Are the Chinese taking over Sihanoukville?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Re: Are the Chinese taking over Sihanoukville?

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:59 am

Chinese are traditional very industrious and historically only second or equal to the Jewish, but much less persecuted. Also they can get really cheap loans and the government is very cash rich.

I read an article on China’s economy by an American who lived there. He said most western governments, think tanks and scholars all misunderstand the way the Chinese economy works because they look at it with prejudicial western values.

He said the Chinese economy will never fail.

Lets see!
My grief councilor recently died.
Because she did such a good job I didn’t give a shit.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby violet » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:45 pm

YaTingPom wrote:Chinese are traditional very industrious and historically only second or equal to the Jewish, but much less persecuted. Also they can get really cheap loans and the government is very cash rich.

I read an article on China’s economy by an American who lived there. He said most western governments, think tanks and scholars all misunderstand the way the Chinese economy works because they look at it with prejudicial western values.

Lets see!

Thanks.
I would be interested in learning more about how the Chinese economy works (without having to live there)
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:52 pm

violet wrote:
YaTingPom wrote:Chinese are traditional very industrious and historically only second or equal to the Jewish, but much less persecuted. Also they can get really cheap loans and the government is very cash rich.

Lets see!

Thanks.
I would be interested in learning more about how the Chinese economy works (without having to live there)

It was a quite in-depth article. I didn’t fully understand it but got the just.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby kansaicanuck » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:12 pm

I haven't seen with my own eyes their 'takeover' of Sihanoukville, but I have seen with my own eyes their takeover of Lucky Supermarket at Soriya mall on a Sunday.... Around noon is was almost shoulder to shoulder in there, had to be 90% Chinese.
kansaicanuck
I Am Losing It All to the Internet

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:32 pm

kansaicanuck wrote:I haven't seen with my own eyes their 'takeover' of Sihanoukville, but I have seen with my own eyes their takeover of Lucky Supermarket at Soriya mall on a Sunday.... Around noon is was almost shoulder to shoulder in there, had to be 90% Chinese.

Yeah, bloody Asians in Asia. Who’d of thunk it.

Surely it’d be shoulder to belly to shoulder, if you’re in there?
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby kansaicanuck » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:45 pm

YaTingPom wrote:
kansaicanuck wrote:I haven't seen with my own eyes their 'takeover' of Sihanoukville, but I have seen with my own eyes their takeover of Lucky Supermarket at Soriya mall on a Sunday.... Around noon is was almost shoulder to shoulder in there, had to be 90% Chinese.

I was making the observation that I had never seen so many Foreign Chinese customers shopping in Lucky, the same grocery store which I've shopped in for years and years. It was an observation - that's it. What does that have to do with Asians in Asia? Furthermore I didn't say bloody Chinese, which would have a negative connotation to it. If it came off that way, unintended.

What belly?
kansaicanuck

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 pm

kansaicanuck wrote:
YaTingPom wrote:

I was making the observation that I had never seen so many Foreign Chinese customers shopping in Lucky, the same grocery store which I've shopped in for years and years. It was an observation - that's it. What does that have to do with Asians in Asia? Furthermore I didn't say bloody Chinese, which would have a negative connotation to it. If it came off that way, unintended.

What belly?

So many woosh parrots so little time.
I bet you’re a hoot at parties.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby violet » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:53 pm

YaTingPom wrote:
violet wrote:

Lets see!

Thanks.

It was a quite in-depth article. I didn’t fully understand it but got the just.

Do you remember where ut was written, so i might try to find it?
violet
Suspicious Little Mad Woman

Postby kansaicanuck » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

YaTingPom wrote:
kansaicanuck wrote:
YaTingPom wrote:

What belly?

So many woosh parrots so little time.
I bet you’re a hoot at parties.

Let's just bro hug it out. I'm tired
kansaicanuck

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Brokeback mountaineers.
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Postby spitthedog » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:30 pm

Lets see!

They've got a debt to GDP figure bigger than even the U.S no?
I'm at my best in a pitch black room, hold on tight baby you'll feel the power soon.
spitthedog
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !

Postby YaTingPom » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:24 pm

spitthedog wrote:

Lets see!

They've got a debt to GDP figure bigger than even the U.S no?

Yes but it’s US debt.
Look at their ForEx funds, minus gold, 3 trillion dollars. USA 60 billion.

I’m not into conspiracy theorys (infowars) but, really...
YaTingPom
GoatFetishist

Previous

Return to Questions and Answers