Khmer Passport and Visa Question

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Khmer Passport and Visa Question

Postby DD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:18 am

I have searched the internet trying to find out this info, different sites say different things about entry.

How much does a Cambodian Passport cost?

And

Do khmer nationals need a visa prior to arriving at Bangkok to get into Thailand for 3 days only?
Or can they get a visa on arrival at the airport like other countries.
If they need a visa first, do you know how much it costs and how long does it take to get one in Phnom Penh?

And
Same for Singapore do khmers need a visa first? If so how much?

Thankyou
DD
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Fox Mulder » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 am

I forget how much a passport costs but the price is different depending on how long you want them to take. Around $150 i think. It cost $18 for a 2 year extension. Thai Visa's must be gotten in advance, they currently cost $35 but will be free again after April 1st. Khmer's get free visa on arrival in Singapore.
Fox Mulder
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby DD » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:10 pm

How long does it take to get a Thai Visa approved once submitted?
I presume it is only done at the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh?

Does the khmer national have to personally go in and apply for the visa or could i take the passport down and apply for it on their behalf etc?
(Meant to be a Birthday Present dont want them to know at the moment)

Thanks
DD
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Fox Mulder » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

There is a travel shop next to kfc on Monivong. They charge $1 extra and can do all the leg work. Visa takes 2 days. You can take the passport and 1 photo there yourself. You may need a copy of the ID card as well. The passport holder does not need to go.
Fox Mulder
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby Phuket2006 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:07 pm

or if she/he does not have id card, a copy of the family book will do (also if u want apply for Passport)

passport is $150 in 30 days
$220 in 7 days
$280 in 3 days
Many places will do for u including the head guy at Immigration if u know someone there.

Note they will ask when she/he boards for return ticket when they fly to bangkok and Singapore
"We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer." HST
Phuket2006
EGO Sum Unus Per Penitus

Return to Questions and Answers