Foreign child passport

A lot of expats increasingly settle in Cambodia with families and kids, or acquire them while here. This forum is a place to ask questions and discuss all things family.

Foreign child passport

Postby pekpek » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:10 pm

Is it necessary for a baby to have a passport immediately? Both parents are foreign but the baby was born here.
pekpek
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Foreign child passport

Postby DF » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 pm

No. But make sure you have the birth certificate and registration from the hospital and your local commune. You will need those papers when applying for a passport.
DF
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Foreign child passport

Postby pekpek » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:20 pm

[quote="DF"]No. But make sure you have the birth certificate and registration from the hospital and your local commune. You will need those papers when applying for a passport.[/quote]
Yes. I have the registration and birth certificate from the hospital and sangkat. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk
pekpek

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 pm

You need to register your child and apply for a visa with the Immigration Dept. within 3 mths of the birth, fairly new regulations, so best to get the kids passport ASAP.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Postby slavedog » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:47 pm

Why would you not? By and large, such things only get more difficult with time.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
slavedog
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Re:

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 pm

slavedog wrote:Why would you not? By and large, such things only get more difficult with time.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Exactly, and what if the family needs to leave the country in a hurry? A lot of countries no longer allow for children to enter/exit on their parents passports anymore. Seems irresponsible to wait in my opinion.

Example ...a Kiwi bloke married to a Khmer woman with 2 children together, recently passed away, several years after their children were born he had still not applied for their NZ Citizenship by Descent and passports, it is now going to be extremely difficult to get those documents for the children.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Postby ricecakes » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:53 am

PSD_Kiwi wrote:
Example ...a Kiwi bloke married to a Khmer woman with 2 children together, recently passed away, several years after their children were born he had still not applied for their NZ Citizenship by Descent and passports, it is now going to be extremely difficult to get those documents for the children.

No excuses for that fucktardery.

Sorting out your kid's western citizenship should be HIGH PRIORITY after their birth. It is not overly hard ( AUS ) or expensive.
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby Phuket2006 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:27 am

For US citizens u need file a "report of birth abroad" at the Embassy
with that u can get a passport.
my daughter got her us passport at age 5 months
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
The Internet is my Friend

Postby raendi » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Phuket2006 wrote:For US citizens u need file a "report of birth abroad" at the Embassy
with that u can get a passport.

Easy when you have embassy in the Kingdom :thumbsup:
Pardon my engrish, thanks you.
raendi
I need professional help

Postby Cam-pooh-cheer » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:57 pm

You have to wait 6 months before you can apply for a passport, certainly for a British passport and probably for any other. I think the reason being the baby will change so much in the first few months. The process is inexpensive and absolutely necessary.
Cam-pooh-cheer

Postby Lucky Lucan » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Cam-pooh-cheer wrote:You have to wait 6 months before you can apply for a passport, certainly for a British passport and probably for any other. I think the reason being the baby will change so much in the first few months. The process is inexpensive and absolutely necessary.

Where did you hear that? You can get a passport for a new-born baby, that goes for UK and other countries.
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby Phuket2006 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Cam-pooh-cheer wrote:You have to wait 6 months before you can apply for a passport, certainly for a British passport and probably for any other. I think the reason being the baby will change so much in the first few months. The process is inexpensive and absolutely necessary.

lol
did u read what i wrote?my daughter got hers at 5 months..
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
The Internet is my Friend

Postby Cam-pooh-cheer » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Strange because we got my daughter's from the British Embassy in 2011 and the earliest we could get it was at 6 months.
Cam-pooh-cheer

Postby LoneStar » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:35 am

I got both of my boy's U.S. passports when they were less than six months old.
LoneStar
I do not pay my bills

Postby DanielSkywalker » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:44 am

Apply passport of your country as soon as possible and apply visa before your child is 3 months old. Otherwise you have to pay for penalty for your toddler staying without visa. Based on my experience.
DanielSkywalker

Next

Return to Family, children and relationships