The magic of Khmer Dance

A place to discuss all aspects of Cambodian history and culture. This is the place to post links to books, articles, documentaries etc on our host country, and to find images of Cambodia's past.

The magic of Khmer Dance

Postby Miguelito » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

The magic of Khmer Dance

Postby LexusSchmexus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:14 pm

Saw that yesterday on Farcebook. I honestly tried so hard not to, but I shut it off after he kept going with his bleeding heart "if you wear glasses, stand up" spiel. I cringed and let it go for another thirty seconds, but he kept it up so I switched I pressed the back button. I'm not saying mass murders should be forgotten, but it gets old when it's constantly referenced to (especially by young Khmers born overseas) or used as an excuse for things. Maybe I'm out of line, I dunno... I'll probably try to skip ahead and watch it again at some point later today.
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Re: The magic of Khmer Dance

Postby Jamie_Lambo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:51 pm

LexusSchmexus wrote:Saw that yesterday on Farcebook. I honestly tried so hard not to, but I shut it off after he kept going with his bleeding heart "if you wear glasses, stand up" spiel. I cringed and let it go for another thirty seconds, but he kept it up so I switched I pressed the back button. I'm not saying mass murders should be forgotten, but it gets old when it's constantly referenced to (especially by young Khmers born overseas) or used as an excuse for things. Maybe I'm out of line, I dunno... I'll probably try to skip ahead and watch it again at some point later today.

no need, it only gets more cringe,
i was also enjoying it up to that point tbh
it was a good demo about the KR but it wasnt really necessary for this dance demonstration
i wanted to learn more about the dancing
Ter Mtes Aii Na Del Min Chas Hel
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks
Jamie_Lambo
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Return to Cambodian History and Culture