ATM fees

Love it or loathe it, we all need it. This is a forum to discuss all aspects of money matters in Cambodia including banks, exchange rates, ATMs, insurance policies and savings products.

Re: ATM fees

Postby Nasty Canasta » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:42 am

violet wrote:in case there are ever others in the future who are too scaredy to cross streets in Phnom Penh, I'll respond to this thread... there is a Maybank on Norodom up near St 136 or 130. No big streets to cross, only little ones. You should start off with small streets and work up to the boulevards.

Unless you are coming from the Riverside - then you have the terrifying ordeal of crossing Norodom (twice). Some times of the day a piece of cake, other times - well you feel like you've dodged serious harm when you make it over. Heavy traffic going both ways, fuckwits in cars on the wrong side of the road, death jockeys on motos blasting past slow moving or stationary cars wherever they fucking choose, whatever direction they choose, even the foot paths at times. Still easier than crossing Monivong mind you.
Nasty Canasta
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby Dangerous Dave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:56 am

I guess I made a lasting impression w/my earlier question about street-crossing. I don't *mind* crossing busy streets; I was just wondering aloud if there were subtle local do's and don't's. (In Manhattan, for the most part, you step off the curb and go. In London you'd get run over b/c they're not expecting it. In Zurich, you'd die in prison for jaywalking.)

Back to the ranch: I live at 55 and 240, and I'm looking for the nearest Maybank ATM, as the crow flies, regardless of crossings. I walk to Phsar Thmey about once every 48 hrs or so, but I'd prefer a closer Maybank ATM to try, if there is one. Thanks, everyone!
Dangerous Dave
440 newbie - handle with care

Postby JimSocks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Crossing busy streets. Follow the flock. Sometimes there are people crossing at the same time.
If alone. Dont stutter. Keep going, drivers expect you to keep moving forward. I often do the palm up or point directly at the driver. Show no fear.
Google maps maybank atms
JimSocks
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby raendi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Dangerous Dave wrote:Where is the nearest Maybank ATM, to Street 278 and 57?

Corner of St. 63 and 334.
Pardon my engrish, thanks you.
raendi
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Postby Dangerous Dave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks! I also found one on the south side of 184, between 63 and Monivong, which is a little easier for me.
Dangerous Dave
440 newbie - handle with care

Previous

Return to Money, Banking and Insurance