Air quality

It's a common complaint; health and healthcare in Cambodia is basic at best. Here is the forum to share information about doctors, hospitals, dentists and all other health-related issues, and for Dagenham to nag us about healthy breakfasts.

Air quality

Postby kansaicanuck » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:17 am

Anyone else having trouble with this bad air quality we've been having? It's been terrible in the evenings and early morning. No fun having a sinus cold right now (probably partly to do with the bad air)

Toul Tom Pong is registering worse air than some cities in southern China right now.

https://www.airvisual.com/cambodia/phno ... -tom-poung

kansaicanuck
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Re: Air quality

Postby kinard » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:20 am

This could be caused by temperature inversion, where the temp. on the surface is cooler than the air above it. This warmer air traps the pollution by means of a higher density, i.e. having a greater downward gravitational force.

Occurs is the cooler months and worse in the mornings.

Edit: Upon closer inspection...why is Russian Market spiking? There is an actual cloud visible there. High concentration of motor vehicle exhaust/particulate?

Forget the temp. inversion theory, this is rather peculiar

Imagetumblr image hosting

https://www.airvisual.com/cambodia/phnom-penh
"Not my circus, not my monkeys" - KiR
kinard
Hello, Hello, Anybody Out There ?

Postby raendi » Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:28 am

Never been any air quality problems for me in PNH :felger:
Pardon my engrish, thanks you.
raendi
I need professional help

Postby v12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:48 pm

kansaicanuck wrote:Anyone else having trouble with this bad air quality we've been having? It's been terrible in the evenings and early morning. No fun having a sinus cold right now (probably partly to do with the bad air)

Yeah, my "cold" did not get better last month, until I started to wear such a face mask.

Never imagined, I would ever wear such a thing, though it solved my cold within 2-3 days.

I try to get junior to wear too, though it does not look cool, so stubborn as he is, another $60+ visit to the nose clinic with medicine is foreseen in a few weeks :(
Let me try to let the doctor convince junior.
v12
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby vladimir » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Bangkok just shut down all schools for a 4-day weekend due to pollution
“A nation is jolted by a revealing dress at a festival but is not infuriated by a million children sleeping rough and scavenging in trash bins for food,” Egyptian opinion writer Khaled Montaser
vladimir
Feminist Watch List

Postby spitthedog » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:37 pm

I've been having a constant supply of snot ever since cycling through dusty Manupur and Nagaland.
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby Johnsell50 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Is any of this due to burning fields or is this a year round problem? When I lived in Chiang Mai, Thailand, we had 3 months of the year that were very bad to go outside. We had the same in Udon Thani but nowhere near as bad. I visited Zheng Zhou China, in the southern central area and for 2 of the 3 weeks I was there the pollution was so bad no one wanted to go outside. It looked like a thick fog at street level. I also lived in Los Angeles at the height of their worst smog and it was nowhere near as bad.
"A day without learning is a day lost!"
Johnsell50
I live above an internet cafe

Return to Health and fitness