• Advertisement
Karcher

Renewing Criminal Check letter

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby ricecakes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:21 am

I may have to renew my Criminal Clearance that was done back in March of 2016 .

It covers the entire time I lived in Cambodia and I left in May 2016 .

They are only valid for 3 months and this is stamped on the letter and comes out in a translation.

My fear is that when I present it the person asking for it is going to say " oh it says it is only valid for 3 months and was done on March 16 so you need to do a new one " which will be fucking retarded given I left and it covers my time there etc.

They may possibly also say " oh it does not reflect your current address "

Anyhoooooooo

Has anyone got any experience with updating an existing check so it has the current date ? address etc ?

Or doing a new one once you have left Cambodia and have no address there ??

thanks
Rated R for Ricecakes
User avatar
ricecakes
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 8597
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby ricecakes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Just rang Kim Luch who although very helpful in my own initial application , was a complete fuck up over my wife's subsequent as she lost the copy of a document that we subsequently took to Vietnam with us . She lied and lied about delays and after a 12 day express process hot two months and I flipped out she finally admitted her error.

Anyways...she offered to assist but " you will need a new rental contract in Phnom Penh and I can help at Sangkat to fudge one but how much you want to pay - it expensive"

I told her i wanted one that simply says exactly the same except changes my current address to HANOI VIETNAM and then dates it whenever it is done in Dec 17 to make it "current" "no can"

:axe:
Rated R for Ricecakes
User avatar
ricecakes
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 8597
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby gavinmac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:59 pm

That's surprising, Ms. Kim Luch comes highly recommended from ultra-knowledgeable Khmer440 posters who are great judges of character:

ricecakes wrote:On one of the threads about this there was the name of a lady officer at the ministry. I think it was Kim Luch from memory. She was incredibly helpful when I got mine under a short time frame.

One thing to note...the ministry only excepts the residency letter in a very specific format. The sangkat I used had a proforma one but it was not exactly the way it had to be and was rejected by the ministry. My advice is to go to the ministry and see kim luch first. She will give you the exact letter that the sangkat can then copy.



scobienz wrote:Ricecakes is spot on. She is excellent. I sought her out - she's the only lady in the office who speaks English - and she is very helpful


ricecakes wrote:I wanted to slide her some cash she was so professional, helpful and nice. A real rarity. In fact....the only official I have ever come across in Cambodia who was like this. In the end I never did because I genuinely got the feeling she might have been offended. I should have bought her some flowers or something.



ricecakes wrote:A khmer citizen requires ;

1. Original and copy of birth certificate
2. Copy of Family book
3. Copy of National ID
4. Copy of passport if they have one
5. 1 photo

No address required.

The above 5 requirements are NON NEGOTABLE and trust me I tried as we did not have the wif'e original birth cert which is in Hanoi. The ever helpful Kim Luch rang the director who signs off and despite me waving a large wad of cash at them, they could not facilitate without the original.

.................

Kim Luch dead set must be the most amazing public service employee in Cambodia. She made calls, took calls and met us on her own time for which I was very grateful and this time i made sure I left her with a toke of appreciation$.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19610
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby ricecakes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:09 pm

gavinmac wrote:That's surprising, Ms. Kim Luch comes highly recommended from ultra-knowledgeable Khmer440 posters who are great judges of character:

ricecakes wrote:On one of the threads about this there was the name of a lady officer at the ministry. I think it was Kim Luch from memory. She was incredibly helpful when I got mine under a short time frame.

One thing to note...the ministry only excepts the residency letter in a very specific format. The sangkat I used had a proforma one but it was not exactly the way it had to be and was rejected by the ministry. My advice is to go to the ministry and see kim luch first. She will give you the exact letter that the sangkat can then copy.



scobienz wrote:Ricecakes is spot on. She is excellent. I sought her out - she's the only lady in the office who speaks English - and she is very helpful


ricecakes wrote:I wanted to slide her some cash she was so professional, helpful and nice. A real rarity. In fact....the only official I have ever come across in Cambodia who was like this. In the end I never did because I genuinely got the feeling she might have been offended. I should have bought her some flowers or something.



ricecakes wrote:A khmer citizen requires ;

1. Original and copy of birth certificate
2. Copy of Family book
3. Copy of National ID
4. Copy of passport if they have one
5. 1 photo

No address required.

