Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Postby raendi » Tue May 29, 2018 4:08 pm

Is there application form to be fill?
If have can we find this from internet?
Pardon my engrish, thanks you.
raendi
I need professional help

Re: Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed May 30, 2018 12:07 am

1. Yes
2. No
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby chkwoot » Wed May 30, 2018 8:21 am

raendi wrote:Is there application form to be fill?
If have can we find this from internet?

Please post details of your experiences if you try to do this. Too many people ask for advice, but never follow up. Don't be one of those.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
chkwoot
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby RainMan » Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

The shop where I applied for my 1 yr printed the form up and added my info (name, phone number and residence), I just had to sign it.
So I would guess the DoI would do the same for you.
Never mind.
I'm not very smart...but I can lift heavy things.
RainMan
K440 Defender of the Faith

Postby raendi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:10 am

Yesterday i make this visa extension here in PNH.
I have sole proprietorship-business and based this i've asked 1yr extension.
1st trip in the morning i missed one document, it was tax license. Also all copies must have company stamp to prove they're copies from original.
2nd trip afternoon was success and extension (they speak visa) should be ready after 3 weeks. My old "visa" expires after 2 weeks but that's ok since passport have been leave already in process.

They didn't show any list of required documents, here's all they take from me:
- Employment certification
- Company license
- Company tax license
- Company extract
- Work permit
- Police residence certificate
I'm sure these are not all mandatory, but i have copies (with stamp) so they take all in.
- 1x Photo
- Passport
- Application form

Price 180$.
They give copy of application form (with stamps and signatures) back as permanent id-document replacing passport.

Easy to go there, it's opposite airport train station and bus station.
raendi
I need professional help

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:15 am

Congrats, and thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear they didn't charge you the "agents price".
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi

Postby chkwoot » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:17 am

raendi wrote:Yesterday i make this visa extension here in PNH.
I have sole proprietorship-business and based this i've asked 1yr extension.
1st trip in the morning i missed one document, it was tax license. Also all copies must have company stamp to prove they're copies from original.
2nd trip afternoon was success and extension (they speak visa) should be ready after 3 weeks. My old "visa" expires after 2 weeks but that's ok since passport have been leave already in process.

They didn't show any list of required documents, here's all they take from me:
- Employment certification
- Company license
- Company tax license
- Company extract
- Work permit
- Police residence certificate
I'm sure these are not all mandatory, but i have copies (with stamp) so they take all in.
- 1x Photo
- Passport
- Application form

Price 180$.
They give copy of application form (with stamps and signatures) back as permanent id-document replacing passport.

Easy to go there, it's opposite airport train station and bus station.

Thank you! Good job!
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
chkwoot
Wibble Wibble ?!?

Postby ricecakes » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm

raendi wrote:I have sole proprietorship-business WHAT DOES THIS MEAN - YOU ARE THE ONLY EMPLOYEE ?

- Employment certification IF YOUR A SOLE EMPLOYEE WHAT DID YOU DO ? WRITE A LETTER FOR YOURSELF ???? :eyes:
- Work permit PER ABOVE - YOU WROTE A LETTER SAYING YOU WERE EMPLOYING YOURSELF ?
- Police residence certificate - I GUESS YOU MEAN SANGKAT RESIDENCY LETTER >

See above questions.
how much is it to set up a sole proprietorship ?
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby raendi » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:38 pm

I have sole proprietorship-business WHAT DOES THIS MEAN - YOU ARE THE ONLY EMPLOYEE ?
Yes, there's also second option after this it's "partnership", that's for two person company (i don't know do another have to be cambodian?). After these two option comes real companies.

- Employment certification IF YOUR A SOLE EMPLOYEE WHAT DID YOU DO ? WRITE A LETTER FOR YOURSELF ???? :eyes:
Yes correct, CEO (me) certified behalf of company that i'm working there :mrgreen:

- Work permit PER ABOVE - YOU WROTE A LETTER SAYING YOU WERE EMPLOYING YOURSELF ?
Doesn't need write any letters, fill WP application and get all necessary documents.

Yes, that's same.

10$ Company name reservation
75$ Company registration
105$ Company tax registration
= 190$
+yearly license fee, depend what profession you are working.
raendi
I need professional help

Postby ricecakes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:43 am

raendi wrote:I have sole proprietorship-business WHAT DOES THIS MEAN - YOU ARE THE ONLY EMPLOYEE ?
Yes, there's also second option after this it's "partnership", that's for two person company (i don't know do another have to be cambodian?). After these two option comes real companies.

Yes correct, CEO (me) certified behalf of company that i'm working there :mrgreen:

Doesn't need write any letters, fill WP application and get all necessary documents.

Yes, that's same.

75$ Company registration
= 190$

Ok so what am i missing here ?

Isn't this a workaround for all of us that might want to live in cambodia one day full time without working and without retiring ?
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 am

ricecakes wrote:

Yes, that's same.

75$ Company registration
= 190$

Isn't this a workaround for all of us that might want to live in cambodia one day full time without working and without retiring ?

I think you are missing that if it is a phantom business then you won’t be able to do monthly tax returns. I guess for any subsequent renewals you’ll have to demonstrate that you are paying tax.
A business with only foreign staff that isn’t paying tax. Can’t see them getting away with that for too long.
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Postby Miguelito » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:16 am

ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:
ricecakes wrote:

Yes, that's same.

75$ Company registration
= 190$

I think you are missing that if it is a phantom business then you won’t be able to do monthly tax returns. I guess for any subsequent renewals you’ll have to demonstrate that you are paying tax.
A business with only foreign staff that isn’t paying tax. Can’t see them getting away with that for too long.

What if you register as a small business (tax exempt up to $62,500), or just create a new company each year?
Miguelito
HeadClownInCharge

Postby ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 am

Miguelito wrote:
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ wrote:
ricecakes wrote:

Yes, that's same.

75$ Company registration
= 190$

What if you register as a small business (tax exempt up to $62,500), or just create a new company each year?

I don’t know - it sounds stupid enough that it might work.
Saying that, I know a friend who had a small NGO type business. He had to pay a hefty tax (I think) bill to wind up the company when he wanted to leave the country.
I can’t imagine 440 members being able to register a new business each year when they have a handful of live but dormant businesses already.

You should try it and report back. That might be more useful to 440 readers than a report on the lightness of the foie gras at the latest high end restaurant :-)
ផោមក្លិនស្អុយ
A Moment of Clarity

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:04 am

Recent reports are that foreign owner sole proprieterships must now register for the medium size business tax rate and are no longer eligible for the small business tax rate.

Not yet confirmed as true, or just scare mongering by Anthony Galliano.
PSD_Kiwi

Postby ricecakes » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 am

God fuck me dead can we have a K visa for legally married spouses please.
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Next

Return to Questions and Answers