
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby andyinasia » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Here's a heads-up for ACLEDA.

I'm an utterly lazy bastard, me - so I'm very impressed with their new policy.

I wanted to close down my riel account and open a dollar account, and more importantly, I've decided it's time to get my shit together and get a credit card. By I really didn't fancy getting stuck in rush-hour traffic (my only free time), associated parking problems and waiting in a queue for hours.

No problem, ACLEDA come to you. They came to the apartment, sorted out the paperwork and closed and opened our account. When the credit card and ATM cards are ready, they'll deliver them to our door. Nice one! :thumbsup:
I came, I argued, I'm out
andyinasia
20,000 Posts; I need professional help !

Postby infinitus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:26 pm

I was very happy with Union Commercial Bank's modest $3 ATM fee for taking my money out. They have yellow ATM booths. Only downside was I was only able to take out about $800 instead of the $1000 I initially wanted
infinitus
I live above an internet cafe

Postby vladimir » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:49 am

infinitus wrote:I was very happy with Union Commercial Bank's modest $3 ATM fee for taking my money out. They have yellow ATM booths. Only downside was I was only able to take out about $800 instead of the $1000 I initially wanted

I get $1000 for free, payroll package from ANZ
Last edited by vladimir on Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless you believe that the future can be better, it's unlikely you will step up and take responsibility for making it so. If you assume that there's no hope, you guarantee that there will be no hope. -Noam Chomsky
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby Bosco » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:58 am

andyinasia wrote:Here's a heads-up for ACLEDA.

I'm an utterly lazy bastard, me - so I'm very impressed with their new policy.

I wanted to close down my riel account and open a dollar account, and more importantly, I've decided it's time to get my shit together and get a credit card. By I really didn't fancy getting stuck in rush-hour traffic (my only free time), associated parking problems and waiting in a queue for hours.

No problem, ACLEDA come to you. They came to the apartment, sorted out the paperwork and closed and opened our account. When the credit card and ATM cards are ready, they'll deliver them to our door. Nice one! :thumbsup:

I'm not sure I like the sound of that unless it's for a very select number of customers. If it's done en masse it seems wide open to abuse to me.
Bosco
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby andyinasia » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

Well, I'm extremely select, and the staffer is my wife's cousin. Nevertheless ...
I came, I argued, I'm out
andyinasia
20,000 Posts; I need professional help !

Postby MI855 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:24 am

Hi,

Does anyone got experience with Campu Bank credit card? They got Internet portal to check the statement or something?

Thanks.
MI855

Postby greengorilla » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Any ideas on getting Aussie dollars into USD as cheaply as possible and avoiding all the fees with travel cards?

My usual experience with khmer ATM's is shock and outrage at the requested $7-$15 fee to use the ATM, and Canadia had a really irritating $200 withdrawal limit to clock up the fees( never got any fee free usage). The yellow UCB atm's are the only ones that seem reasonable, the FTB atms supposedly being fee free, but never working for me
greengorilla

Postby shizzle » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:15 am

I've been using my Canadia ATM card overseas a bit. The limit is US$800/day, but because most ATMs charge fees (typically US$3), you can only withdraw US$780. Canadia charges US$5 per withdrawal overseas. So, withdrawing US$780 usually results in your account being debited US$788.
shizzle
440 Wind Overload

Postby paulhen » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Canadia bank free ATM withdrawls as of a few days ago but for int'l cards limit is $150 and amazing in that they charge $2 for any teller cash withdrawl, even at your home branch. Absurd. They will not honor my ATM card from Canada which is part of PLUS and CIRRUS. And you cannot expect responses from senior staff as I tried.

SBC will allow an $800 withdrawal but as of last week, charged $4.
paulhen
5 minutes to kill

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:42 am

paulhen wrote:Canadia bank free ATM withdrawls as of a few days ago but for int'l cards limit is $150

Today I withdrew $950 from my Australian Visa Debit Card, in 2 separate transactions, at a Canadia ATM. Iguess it depends on thetype ofcard you are using. I can alsowithdraw up to $1000 per day from my Dubai visa debit card.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby MI855 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Anyone know how to get a Maestro debit card from the local bank here?
MI855

Postby Spigzy » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:46 pm

MI855 wrote:Anyone know how to get a Maestro debit card from the local bank here?

ABA have one as far as I know.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby dtomas » Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Are there any banks that don't charge for ATM withdraws?
dtomas

Postby TristranandIsolde » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Canadia Bank has restored use of their ATMs for NO CHARGE on their side, only your bank's fees.

Even with MC, which was limited to $150 for a while there. Up to $400 on MC, AFAIK, and much more for use with Visas.
Fool's folly is following another fool.
- The Grand Jester

Caution: all of my posts are to be taken with a grain of salt, heroin, and Everclear. Then you can reply back to us.
TristranandIsolde
RicePikey

PreviousNext

Return to Essential Information