Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Re: Visa extension at Department of Immigration

Postby ricecakes » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:44 pm

billy is a finn.
Rated R for Ricecakes
ricecakes
I Fap to 440

Postby billythekid » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Must be, ricecakes and playboy, but I get usually only drunk at home, telling stories to my wife and not to strangers!!!
billythekid
I live above an internet cafe

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:52 pm

billythekid wrote:My visa in my passport used to be a BF.... and is the last 3 years a CF type. I was never involved in any paper-work (just signing), my Khmer wife does that for me. I live in Cambodia without a break for the last 19 years. How much is cost is none of your business, it sais "gratis". Who cares what type of visa it is as long as I have my peace and quiet.

So you previously had the B-type Visa which was for NGOs, you now have the C-type Courtesy visa which is the visa type most NGOs are on now, this visa type is also available to foreign spouses of Cambodian Government officials.

Seems like you're wife is connected....lucky for you as these Visa types are not available to the average foreigner.

Like I said though, you don't have a Spouse Visa because there is in fact no such visa type.

Edit to add: the letter "F" in the Visa serial number indicates that the Visa is issued by the MoFAIC (either in Country or through an Embassy abroad, EF123456, CF123456, etc.), not the GDoI (visas issued by the GDoI will have the letter "I" in the serial number ie. EI123456, KI123456,TI123456,etc)
Last edited by PSD_Kiwi on Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby Playboy » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:54 pm

billythekid wrote:Must be, ricecakes and playboy, but I get usually only drunk at home, telling stories to my wife and not to strangers!!!
Well the Finn to whom I was speaking is not a stranger, I have known him for several years, so I guess there must be more than one Finn lurking around the bars ... :-)
"We, the sons of John Company, have arrived"
Playboy
Play[ing hard to get]boy

Postby tsuyoshi » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:38 am

PSD_Kiwi wrote:
billythekid wrote:My visa in my passport used to be a BF.... and is the last 3 years a CF type. I was never involved in any paper-work (just signing), my Khmer wife does that for me. I live in Cambodia without a break for the last 19 years. How much is cost is none of your business, it sais "gratis". Who cares what type of visa it is as long as I have my peace and quiet.

So you previously had the B-type Visa which was for NGOs, you now have the C-type Courtesy visa which is the visa type most NGOs are on now, this visa type is also available to foreign spouses of Cambodian Government officials.

Seems like you're wife is connected....lucky for you as these Visa types are not available to the average foreigner.

Like I said though, you don't have a Spouse Visa because there is in fact no such visa type.

Edit to add: the letter "F" in the Visa serial number indicates that the Visa is issued by the MoFAIC (either in Country or through an Embassy abroad, EF123456, CF123456, etc.), not the GDoI (visas issued by the GDoI will have the letter "I" in the serial number ie. EI123456, KI123456,TI123456,etc)

Any idea what is required for the C visa? My wife used to work for the government, and her mother is some kind of provincial official for the Ministry of Education (she basically runs all the schools in one small province). Pretty much all of my in-laws work for the government, although they are not high-ranking (e.g. not a single one of them owns a Lexus). Wondering if I could possibly get this visa.
tsuyoshi
440 newbie - handle with care

Previous

Return to Questions and Answers