Cambodia Visas

A heavily-moderated forum containing essential information on various aspects of Cambodia. Only moderators can create threads, but all users can post. Questions should be asked in the Questions and Answers forum.

Re: Cambodia Visas

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am

A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby sounds_never_seen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:51 am

Does a 3-month single entry visa that I get in PP allow me to leave and come back to Cambodia once?
sounds_never_seen
I live above an internet cafe

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am

sounds_never_seen wrote:Does a 3-month single entry visa that I get in PP allow me to leave and come back to Cambodia once?

Single entry means just that...the initial entry was your single entry. If you want to enter/exit the country without purchasing a new VOA you require either a 6 or 12 mth EOS which are MEEV's, if you exit on a single entry EOS you will be required to purchase on new visa on arrival.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi

Postby sounds_never_seen » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:05 pm

I thought there might have been no 'entry' as I already stay in the country and just extend my previous 6-month visa.

So if I want to leave and come back I need at least a 6-month visa, nice.
sounds_never_seen

Postby Lucky Lucan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:18 pm

sounds_never_seen wrote:I thought there might have been no 'entry' as I already stay in the country and just extend my previous 6-month visa.

So if I want to leave and come back I need at least a 6-month visa, nice.

You can't get 3/6 month visas, these are visa extensions.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby vladimir » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Lucky Lucan wrote:
racontuer wrote:Is Lucky Lucky Motorcycle as stated on page one the Agency of choice to do a visa extension, or is their a better more current agency I should seek?... Mine is an ordinary visa I will extend for 6 months.....

I haven't had to use them for a long time but they were always very reliable for the first few years I was here.

Still good.
“A nation is jolted by a revealing dress at a festival but is not infuriated by a million children sleeping rough and scavenging in trash bins for food,” Egyptian opinion writer Khaled Montaser
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:38 pm

walkjivefly wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote:^ that is correct, kind of ridiculous, but true.

BtW, I just got a 12 month extension of stay for only $170...the official price!

How, where, and how long did it take?

Was it a pain in the arse going to the immigration department or relatively easy? Also, any supporting docs needed?

Also, wait time?

Thanks
ReasonstobefearfulP3

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:45 pm

As mentioned in previous post, 3 days.

No supporting docs required. Wasn't a pain in the ass although they were trying to charge the same price as agencies, thankfully the missus was with me and she argued the point.
PSD_Kiwi

Postby Dahon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi!

Going to Cambodia in a few weeks for a two week vacation (first visit ever). Is it Ok to just board the
flight to PP and then you get some form to fill in during the flight and then You pay at the immigration
counter and You get in? Or any tips for a first time visitor? I have got $300 in small notes incl $1 notes
to pay since I read that a common trick is "to have no change". It will be me, my wife and our toddler
so I guess 3x$30 for 1-month single entry tourist visas? Our passports are valid for more than 6 months
after leaving Cambodia and we are all EU citizens.

Anything I've forgot? I will have a hotel booking for the first nights if that is requested at immigration.

Is there any benefit of applying for the eVisa or is it just as easy to get a visa at the airport?
Cambodia - tickets booked, moved on to mission planning DONE
Mission completed, reported to Col Braddock. DONE
Now ranting about the experience ONGOING
Dahon

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 pm

^ Spot on. Just get your VOA, e-Visa (electronic T-type) is more expensive than getting a T-type VOA, the only benefits are that you will not have an entire passport page taken up by a full page visa and you won't have to wait in line to receive the VOA.
PSD_Kiwi

Postby Lucky Lucan » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:46 pm

Dahon wrote:
Anything I've forgot?

Bring some passport photos, they'll want one at immigration. They don't have to be passport quality, you can just get a whole tiled sheet of passport-style photos printed and cut them out. You might more of them for other stuff too, like later visa extensions. They will often let you pay if you don't have any, but I've heard this charge has gone up from $1-$3 to as high as $10, so just bring some.

I will have a hotel booking for the first nights if that is requested at immigration.

I don't think that's an issue here, it can be in Thailand but you can just fill in the name of any hotel.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby gavinmac » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:48 pm

Do you need directions from your house to your home airport?
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby claptrap1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:05 pm

I posted this question in the facebook but thought to try my luck here as well: my last year's 12 month visa extension was marked as "single entry", which has never been the case before. I wonder if there is an option on the form to choose single or multiple entry and the agent has gone and ticked the "single" one without asking me? Or what other reasons could there be? :-? I don't intend to go out of the country but sometimes things happen outside my control, like having to go to my mother's funeral (my father's could be soon) or a hospital visit etc: I certainly don't want to pay for another 12 month extension if the current visa has still months left on it!
claptrap1
I've got internet at work

Postby russianspy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Hello and Greeting all

I have read and re read this thread and I cannot really find the answer to what kind of Visa class would someone be under if they worked online and wanted to stay for a long term , say a year at most ? Really self employed person who worked online.

Many Thanks

RS
russianspy
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:56 pm

russianspy wrote:Hello and Greeting all

I have read and re read this thread and I cannot really find the answer to what kind of Visa class would someone be under if they worked online and wanted to stay for a long term , say a year at most ? Really self employed person who worked online.

Many Thanks

RS

Without registering a company here there currently isn't one (AFAIK)

Get E Visa (1 month)
- extend with EG "looking for work" (6 months)
Hope they have sorted out the rules by then for people who work online
ReasonstobefearfulP3

PreviousNext

Return to Essential Information