Is it illegal to give away meds that are OTC here?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Is it illegal to give away meds that are OTC here?

Postby johntpartee » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Sounds like a stupid question, but I'm talking about diazepam. I'm leaving for Mexico in a couple of days and last time I was there, it was OTC. Now it's controlled and I can't take it with me. I have quite a few and I'm going to throw them away......
johntpartee
I live above an internet cafe

Re: Is it illegal to give away meds that are OTC here?

Postby JimSocks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:20 pm

its no problem. ppl take it as sleep aids here.
JimSocks
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby johntpartee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 am

Thanks.
johntpartee

Postby rgrowden » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am

There's a correlation between taking diazepam and Alzheimer's. New study, out a couple of months ago. I used to take them, occasionally, as a sleep aid. Now I wouldn't touch the stuff. Take heed.
rgrowden
I have some social problems

Postby johntpartee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:09 am

Yeah, there are several conflicting opinions about the effects of long-term use of diazepam. I've been plagued with insomnia my entire life and for a couple of years I was taking temazapam; great sleep aid, but highly addictive. I switched to diazepam about ten years ago and have been taking 10mg pretty much every night and have never developed a tolerance nor an addiction (as near as I can tell; when I don't take them, I just go back to the same old insomnia). I'm now 64 years old and have not noticed any cognitive or physical problems.
johntpartee

Postby Blue Dragon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:33 am

The first sign of Alzheimer's - not noticing any cognitive or physical problems.
Blue Dragon
5 minutes to kill

Postby johntpartee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:17 pm

I know you're joking, bro, but I've had complete physicals almost every year for the last ten years and breezed through with a clean bill of health. In 2012 a doctor in Mexico City told me "Whatever you're doing, keep doing it" (I pulled out my cigarettes and acted like I was going to light up). So....physically I guess I'm doing okay; as far as my mental health, I'm the first to admit that I have occasional "senior moments"...
johntpartee

Postby rgrowden » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Just a suggestion, but you could start using turmeric plus pepper every day. I do - I put it in tomato juice. Might stop those senior moments, and help prevent plaque accumulation in the brain, which is associated with Alzheimers.
rgrowden

Postby gavinmac » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:24 pm

johntpartee wrote: I'm now 64 years old and have not noticed any cognitive or physical problems.

johntpartee wrote: So....physically I guess I'm doing okay; as far as my mental health, I'm the first to admit that I have occasional "senior moments"...
Follow my lame Twitter feed: @gavin_mac
gavinmac
Making Khmer girls cry since 2003

Postby scoffer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:08 pm

rgrowden wrote:Just a suggestion, but you could start using turmeric plus pepper every day. I do - I put it in tomato juice. Might stop those senior moments, and help prevent plaque accumulation in the brain, which is associated with Alzheimers.

How much turmeric and pepper in each serving ?
I refuse to go out with nothing more than a whimper followed by a small farting sound and a shit stain on my bed sheets..
Just thought I'd share that with you.
scoffer
Tech Ninja / Kangaroo Baiter

Postby RainMan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:43 pm

scoffer wrote:
rgrowden wrote:Just a suggestion, but you could start using turmeric plus pepper every day. I do - I put it in tomato juice. Might stop those senior moments, and help prevent plaque accumulation in the brain, which is associated with Alzheimers.

How much turmeric and pepper in each serving ?

Turmeric on it's own, just add a teaspoon to dishes or tomato juice (which I found to be the best mixer) and pepper has been found to increase turmeric potency by a large amount, they still don't know why this occurs. Just a sprinkle of pepper should do.
Data base here;
https://nutritionfacts.org/
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby rgrowden » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:53 pm

Absolutely correct. Curcumin, a component in pepper, increases the time that the active ingredient in turmeric is absorbed - by up to 1000%, in an article I read. I put maybe a teaspoon of turmeric plus a dash of pepper per litre of juice. As much as you can tolerate. Also I eat Indian daal twice a week. Indian dishes, notably the yellow ones, contain turmeric and pepper.
rgrowden

Postby RainMan » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:02 pm

Yes, i did read 1000% but wasn't too sure. Great for Arthritis as well, which was initially why I started using...still can't do back flips though.
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby johntpartee » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:42 pm

My reference to "senior moments" was facetious; I've been forgetting things occasionally since I was a child. Everybody does. Anybody who says they haven't is forgetting the things that they forgot....
johntpartee

Postby scoffer » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:06 pm

johntpartee wrote:My reference to "senior moments" was facetious; I've been forgetting things occasionally since I was a child. Everybody does. Anybody who says they haven't is forgetting the things that they forgot....

Umm, Err, Oh Shit,
I forgot what I was replying to.
Senior moments happen to all of us.
Errr, what was I talking about.
Dam that cauliflower looks good,
What did you say about my wife !!

Cheers. :)
I refuse to go out with nothing more than a whimper followed by a small farting sound and a shit stain on my bed sheets..
Just thought I'd share that with you.
scoffer
Tech Ninja / Kangaroo Baiter

Next

Return to Questions and Answers