Access to pension funds in Cambodia

Love it or loathe it, we all need it. This is a forum to discuss all aspects of money matters in Cambodia including banks, exchange rates, ATMs, insurance policies and savings products.

Access to pension funds in Cambodia

Postby Jools » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:49 pm

How is it done? Do I simply use my debit card to withdraw funds from my USA account (presumably at an exorbitant rate), or is there another way to get my Social Security, Teacher's Retirement and annuity. Flame if it makes you feel good, but an answer to my question would be greatly appreciated,
Jools
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Access to pension funds in Cambodia

Postby newnewnewbie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:59 pm

If you keep an address and your bank accounts in the US, you could set up an account with Moneygram online,
Using an approved creditcard, transfers are only $10-12 for smaller amounts.

US social security for this region is in Manila. They can transfer to accounts at Cambodian Public Bank.
This is the only bank they can transfer to, for technical reasons, I was told. They handle a lot of cases,
several hundred thousand people are managed from an office with about 30 employees. But if you have
your official address here, that is where your monthly payment will be handled.
newnewnewbie
I live above an internet cafe

Re: Access to pension funds in Cambodia

Postby Johnsell50 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:51 pm

I used direct deposit in the Philippines and In Thailand with no problems. I am told you can do the same here. I would much rather do that than pay all the fees for transfers, or debit cards. Both of the banks in the other countries automatically converted it over to their currency.
"A day without learning is a day lost!"
Johnsell50
I live above an internet cafe

Return to Money, Banking and Insurance