Restaurant Reviews

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Re: Restaurant Reviews

Postby Marinaris » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:33 pm

Chez Tonton ? :pissed:
Marinaris
I've got internet at work

Postby pedros » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:11 pm

tombraider wrote:
violet wrote:Named above Cafe ApCha.

Considering it's the only place in town offering an extensive menu of popular Greek foods it's worthy of support imho.

I have been before, and am going again to gain an overall opinion of what is on offer now they have had time to settle into their menu.

Yes I've been a couple of times I think it's fairly good food although it is only chicken and pork a lamb option would be nice and the lady who owns it with her Greek husband is very nice. The gyros are good.

I went there today, the gyros and mousakka were both really good. I wouldn't say the the owner is a proper Stavros though, he's of that lineage, but definitely a London town kinda geeza.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Stokely C » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:31 pm

pedros wrote:I went there today, the gyros and mousakka were both really good. I wouldn't say the the owner is a proper Stavros though, he's of that lineage, but definitely a London town kinda geeza.

Are you saying the owners nationality is his Achilles heel?
Stokely C
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby logos » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:45 am

Stokely C wrote:
pedros wrote:I went there today, the gyros and mousakka were both really good. I wouldn't say the the owner is a proper Stavros though, he's of that lineage, but definitely a London town kinda geeza.

Are you saying the owners nationality is his Achilles heel?

There's no denying it must have been a culinary Odyssey.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby Miguelito » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:18 pm

Tonight Apcha posted:

“Tomorrow is our last day on street 258 ,before we move to TTP so please come to support us, see us off and enjoy our food for the last time until we open again about 1st August 2018.
The new place will be number 96, 454 street, Toul Tong Poung - one street down from the Russian market - blue door next to a big apartment block.”
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby kansaicanuck » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 am

tombraider wrote:
Alexandra wrote:How is the ApCha parking?

Yes not great it's opposite Lazy Gecko so you can imagine - street packed full of tuk tuks and a few SUV's. You can however park down in the Pencil Car park on the next street.

Another great cheap place is the Salmon House on 266, their $2.50 weekday lunch special is hard to beat for value. 6 or 7 different salmon based dishes to pick from and an unlimited salad bar.

https://www.facebook.com/thesalmonhousephnompenh/

It may be uncouth to tell someone what to eat or not but I would recommend not touching any of this "salmon" coming from Norway. It fucking gross. Take a couple mins to read about Norwegian farmed salmon and then look at this picture.... from the Salmon Houses own website. :barf:

A lot of these fish are filled with parasites, coated in sea lice from the pens and they are fed with chemicals added to their food to make it orange (even though salmon should be a dark red color) These fish are filled with white blotches and fat lines which collect all the bad shit. Wild real salmon looks nothing like this crap. Just say no dude... Image
kansaicanuck
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby oldmariner » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:03 pm

Sihanoukville- Missing Monkey (Monkey Mark's) Massive juicy steaks. Hidden gem! Hard to find, well worth it. Great blues music and a tranquility/eye-of-the hurricane in the Chinese shit-storm that has taken over Sihanoukville (Now ChinaVile)
oldmariner
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Spigzy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 am

kansaicanuck wrote: :barf:

That looks rank :barf: :barf: :barf:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy