Starbucks to open this year

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Starbucks to open this year

Postby LexusSchmexus » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm

1/3 full? Have you ever been on a weekend? They're at 90%+ throughout the whole afternoon. Then again, so are many other coffee shops, but that's mainly because of the growing coffee trend here, but let's face it, it's not like there are so many things to do in town, especially for the high number of teens.
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Re: Starbucks to open this year

Postby TristranandIsolde » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 am

I beg pardon, you're quite right. Might've taken the place of a soda shop for a refreshing sarsaparilla, like in the old days.

Edwardo, nothing to say, or is your mouth full of left testicle?
Fool's folly is following another fool.
- The Grand Jester

Caution: all of my posts are to be taken with a grain of salt, heroin, and Everclear. Then you can reply back to us.
TristranandIsolde
RicePikey

Postby GMJS-440 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

Those Browns in BKK right across the street from each other are a damned traffic nightmare. Seem to be 150% capacity at all times.
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
GMJS-440
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Postby TristranandIsolde » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 am

I just had to quote the left testicle comment for Edwardo:

LexusSchmexus wrote:Not necessarily, but they obviously have a very different business approach and I'd be willing to bet my left testicle that at this moment, they're [the massive Amazon network] making way more money than Starbucks.

Might make for an interesting K440 meetup, haha.

Just kidding, haha.
- The Grand Jester

Caution: all of my posts are to be taken with a grain of salt, heroin, and Everclear. Then you can reply back to us.
TristranandIsolde
RicePikey

Postby oldmariner » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Starbuck's is great. They have everyone believing that , bitter, over-roasted, overpriced coffee is good. Had a friend a number of years ago that was a coffee buyer for Starbucks. He said he bought the cheapest Robusta beans he could find because he knew they were going to be over-raosted and it didn't matter. BTW/ In 1971 I worked in the building that housed the first Starbucks (Seattle Washington, Pike Place Market.) 20/20 hindsight. Wish I had given the owner some money for a percentage of the business as nobody thought he would make it a profitable business. He did hire only good looking girls to work there.
oldmariner
5 minutes to kill

Postby TristranandIsolde » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:24 pm

Uh, my post?

I posted something like,

"Really? A successful business 'only hired good looking girls' and became a world conglomerate? ;)

Product aside, Starbucks has a good employee benefits plan.

New meaning to 'employee with benefits'!"

Was that too Harvey Weinstein for this site right now?
- The Grand Jester

TristranandIsolde
RicePikey

Postby offshoresports » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:34 am

I was pleasantly surprised with the Starbucks BKK Flagship, it was well run, clean and really beautiful designed.
offshoresports
I live above an internet cafe

Postby 104 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:10 am

"Starfucks", coffee and a good roasting, could be a new venture for YoungWill
I have some social problems

Postby Euro Skank » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:04 am

offshoresports wrote:I was pleasantly surprised with the Starbucks BKK Flagship, it was well run, clean and really beautiful designed.

Yeah, it's really nice. It's one of their Reserve stores too so does their premium line of coffees. I doubt you'll find cheaper Reserve coffees on the planet.
Euro Skank
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby Miguelito » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:14 am

Euro Skank wrote:
offshoresports wrote:I was pleasantly surprised with the Starbucks BKK Flagship, it was well run, clean and really beautiful designed.

Yeah, it's really nice. It's one of their Reserve stores too so does their premium line of coffees. I doubt you'll find cheaper Reserve coffees on the planet.

The place is huge, with that whole second floor. Wasn't expecting that.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Previous

Return to Lifestyle