Quality Chocolate available?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:26 pm

My mum in law brought $200 of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to take back to Cambodia because cannot buy good quality chocolate in Cambodia apparently. Is she telling the truth?
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby logos » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Quite a few convenience stores and super duper sell good European chocolate, mostly French . Better than that ferrero crap.
User avatar
logos
WankPoodle
 
Posts: 6312
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:35 pm

logos wrote:Quite a few convenience stores and super duper sell good European chocolate, mostly French . Better than that ferrero crap.

Belgium chocolatiers are the best in the World.
Last edited by Jep on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Miguelito » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Jep you just asked about this before Easter:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59621&p=924214

Did you ever check out The Shop on 240?
User avatar
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge
 
Posts: 4828
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Location: Penh's Hill

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:44 pm

Miguelito wrote:Jep you just asked about this before Easter:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=59621&p=924214

Did you ever check out The Shop on 240?

Yes, no, I had someone go there for me as I was 13,000kms away. Easter 2017.Easter eggs and bums Thanks Miggles.
This is a different thread and different question.
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:11 pm

Jep wrote:My mum in law brought $200 of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to take back to Cambodia because cannot buy good quality chocolate in Cambodia apparently. Is she telling the truth?


Ferrero Rocher available in Thai Huot and Lucky's

Image
User avatar
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Mèo Đen wrote:
Jep wrote:My mum in law brought $200 of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to take back to Cambodia because cannot buy good quality chocolate in Cambodia apparently. Is she telling the truth?


Ferrero Rocher available in Thai Huot and Lucky's

Image

Meo Den, that's it, she brought exactly them. 12 in a box,many boxes $8.00 NZ each,thats about $5.00 USD. How much in Cambodia?
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Mèo Đen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Jep wrote:
Mèo Đen wrote:
Jep wrote:My mum in law brought $200 of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to take back to Cambodia because cannot buy good quality chocolate in Cambodia apparently. Is she telling the truth?


Ferrero Rocher available in Thai Huot and Lucky's

Image

Meo Den, that's it, she brought exactly them. 12 in a box,many boxes $8.00 NZ each,thats about $5.00 USD. How much in Cambodia?

The box in the picture has 16 chocolates and costs $6.50 at Thai Huot, bit more at Lucky's.
User avatar
Mèo Đen
I Can Haz Catz ?
 
Posts: 3447
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Hanno » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:43 pm

Quality Chocolate available everywhere, including Ferrero, Ritter Sport, Lindt, and another very good brand that I just cannot recall the name at the moment. At least in Temple Town (Thai Huot).
"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than airplanes."

Charles Lindbergh
User avatar
Hanno
The Internet is my Only Friend
 
Posts: 7004
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:07 pm
Location: Siem Reap

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Just Robbed » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:43 am

Ferrero Rocher is hardly quality chocolate even if they do serve it at the ambassador's reception. Cadbury is better and available at Thai Huot.
Just Robbed
I Am Losing It All to the Internet
 
Posts: 1471
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:11 am

Just Robbed wrote:Ferrero Rocher is hardly quality chocolate even if they do serve it at the ambassador's reception. Cadbury is better and available at Thai Huot.

I agree, Cadbury is better but mother in law wont have a bar of that. Her thinking is Ferrero Rocher costs more so is obviously better.
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Jep » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:30 am

Mèo Đen wrote:
Jep wrote:
Mèo Đen wrote:
Jep wrote:My mum in law brought $200 of Ferrero Rocher chocolate to take back to Cambodia because cannot buy good quality chocolate in Cambodia apparently. Is she telling the truth?


Ferrero Rocher available in Thai Huot and Lucky's

Image

Meo Den, that's it, she brought exactly them. 12 in a box,many boxes $8.00 NZ each,thats about $5.00 USD. How much in Cambodia?

The box in the picture has 16 chocolates and costs $6.50 at Thai Huot, bit more at Lucky's.

Thank You Meo Den.
just checked, 16 in her's also, not 12.
User avatar
Jep
K440 Knight Commander
 
Posts: 4327
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Re: Quality Chocolate available?

Postby Absentmindedprofessor » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:20 am

cote d'or was available a while back, i believe at thai huot. (it's belgian chocolate afaik)
Absentmindedprofessor
I've got internet at work
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:04 am


Return to Questions and Answers




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crackers, electrolime, ferd54, kansaicanuck, pedros and 85 guests