Thai Visa & hotel near hospital

A place for threads about Cambodia's immediate South East Asian neighbours: Thailand, Vietnam, Lao PDR and Myanmar. News, views, stories, information and experiences and can shared here.

Postby GMJS-440 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:25 pm

I will be headed to Thailand next week with my missus and son. I read Phucketrichard thread viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43233

1) VISA Enquiry
I am a USA citizen, so I can be exempt from visa and get 30 days.

Cambodian people are also exempt but for a lesser number of days? 14 I have heard? My son can use either passport Cambodia or USA, was just trying to figure out which was beneficial.

2) Hotel near hospital
Any decent hotels near Bangkok Intl hospital? I used to stay at Park Plaza but it was not so close and since it is not a trip for fun don't want to spend that much, let me know if any recommendation.

Cheers
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
Credit Jacked Camry & LTO
GMJS-440
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Re: Thai Visa & hotel near hospital

Postby logos » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:19 am

If it's, for a few weeks I'd get an apartment if I were you. Plenty of rentals websites, not only airbnb.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby GMJS-440 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:36 am

Thx mate, I’ll need flexible booking. Not sure if I will go 2 days or a week. Depends on diagnosis and tests required. (Knee injury)
"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who can't teach, teach English."
GMJS-440

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:06 am

I stayed in A-one hotel. 5 minutes walk to hospital and I thought it was reasonably priced. Pool and gym also available for the family.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby gavinmac » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:12 am

"
GMJS-440 wrote: since it is not a trip for fun don't want to spend that much

"I'd be willing to splurge on a nice hotel if my family weren't with me."
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Phuket2006 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:04 am

GMJS-440 wrote:I will be headed to Thailand next week with my missus and son. I read Phucketrichard thread viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43233

1) VISA Enquiry
I am a USA citizen, so I can be exempt from visa and get 30 days.

Cambodian people are also exempt but for a lesser number of days? 14 I have heard? My son can use either passport Cambodia or USA, was just trying to figure out which was beneficial.

2) Hotel near hospital
Any decent hotels near Bangkok Intl hospital? I used to stay at Park Plaza but it was not so close and since it is not a trip for fun don't want to spend that much, let me know if any recommendation.

Cheers

US passport 30 days visa exempt stamp, so use ur sons us passport
Khmer 14 days but sometimes they ask to see a ticket home if flying in ( but chances are small if traveling with family), traveling overland they never ask
Check out agoda's map, locate the hospital and than see whats around. as traffic sucks find a place within walking distance.

good luck with the tests

PS: the passport u enter a country on is the one, if anything fucks up, will help you, so always pick the best one
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
The Internet is my Friend

Postby Miguelito » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:35 am

Phuket2006 wrote:PS: the passport u enter a country on is the one, if anything fucks up, will help you, so always pick the best one

This was being discussed in another thread last week, and I don't think that's true. If you're American in Thailand it doesn't matter what passport you entered on, they'll still offer you the same services,
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby gavinmac » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:38 am

Miguelito wrote:
Phuket2006 wrote:PS: the passport u enter a country on is the one, if anything fucks up, will help you, so always pick the best one

This was being discussed in another thread last week, and I don't think that's true. If you're American in Thailand it doesn't matter what passport you entered on, they'll still offer you the same services,

I'm going to agree with the kid here.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby GMJS-440 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Thx for the replies
GMJS-440

Postby GMJS-440 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 pm

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:I stayed in A-one hotel. 5 minutes walk to hospital and I thought it was reasonably priced. Pool and gym also available for the family.

Pretty convenient, got free shuttle provided by hospital that dropped me at hotel. Hotel has free shuttle to hospital every 30 minutes. Was under $40 all-in.
GMJS-440

Postby GMJS-440 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Edit- had to check out of A-one. Overrun by rude Chinese, had 4 different people try getting in my room as they had almost all the rooms on the floor they assumed they had every room. My door was slightly open as I needed to walk outside of room to connect to weak WiFi signal. I had to yell out to the various Chinese trying to enter my room as I was down the hall. These fucks were walking around the hotel all night yelling loudly outside the rooms.

Convenient location for hospital, now I’m done with hospital I moved to another place.
GMJS-440

Postby son of vladimir » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:32 pm

That will teach you not to book into a hotel above a hostess bar, GMJS440. ;)
son of vladimir
I live above an internet cafe

Return to Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and Lao forums