western beggars

Discussion, news and views on bars, restaurants, gigs, parties and relationships in Cambodia. Bar owners can advertise events for free here.

western beggars

Postby crooper » Wed May 13, 2009 8:27 am

just had 5 days off from work, so decided to take a quick trip to cambodia, never again - pain in the ass to travel that far for so short a time
Anyway while on the riverfront got approached by an aussie bloke - def rough around the edges, about 40 years old, skinny, scruffy and teeth rotted to hell.
Came up with some bullshit story about being robbed of all but his passport and credit cards - and 'western union couldnt transfer since it was the weekend, and the australian embassy couldnt help me till monday'
Asked for whatever money i could spare so he could get some 'food'
I strongly assume he must be on a meth binge or something, as he bounced off and pounced on another tourist straight after me
Anyone else experience guys like this? Never experienced something quite so desperate in Phnom Penh, yet maybe this is a result of the explosion of meth use both in seasia and the rest of the world
crooper
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby hanky » Wed May 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Sounds like Wildturkey man, he got called that after his picture got stuck on Lucky supermarket's wall of shame. There have been a few of those guys about, maybe do a search for wildturkey man and Eric basketcase.
Who Gives a Fuck?
hanky
I have attained enlightenment

Re: western beggars

Postby Falcon Randwick » Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

crooper wrote:Anyway while on the riverfront got approached by an aussie bloke - def rough around the edges, about 40 years old, skinny, scruffy and teeth rotted to hell.

I only hope that someone did steal whatever he might have had, and I'm doubting the prick has anything, because your description sounds exactly like the junkie cunt who stole the motorcycle I'd hired from a local policeman and caused me no end of grief as a result. For some reason this arsewipe's name escapes me now but he's been discussed here before.
Like Potato Stars on facebook. We're likable...
https://www.facebook.com/potstars1

...and make your ears hate you by listening to us here
https://soundcloud.com/falcon-randwick
Falcon Randwick
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby fopro » Wed May 13, 2009 11:39 pm

I see him often in my daily exercise walk up the riverfront. He's scared of me now. First few times he tried begging I just walked on past. On the third or fourth time I stopped long enough to snap an angry 'I know what you're doing, I don't give money to druggies, have you no shame begging in Cambodia blah blah blah.' Now when he sees me coming he crosses the street, turns the corner, walks around the other side of a parked car, whatever he has to do to avoid my path. Though just not bothering me again would have been enough.
Last edited by fopro on Thu May 14, 2009 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fopro
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby keeping_it_riel » Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 pm

Here's the waste of skin known as Wild Turkey Man. He's known to suffer from sheer utter fucktardery combined with buttersnap shitfuckery of the mind.

Twitter: Not my circus, not my monkeys - I sold #K440
keeping_it_riel
Requiescat In Pace

Postby Starving Pelican » Thu May 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Ha! He looks like Bill Pullman (the actor playing the US President in the film Independence Day)
Starving Pelican
I am a Special Snowflake !!?!

Postby Kellri » Thu May 14, 2009 1:32 pm

I just returned from Cambodia after a short vacation (ripped off too, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms) so my wife could come over with her Taiwanese girlfriends. Anyways, this same fucktard approached on the Riverside with a sad-sack tale of losing his passport & money and needing enough cash to call home. Since she's never seen the OTHER Cambodia and isn't nearly as brazenly cynical as I, she quickly ponied up $10 for the guy. When she got back to Vietnam and told me story, I had no choice but to bite my lip. This from a woman who could bargain from dusk till dawn over a pair of $2 socks. I wanted to tell her he could have gotten laid AND gotten high for $10. I did tell her next time give him a pack of Ara and 5,000 Riel and tell him to fuck right off - never give $10 unless he's missing several limbs.
Kellri
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby southman » Thu May 14, 2009 6:58 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:Here's the waste of skin known as Wild Turkey Man. He's known to suffer from sheer utter fucktardery combined with buttersnap shitfuckery of the mind.

Wild Turkey Man? I know him as the "$5 Conman"

And here's Henrik from the small hotel giving him some anti Conman therapy back in 05. i cant believe he's still in PP and know one has thrown him in the river where he belongs.
southman
I live above an internet cafe

Postby fopro » Thu May 14, 2009 9:04 pm

05, eh? I wonder how long his visa is expired.
fopro

Postby keeping_it_riel » Thu May 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Here's the other one - known by many as 'the American beggar' - who was a one man babblefuck-shit-carnival as well as an aggressive little fucktard.

keeping_it_riel
Requiescat In Pace

Postby doktor_d » Thu May 14, 2009 11:21 pm

keeping_it_riel wrote:Here's the other one

Is it the guy with the pink shirt or the one sporting a mohawk and an extremely annoying stance?
doktor_d
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby keeping_it_riel » Fri May 15, 2009 1:20 am

The American Beggar is the -tard with the mohawk making crazy Kung Fu gestures with his fingers that we can't see cos of the camera angle.

By coincidence, Wild Turkey Man was striding purposely down the riverfront as I was driving home tonight at approx 12.30am. He's looking older now than in the Lucky Supermarket Wall of Shame photo but has kept his svelte figure.

05, eh? I wonder how long his visa is expired.

Fopro, he must have had a visa and passport in 2005 cos he had a run in with the law that year after deciding to steal a TV from one of those electrical product shops opposite Psah O Russei. This guy is pretty swift on his toes but with a TV weighing him down he only made it about 20 metres before being apprehended. It was in the papers at the time.
keeping_it_riel
Requiescat In Pace

Postby fopro » Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 am

Funny. I remember hearing that story. Didn't know it was the same guy.
fopro

Postby Agrippa » Fri May 15, 2009 2:24 am

This guy approached me on my second or third day in Cambodia !
Same story ("apparently" he got robbed on the bus from Siem Reap).
Australian embassy closed due to holiday, yadda yadda yadda.

My smells-fishy-sense was obviously right as he got nothing.
Agrippa
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby fopro » Fri May 15, 2009 2:33 am

southman wrote:Image

That's the same look he uses when he spins his sad tale, begging for money. He does appear the mournful soul.
fopro

Next

Return to Lifestyle