• Advertisement
Giant Ibis

Connecting flights with same airline

The room to discuss all aspects of travel in Cambodia be it simple questions in regards visas or exchanging ideas as to the best jungle paths for your next off-road trip.

Connecting flights with same airline

Postby spitthedog » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:07 pm

Bongs,

I'm abit wet behind the ears with this in transit/connecting flight stuff.

Got a stop over in Delhi / 5hr wait for connecting flight to Goa with the same airline.

So i'm thinking shall i stay in Delhi airport for an incredibly boring 5hrs OR discover the surroundings outside the airport? We have to check in again for the connecting flight evidently.

Do i have to go through all the security checks again if leaving the airport and go walkabout?

Also, just to make sure - if you have a connecting flight with the same airline, our bags wont have to be checked in again by us right?

Cheers
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Re: Connecting flights with same airline

Postby Spigzy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:13 pm

It will take you 5 hours to exit immigration at New Delhi airport- enjoy the airport; even if you could fast track out, to get anywhere interesting in the city is still a 5 hour drive. :-)

Re: exit question; you’d have to go through immigration (if you can do Visa on arrival?)- and then go through the whole check-in process again like any other flight. That’s my understanding; awaiting VIP Bongs alternative guide to exploring between connecting learjets.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby gavinmac » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

Why do you have to check in again? If it's all the same airline on a single ticket they should give you both boarding passes at the origin.

I'd stay inside the airport.

Spigzy wrote:Re: exit question; you’d have to go through immigration (if you can do Visa on arrival?)-

He has an Indian visa, he's going to Goa.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby YaTingPom » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Calling Scoffer. :rimshot:
You. Yes you, mind your own fucking business about what I do and don’t say online. Sad sook.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby spitthedog » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:33 pm

gavinmac wrote:Why do you have to check in again? If it's all the same airline on a single ticket they should give you both boarding passes at the origin.

Spigzy wrote:Re: exit question; you’d have to go through immigration (if you can do Visa on arrival?)-

Yeah, i thought it abit odd. Thats what they told me on check in though and only have the one boarding pass and told where to get the next one in Delhi.

Yeah, i guess Delhi will be one cluster fuck of an airport.
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog

Postby Miguelito » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:04 pm

spitthedog wrote:
gavinmac wrote:Why do you have to check in again? If it's all the same airline on a single ticket they should give you both boarding passes at the origin.

Yeah, i thought it abit odd. Thats what they told me on check in though and only have the one boarding pass and told where to get the next one in Delhi.

Yeah, i guess Delhi will be one cluster fuck of an airport.

It's super annoying, but not unheard of. I had to do that when flying to Na Trang through HCMC, which is super annoying because in HCMC you have to clear immigration, get your bag, and then walk it all over to the domestic terminal, and do the whole check in procedure, etc.

Spigzy wrote:awaiting VIP Bongs alternative guide to exploring between connecting learjets.

Arriving to a new country by private jet is pretty sweet - private immigration area with a welcome lounge.
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Spigzy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Fair point gm, flying say to Bali on Malaysian Airlines from PP you get both boarding passes, so I guess leaves just the immigration/security checks. Never done it mind.
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby spitthedog » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 pm

Delhi T1 domestic is very far from the International airport.

Is it just me or is Delhi airport abit all over the place?

I felt like a contestant in The Amazing Race yesterday.
spitthedog

Postby Spigzy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:31 pm

It's not just you. #SolidarityReg :-)
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby Absentmindedprofessor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:24 pm

The joys of transferring: the last two years with the rise of the chinese airlines, and their fares being significantly lower than the others, I flew twice with them ams-pnh, on both occasions I had to fill in a application form for a 24hour chinese transit visa, to go through customs, and check in for the next international flight. The flights were pretty OK, both with xiamen airlines and china southern airlines, but the transferring is still quite a bit of hassle (luckily you do not have to pick up the luggage in china, just show the luggage receipts.). weird fact: the transfer desk at xiamen airport does not handle transfers, they only occasionally staff it to redirect transferring travelers to the normal check in desks, that only open about 2hours in advance.
Absentmindedprofessor
I've got internet at work

Postby Starving Pelican » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:12 am

Most premium airlines give you both boarding passes and handle your bags for you. Budget airlines, and the shittier national carriers, don't offer such services.
OP - it may be too late now, but most Indian airports offer cheap and clean 'retiring rooms'.
Starving Pelican
I am a Special Snowflake !!?!

Postby spitthedog » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:11 pm

Cheers people.

Delhi airport is quite nice really. Had an Indian style KFC upstairs. Cambodia KFC aint great, but Indian very good. $5 for a mug of beer seemed abit extortionate.

I'll have to look into those retiring rooms. Can you get them when you arrive at 2 am at your destination? No I'm thinking.
spitthedog

Return to Travel