Cambodians traveling to South Korea

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Cambodians traveling to South Korea

Postby ocotillo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:05 am

According to the wikipedia page Cambodian passport holders are allowed to travel to South Korea, but only Jeju Island. Do they do atomic bomb testing on this island or something?
ocotillo
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: Cambodians traveling to South Korea

Postby Mèo Đen » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55 am

ocotillo wrote:According to the wikipedia page Cambodian passport holders are allowed to travel to South Korea, but only Jeju Island. Do they do atomic bomb testing on this island or something?

Cambodians can trave to South Korea, initially without a visa. There is a visa exemption for 60 days. Wife (Khmer)has occasionally travelled to South Korea in the past with her boss when she worked in Malaysia.
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:56 am

According to the Sth Korean MOFA website, Cambodian citizens are included in the Visa exemption agreement for stays of up to 60 days.

http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Penitus In Meus Brain , Universitas Tune

Postby karim » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:06 pm

ocotillo wrote:According to the wikipedia page Cambodian passport holders are allowed to travel to South Korea, but only Jeju Island. Do they do atomic bomb testing on this island or something?

on the contrary. it's one of the more beautiful places of the country where yuppies and artsy types of 30s and upwards have recently started a trend of relocating to.
i don't know what you wrote is true, there seems to be some complicated requirements for cambodians to enter south korea without a visa.
karim
I've got nothing better to do

Postby Ashok's Arrow » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:17 pm

Jeju Island is a honeymooner's paradise, they say there's a lot of howling going on at night but it's not any any canines! ;)

Dalat in Vietnam is the same (for locals), they have a huge flower festival in the cooler climate up there in Dalat, but it's also called the de-flowering capital of S. Vietnam with all the weddings, honeymoons, and Dutch orchids all around...
"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."

Albert Camus
Ashok's Arrow
I've got nothing better to do

Postby OrangeDragon » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:44 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:According to the Sth Korean MOFA website, Cambodian citizens are included in the Visa exemption agreement for stays of up to 60 days.

http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/visa/application/

That's only for diplomatic and official passport types... not tourists.
Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.
Robert H. Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette
OrangeDragon
KeepingItScobienz

Postby DetroitMuscle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Cambodians now need a tourist visa for anything outside of JeJu island.

We were told that if a Cambodian is holding an Active USA Visa in their passport, they DO NOT need a visa to S Korea. We were told by Korean embassy once that as long as we are flying into Korea on a Korean Owned airline+ Active USA Visa(she has, K1), we don't need a korean visa. They emailed me today explaining that if we are coming from Tokyo, Sophea will need a visa for S Korea. Bit of flip flopping on the embassy's behalf.
Anyone who doesn't like Capitalism is a pathetic loser. God bless the USA and no place else.
DetroitMuscle
I Fap to 440

Postby Miguelito » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:08 pm

How long can they travel to North Korea for?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby Conan the Mongol » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello,

Any updates on this?

Cambodians legally and of course, illegally working in S. Korea.

What does it take to legally work?
Mongol General: What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Mongol General: That is good!
Conan the Mongol
5 minutes to kill

Postby bartderks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:14 am

Many khmer working legally I Korea.

In the village where I lived many young people go study Korean and go work in Korea.

Salaries are very high 1500 dollar and up. (factory or cleaning jobs)
bartderks
I live above an internet cafe

Return to Questions and Answers