The above 5 requirements are NON NEGOTABLE and trust me I tried as we did not have the wif'e original birth cert which is in Hanoi. The ever helpful Kim Luch rang the director who signs off and despite me waving a large wad of cash at them, they could not facilitate without the original.

.................

Kim Luch dead set must be the most amazing public service employee in Cambodia. She made calls, took calls and met us on her own time for which I was very grateful and this time i made sure I left her with a toke of appreciation$.


Shut the fuck up cock breath.

She clearly had a bad day on my last one as after my last post the wheels came of her wagon big time
Rated R for Ricecakes
User avatar
ricecakes
I Fap to 440
 
Posts: 8597
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby gavinmac » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:26 pm

ricecakes wrote:Shut the fuck up cock breath.



Just let me enjoy this. Ricecakes declares everything he experiences to be amazing, gavinmac mocks him for that, then ricecakes comes back to announce that his most amazing public service employee in Cambodia is a total lying fuck up.

Maybe you didn't tip her enough last time.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19610
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby Sublime » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:33 pm

This is clearly yet another reason you should never move to Cambodia.
User avatar
Sublime
I have some social problems
 
Posts: 506
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby LexusSchmexus » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:10 pm

I've heard that fixers in Hanoi and Manila are way better.
User avatar
LexusSchmexus
Damn, I just saw my Internet Bill !
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby sociopath » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Sublime wrote:This is clearly yet another reason you should never move to Cambodia.


i see a more practical solution, nuke the UN, for they are hell bent on creating a world that consist solely of illegal immigrants and refugees to facilitate their human trafficker lackeys
User avatar
sociopath
I live above an internet cafe
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby chkwoot » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:30 am

sociopath wrote:i see a more practical solution, nuke the UN, for they are hell bent on creating a world that consist solely of illegal immigrants and refugees to facilitate their human trafficker lackeys


I'm a little closer to figuring out who's sock puppet you are. Can anyone help?


And how does ricecakes know that gav has cock breath? Just askin.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
User avatar
chkwoot
Bark plop plop bark woof woof
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm
Location: is everything

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby Gin&Tonic » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:53 am

For what it's worth.
In 2014 I applied, outside of Cambodia, for a criminal record check through the Ministry of Justice. It was only processed for the time I was resident in Cambodia having departed in 2011. It listed my current address as my address at the time in Australia. Unless the process has changed you could presumably lodge the same documents that you had previously lodged and be granted a new document however it would only cover the dates that you were resident.
I used a legal service to act on my behalf to ensure the integrity of the documents however I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to do yourself. Nothing extra was paid to the Ministry over the official fees so it did take some time to process.
User avatar
Gin&Tonic
Internet Addiction: it is real
 
Posts: 4180
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:46 am

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby crazyjohn » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:46 am

Mrs Kim Luch is a complete fuckwit. She shares this trait with the girls at the Raz Immigration Service.
crazyjohn
I've got nothing better to do
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:32 am

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby gavinmac » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:52 am

crazyjohn wrote:Mrs Kim Luch is a complete fuckwit. She shares this trait with the girls at the Raz Immigration Service.


No way. She's amaaaazing.
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
User avatar
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003
 
Posts: 19610
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby chkwoot » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 am

crazyjohn wrote:Mrs Kim Luch is a complete fuckwit. She shares this trait with the girls at the Raz Immigration Service.

What about Raz?
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
User avatar
chkwoot
Bark plop plop bark woof woof
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:07 pm
Location: is everything

Re: Renewing Criminal Check letter

Postby The third man » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:52 am

crazyjohn wrote:Mrs Kim Luch is a complete fuckwit. She shares this trait with the girls at the Raz Immigration Service.

You have any facts or real evidence to support that claim about raz'business or are you talking out of your ass?
User avatar
The third man
New Sheriff in Town
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:28 pm


Return to Questions and Answers




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ean, LaudJohn, redhooligan and 76 guests