Paddy Rice

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

Re: Paddy Rice

Postby What Your Name? » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:09 am

BillyB wrote:
What Your Name? wrote:washed down with the odd San Mig Light.

San Mig light always tastes odd,

Paddy Rice sell Hofbrau dark, a far better beer. :thumbsup:

Just add a little lime, tastes great then.
What Your Name?
My Only Friend is my Computer

Postby Mitch Harris » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:11 pm

TheRaven wrote:Back in the US, I wouldn't even care if the staff were dudes or female. But the vast majority of young Khmer dudes are basically retarded and have no concept of guest service and should never be hired for any position involving interaction with customers

Fixed that for ya

Smelly Male Staff
---------------------
I went for lunch at the Fish and Co in Aeon a few days ago, and a male waiter brought over the food along with a foul stench of body odor. It was absolutely disgusting! Some of the guys working at Lucky supermarket are in need of a good scrub too, even the guys refilling the deodorants are stinky as hell.
So my question is, what would you do? Would you ignore it and not dine there again, speak to the manager, or tell them straight?

Not missing the 12 hours shifts at Alcoa, Massena, NY.
Mitch Harris
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Mitch Harris » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:27 pm

Mitch Harris
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Playboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:52 am

So a couple of days ago I heard a rumour that Paddy Rice had closed.

Doors shuttered, furniture being taken out, et cetera.

This morning, as I was in town anyway, I took a slow drive along the riverfront and sure enough all was shuttered up, except for a small doorway in the middle, from which several Khmer workmen seemed to be meandering in and out and generally looking shifty and workshy.

Guess another one bites the dust.

(Photo: circa 2010) Image
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby slavedog » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Four or five extra Riverside parking spaces, great news.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk
slavedog
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Postby patcan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Had a chat with the former Englishman manager while the place was being cleared out. 18 months of losses, worst in the 10 years he has bern there. A 14-storey building is going up there, and 5 more curved buildings across the river, being built by Sokha or some company like that. They have hotels here and in Siem Riep. A lot more places to be shuttering this year apparently.
I always kind of liked Paddy Rice, especially Saturday football and rugby nights. The 1/2 brekky was good ....Never ate anything else there. The guys behind the bar were excellent but the waitresses were usually lousy. The former manager is taking a few months off and might decide on another bar/restaurant.
patcan
I've got internet at work

Postby vladimir » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:41 pm

Paddy Rice couldn't organise a piss up in a brewerey
“A nation is jolted by a revealing dress at a festival but is not infuriated by a million children sleeping rough and scavenging in trash bins for food,” Egyptian opinion writer Khaled Montaser
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby patcan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Paddy had annual halloween parties (see their photos) and Xmas dinners which seemed to go over well over the years. And Saint Patrick's day was popular too...There are definately worse places.
patcan

Postby Miguelito » Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:29 pm

patcan wrote:Had a chat with the former Englishman manager while the place was being cleared out. 18 months of losses, worst in the 10 years he has bern there. A 14-storey building is going up there, and 5 more curved buildings across the river, being built by Sokha or some company like that. They have hotels here and in Siem Riep. A lot more places to be shuttering this year apparently.
I always kind of liked Paddy Rice, especially Saturday football and rugby nights. The 1/2 brekky was good ....Never ate anything else there. The guys behind the bar were excellent but the waitresses were usually lousy. The former manager is taking a few months off and might decide on another bar/restaurant.

A good Sunday Roast as well.

I heard it was just that the lease was up and the price was increasing too much to renew.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby patcan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:19 pm

But the main reason I liked Paddy Rice was because I never got kicked out of there!
patcan

Postby vladimir » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:23 pm

Fuck Paddy Rice.

Worst service in ANY restaurant ANYWHERE
“A nation is jolted by a revealing dress at a festival but is not infuriated by a million children sleeping rough and scavenging in trash bins for food,” Egyptian opinion writer Khaled Montaser
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby kansaicanuck » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 pm

I kind of liked Paddy Rice as it was one of the few places on the Riverside where you could sit just inside the restaurant but yet feel like you're kinda sitting outside because it was so open air. I got tired years of dealing with beggars while sitting outside anywhere Riverside. But the French press style coffee they served with the decent breakfast was total shit. Along with the waitress service usually being bad.
kansaicanuck
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby el Dangeroso » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:10 am

Miguelito wrote:I heard it was just that the lease was up and the price was increasing too much to renew.

Have all the happy pizza places been priced out of the riverside yet?
el Dangeroso
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby Hanno » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:45 am

el Dangeroso wrote:
Miguelito wrote:I heard it was just that the lease was up and the price was increasing too much to renew.

I am guessing that they are actually owned, not leased.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Only Friend

Postby slavedog » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:15 am

el Dangeroso wrote:

I was thinking just the other day that the Riverside really hasn't improved much over the years. The only place I occasionally go to is K West, and there are one or two other exceptions such as Metro. But on the whole it's a mess, and a less charming mess than it used to be. There's even a good old fashioned 10,000 reil massage joint, complete with satin curtains and grimy foam mattresses, recently opened a stone's throw from Paddy Rice. Throw in to the mix the coffin shops, rice and salt wholesalers, construction sites and the empty lots and it really is pretty crap.
slavedog
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle