• Advertisement
Giant Ibis

endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

The room to discuss all aspects of travel in Cambodia be it simple questions in regards visas or exchanging ideas as to the best jungle paths for your next off-road trip.

endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Henderson » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:50 pm

Hello all,
Sorry for asking a question which I am sure was asked many times but I couldn't find an updated answer and there are important decisions to me made based on this answer.
Is it possible for a person to get an endless tourist/any other type of visa which can be renewed from within Cambodia without the need to leave the country?
No need for any work permit, opening company or anything, just visa to stay, eat, spend money and have a relaxed life :)
I am looking for a new home which will allow me to spend the money I have without constantly worrying that I will not get a visa to enter the country.
I am SOOOOOO tired from this never ending problem and it's time to start fresh.
I heard good things about Cambodia and the Visa issue is the most important for me at this point.

Thank you all!
Henderson
440 newbie - handle with care
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:57 pm

1. Apply for the E-Type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival
Cost: $35
Valid for 1 month

2. At least 1 week prior to your VOA expiring, take your passport to a reputable agency and apply for a 12 months ER (Retirement) EOS (Extension of stay).
Cost: appx $270 - 300 (depending on the agency and location, cheaper in PP)
Valid for 12 months, although 1,3,6 month Extension of stays are also available. Only 6 & 12 months EOS's are valid for multi-entry/exit.

3. At least 1 week prior to your 12 month ER EOS expiring, go back to agent and repeat step number 2.

No need to leave the country, no need for a Work Permit as long as you don't work. If Immigration Officers ever question your status as a retiree, ensure that you can provide evidence of retirement and funds/income to support yourself.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Dahon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am

PSD_Kiwi wrote:If Immigration Officers ever question your status as a retiree, ensure that you can provide evidence of retirement and funds/income to support yourself.

Has this been officially formalized in any way? Thailand has defined levels of pension income or deposit in the country and also has double taxation agreements with many countries but what about Cambodia?
Cambodia - tickets booked, moved on to mission planning DONE
Mission completed, reported to Col Braddock. DONE
Now ranting about the experience ONGOING
User avatar
Dahon
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Beijing, China

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:50 pm

Dahon, for more detailed (more like extremely vague) information, read the latest immigration sub-decree...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1Kzg ... BKVEZlMlhR

Note: Age is not a requirement to obtain the ER EOS according to the sub-decree.
Last edited by PSD_Kiwi on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Beaker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:03 pm

I just renewed my EOS as a retiree for another year, just days ago, without any documentation about income. They obviously do know my age tho.
Used Lucky motors
Ι'м тнє σиє ωнσ нαѕ тσ ∂ιє ωнєи ιт'ѕ тιмє fσя мє тσ ∂ιє ѕσ ℓєт мє ℓινє му ℓιfє тнє ωαу Ι ωαит тσ - ʝJιмι Нєи∂яιχ
User avatar
Beaker
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:53 pm

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Miguelito » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Dahon wrote:Thailand has defined levels of pension income or deposit in the country and also has double taxation agreements with many countries but what about Cambodia?
[/quote]

Cambodia currently has a Double taxation agreement with Singapore, with a few others in negotiation (including South Korea and Hong Kong). You won't see one with a Western country for a while, as the focus is with Asian countries that actually invest here, and ASEAN countries.

Edit: I messed up the quote function and incorrectly attributed it to PSD. Sorry!
Last edited by Miguelito on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 2948
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Miguelito wrote:
Dahon wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote: Thailand has defined levels of pension income or deposit in the country and also has double taxation agreements with many countries but what about Cambodia?


Cambodia currently has a Double taxation agreement with Singapore, with a few others in negotiation (including South Korea and Hong Kong). You won't see one with a Western country for a while, as the focus is with Asian countries that actually invest here, and ASEAN countries.


That is not my quote, not that I really care anyway, just pointing out that you fkd up the quote function.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Dahon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:56 pm

Miguelito wrote:
Dahon wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote: Thailand has defined levels of pension income or deposit in the country and also has double taxation agreements with many countries but what about Cambodia?


Cambodia currently has a Double taxation agreement with Singapore, with a few others in negotiation (including South Korea and Hong Kong). You won't see one with a Western country for a while, as the focus is with Asian countries that actually invest here, and ASEAN countries.

