How do you stay healthy?

It's a common complaint; health and healthcare in Cambodia is basic at best. Here is the forum to share information about doctors, hospitals, dentists and all other health-related issues, and for Dagenham to nag us about healthy breakfasts.

Re: How do you stay healthy?

Postby Hanno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:55 am

slavedog wrote:P.S. I had no trouble buying an ice cold can of beer from a local vendor as soon as I crossed the finish line in Siem Reap.

It is the best day of the year for them. We sat in a little stall a couple of hundred meters away. Dirt cheap but probably also the place where I picked up food poisoning.
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno
The Internet is my Only Friend

Postby Hanno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:56 am

YaTingPom wrote:
Hanno wrote:
I am actually more into trail running these days and the scene in Vietnam is exploding; I have signed up for 5 ultras next year. That will either be the fittest year ever or I will be dead.

Can you let us know if you die?

Mucho appreciatedo

Will do.

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

Postby slavedog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:59 am

Hanno wrote:
slavedog wrote:P.S. I had no trouble buying an ice cold can of beer from a local vendor as soon as I crossed the finish line in Siem Reap.

It is the best day of the year for them. We sat in a little stall a couple of hundred meters away. Dirt cheap but probably also the place where I picked up food poisoning.

A few years ago I probably would have found you and joined you - one negative about it now being so popular is you don't bump into people you know so easily as before.
slavedog
2000+ Posts! Aghh I Have No Mates

Postby Hanno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:15 pm

slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:

A few years ago I probably would have found you and joined you - one negative about it now being so popular is you don't bump into people you know so easily as before.

Yes, I missed quite a few friends and it took me an hour to find the Missus. Hard enough to find a big, white bloke; finding a small Khmer woman was a nightmare.

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

Postby slavedog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:27 pm

Hanno wrote:
slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:

Yes, I missed quite a few friends and it took me an hour to find the Missus. Hard enough to find a big, white bloke; finding a small Khmer woman was a nightmare.

Yes, we had made absolutely no plan about where to rendez vous post race. Fortunately she had the sense to go back to the car and wait there.
slavedog

Postby logos » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:25 pm

slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:
slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:

Yes, we had made absolutely no plan about where to rendez vous post race. Fortunately she had the sense to go back to the car and wait there.

You trained her well :thumbsup:
She might even be able to use a phone, could be worth trying.
logos
WankPoodle

Postby slavedog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:53 pm

logos wrote:
slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:
slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:

You trained her well :thumbsup:
She might even be able to use a phone, could be worth trying.

Only worth trying if the other person has a phone with them - I did not.
slavedog

Postby Hanno » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

I had no phone and the Missus waited for me in the only place that did not have beer. She should have known better.

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

Postby gavinmac » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 pm

Asking expats in Cambodia how to stay healthy is like asking the Cleveland Browns how to win football games.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby Miguelito » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:00 am

Hanno wrote:I had no phone and the Missus waited for me in the only place that did not have beer. She should have known better.

How come the results have you listed as “DNS” for the time?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Hanno » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:54 am

Miguelito wrote:
Hanno wrote:I had no phone and the Missus waited for me in the only place that did not have beer. She should have known better.

Long story but involved listening to the Missus and traffic. I arrived at the start 20 minutes late and ended up running 10K with the kids (and 5K looking for the Missus).

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

Postby logos » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:12 am

Hanno wrote:
Miguelito wrote:

Long story but involved listening to the Missus and traffic. I arrived at the start 20 minutes late and ended up running 10K with the kids (and 5K looking for the Missus).

Why not just admit you chickened out?
logos
WankPoodle

Postby slavedog » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 am

Hanno wrote:
Miguelito wrote:

ended up running 10K with the kids.

Did you win?
slavedog

Postby Hanno » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:46 am

logos wrote:
Hanno wrote:
Miguelito wrote:

Why not just admit you chickened out?

I was supposed to run for a charity and the whole endeavor cost me a fair bit of coin, so it was certainly not a case of chickening out. A half marathon is more like a training run for me.

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

Postby Hanno » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

slavedog wrote:
Hanno wrote:
Miguelito wrote:

ended up running 10K with the kids.

Did you win?

No way, those 6-year olds are a lot faster than they were in my days. I did drink them under the table though.
Last edited by Hanno on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Lindbergh
Hanno

PreviousNext

Return to Health and fitness