Goodbye to Stickman

A place for threads about Cambodia's immediate South East Asian neighbours: Thailand, Vietnam, Lao PDR and Myanmar. News, views, stories, information and experiences and can shared here.

Re: Goodbye to Stickman

Postby RainMan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:03 am

crazyjohn wrote:Is Bernard Trink still alive? I remember that Big Mango Bar but where was it?

It was originally just in and upstairs from the Nana plaza entrance, rents went through the roof and Graham moved it down soi 4 a couple of streets on the left, it was in a tiny soi and easily missed. Sold now and renamed, my memory doesn't serve me well.
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby gavinmac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:31 pm

RainMan wrote: I do remember a poster on there once named Gavinmac, coincidence maybe, but he served up some funny shit. If I remember correctly it was a dentist trip story and a bar episode story.

That was me. It's the lost Gavinmac article: "Getting Good Oral Service, Shopping for Dresses, and Avoiding Tuberculosis in Bangkok."

Unfortunately the formatting is a bit fucked up now on that site, but you get the idea.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby gavinmac » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:32 pm

RainMan wrote:
crazyjohn wrote:Is Bernard Trink still alive? I remember that Big Mango Bar but where was it?

It was originally just in and upstairs from the Nana plaza entrance, rents went through the roof and Graham moved it down soi 4 a couple of streets on the left, it was in a tiny soi and easily missed.

Way, way down Soi 4.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby logos » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Trink seems to be very much alive. I was surprised to see he's still writing for the Post, albeit on different topics

https://search.bangkokpost.com/search/r ... nard+Trink
logos
WankPoodle

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:32 pm

gavinmac wrote:
RainMan wrote: I do remember a poster on there once named Gavinmac, coincidence maybe, but he served up some funny shit. If I remember correctly it was a dentist trip story and a bar episode story.

That was me. It's the lost Gavinmac article: "Getting Good Oral Service, Shopping for Dresses, and Avoiding Tuberculosis in Bangkok."

Unfortunately the formatting is a bit fucked up now on that site, but you get the idea.

That’s not you. That guy is funny.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Postby Playboy » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:06 pm

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:
gavinmac wrote:

That’s not you. That guy is funny.
Ah, the good old days, when men where men, women were women, and GavinMac was actually funny.

#RIP
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby Jep » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:23 pm

Today column online, also please read the post readers submission post from Larry. That's soo straight up real.

about the smile.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby Jep » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:00 pm

chubacca wrote:
gavinmac wrote:
slavedog wrote:I follow the Stickboy page on Facebook. Not sure what the connection is between boy and man. It's mostly light hearted photos of Sukhumvit nightlife / streetlife. Gavinmac would love it.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Tapatalk

Yes, I'm a big Stickboy fan. Don't tell Stickman man that.

Or Jep!

Did you read on Stickboy news about the large Viking that smashed up the Police station in Pattaya? :facepalm: posted yesterday he's got a great story to tell his mates back home.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Previous

Return to Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar and Lao forums