What foreign languages are most useful in Cambodia?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Re: What foreign languages are most useful in Cambodia?

Postby Ot Mean Loi » Sat May 05, 2018 4:40 am

For pedros

Exact location - - - WALSALL.

OML
Ot Mean Loi
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby pedros » Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 am

Yam alroit then. As my old aunty Gladys (lived on Stephenson Avenue) told me once 'The black country aiint Birmingham, our Payter, the brummies are the big excioting city living faolk'.

Plenty of brawn sandwiches and cups of tea on my childhood trips up from south worcestershire. Yamyams are a funny breed, have found memories of my uncle Billy, Walsall born and bred. Even as a 90 year old he was cracking jokes in the black country humour.

When oi was fishin down the canal, oi caught a whale!

A whale? what did you do?

Oi threw him back in. Had now spoakes in.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Ot Mean Loi » Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am

I'm very thankful that I made the decision to leave Walsall and the UK and come to Australia at age 20 as soon as I got out of the British army. Completely changed my life did that decision. Last went back for my mother's funeral in 1997 and will never go back again.
Black country was aptly named because of the density of heavy industries not because of the skin colour of the population pre-ablutions.

It was never "Canal" in my days - always the "cut", many of which were still in active use and the barges drawn by stocky horses.
A friends elder brother was a cut Lock Keeper for a while when he came back from then compulsory national service in Kenya.

No nostalgia at all on my part for my place of birth and early years. Glad to have found a new life in a vibrant multi-cultural country and city.

OML
Ot Mean Loi
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Previous

Return to Questions and Answers