Anyone know a Khmer tutor in Siem Reap?

Discussions / Q&A on all areas of the Khmer language.

Anyone know a Khmer tutor in Siem Reap?

Postby trainsandcups » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Hey y'all,

Anyone know any Khmer tutors in Siem Reap looking for work who can be reached by means other than Facebook (I don't have an account)? I reached out to http://sophoanpin.com/ but never heard anything back.
User avatar
trainsandcups
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 am

Re: Anyone know a Khmer tutor in Siem Reap?

Postby merchantsmutual » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

I have had two teachers. One got married and is basically no longer in the game (ostensibly). My other teacher is based in PP but you can learn by skype. I am happy to PM details.

I think Skype lessons are not a bad idea even if you are based in Cambodia for two reasons: (1) it is much easier to get around to doing it and not cancelling when it literally just involves logging into your Skype account at any given time; and (2) logistics in Cambodia appear to be messy in terms of crosstown traffic, et al.

My other advice for a n00b is get a Khmer girlfriend ASAP. It is a very difficult language to learn on your own without tons of reinforcement. I study religiously and the more I learn, the more I feel hopeless.
merchantsmutual
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: Anyone know a Khmer tutor in Siem Reap?

Postby trainsandcups » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:52 pm

merchantsmutual wrote:I have had two teachers. One got married and is basically no longer in the game (ostensibly). My other teacher is based in PP but you can learn by skype. I am happy to PM details.


Nice Skype could work. I want to wait to see if I can find someone for in-person lessons first because I prefer to interact with people in person, but if I can't I will PM you and ask for the info. Thanks so much!

merchantsmutual wrote:My other advice for a n00b is get a Khmer girlfriend ASAP. It is a very difficult language to learn on your own without tons of reinforcement. I study religiously and the more I learn, the more I feel hopeless.


Oh man that's tough lol. That's a really great idea but I also love the bachelor life.
User avatar
trainsandcups
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 am

Postby Playboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:29 am

^ No worries there, Khmer girlfriends - or Long Hair Dictionaries as they are also known - can be rented for short periods of time, so you can have one and still retain your bachelor status at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
User avatar
Playboy
440 Member in Exile
 
Posts: 21547
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:30 pm
Location: Hotel K: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re:

Postby Miguelito » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Playboy wrote:^ No worries there, Khmer girlfriends - or Long Hair Dictionaries as they are also known - can be rented for short periods of time, so you can have one and still retain your bachelor status at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk


It's more like a library system than purchasing from a bookstore, right?
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill


Return to Khmer Language




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 20 guests