I understand, but with Western pension systems tanking more and more, and going full tilt in 20 years or so, there is a market for poor retirees. If Cambodia can provide health care in exchange for taxation rights, many EU governments would probably (but they would never admit it today) be interested in offloading retirees who can no longer contribute to the economy (apart from consumption) which would also free up housing in economically active areas to cool off the market. For Cambodia, the benefit would of course be more non-problematic foreigners who would still be able to provide substantial (by Lhmer standards) cash injections to the economy.

Anyway, let's wait a few years and see what happens. Right now I do not see the benefit for retirement in KH compared to TH or Spain (where medical care is subsidized). Ok, You don't need to deposit money for en ER visa.
Cambodia - tickets booked, moved on to mission planning DONE
Mission completed, reported to Col Braddock. DONE
Now ranting about the experience ONGOING
User avatar
Dahon
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:09 pm
Location: Beijing, China

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby Lucky Lucan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Dahon wrote: If Cambodia can provide health care in exchange for taxation rights.


There is actually a part of the labor law which gives a certain amount of free health care to full-time employees. Apparently if you have an accident at work, or even commuting to work, you get treated for free. Of course I would take that with a pinch of salt, I couldn't help from laughing when a HR manager told me this.
We all gotta duck..............when the shit hits the fan.
User avatar
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain
 
Posts: 17652
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 pm
Location: The Pearl of the Orient

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby black69wolf69 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:08 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:1. Apply for the E-Type (Ordinary) Visa on Arrival
Cost: $35
Valid for 1 month

2. At least 1 week prior to your VOA expiring, take your passport to a reputable agency and apply for a 12 months ER (Retirement) EOS (Extension of stay).
Cost: appx $270 - 300 (depending on the agency and location, cheaper in PP)
Valid for 12 months, although 1,3,6 month Extension of stays are also available. Only 6 & 12 months EOS's are valid for multi-entry/exit.

3. At least 1 week prior to your 12 month ER EOS expiring, go back to agent and repeat step number 2.

No need to leave the country, no need for a Work Permit as long as you don't work. If Immigration Officers ever question your status as a retiree, ensure that you can provide evidence of retirement and funds/income to support yourself.


Is there really such a thing as a retirement visa in Cambodia nowadays? I thought it was just the usual 12 month extension of stay, which I've had twice. No need for a work permit either unless you are actually working. On the 12-month extension of stay which is a blue sticker, it just says "Phnom Penh" as place of issue in Khmer script, everything else is the same as the usual visa and has no "conditions" listed on the bottom.
black69wolf69
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visay

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 pm

It is not a retirement visa, it is a retirement EOS, only introduced along with other types last September. I have posted the link to the latest immigration sub decree which explains all the new visa and EOS categories.

When did you receive your last 12 mth EOS? If it was since Sept 2016, then the EOS will have the category stamped on it (EB, ES, ER, etc), apart from that they look exactly the same as before.

Oh, and if you hold an EB EOS, then you are supposed to also have a WP, word is that Immigration and the MoLVT will be cooperating a lot closer in the future, so buyer beware.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visay

Postby black69wolf69 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:37 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:It is not a retirement visa, it is a retirement EOS, only introduced along with other types last September. I have posted the link to the latest immigration sub decree which explains all the new visa and EOS categories.

When did you receive your last 12 mth EOS? If it was since Sept 2016, then the EOS will have the category stamped on it (EB, ES, ER, etc), apart from that they look exactly the same as before.

Oh, and if you hold an EB EOS, then you are supposed to also have a WP, word is that Immigration and the MoLVT will be cooperating a lot closer in the future, so buyer beware.


Could you explain the differences between these categories or show me where you posted the link. Last time I got a 12 month extension I wasn't asked about any category there was only one. I paid US$280 or whatever it was. I guess that the agent will now ask which category I'm applying under. How about someone who travels in/out a lot and isn't looking to work for a Cambodian based employer (at least not yet) which is the right category to go for?
black69wolf69
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:22 pm

A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby yg11 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:50 am

In a document attached is mentioned "exit visa". What dose it mean? Should I apply for this everytime when leaving a Country? I've got EB 12 months EOS. Please advice.
yg11
5 minutes to kill
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:40 pm

Re: endless, renewable tourist/other type of visa

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:18 am

No, the Exit visa is only needed if you are exiting the country without a valid visa (ie. New passport, expired visa more than 30 days, emergency travel document, etc).
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
User avatar
PSD_Kiwi
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus
 
Posts: 3675
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:51 am

Next

Return to Travel




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests