German Tv looks for German or European people in Cambodia

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

German Tv looks for German or European people in Cambodia

Postby davidanielr » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:22 am

Hi folks,

My name is David. I live in Phnom Penh.

I am producing a TV documentary for a German TV network, that might possibly happen soon, about "Gold Mining in Cambodia".

We're looking for German (or European, but preferably German) people somehow connected to the gold mining activity in Cambodia, e.g.: mine owners, traders, jewelry store owners, etc.

Please, contact me if you are or know someone else who might be the person we're searching for.

Vielen Dank.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

My WhatsApp is +855 17 873-431.

Aufwiedersehen!
davidanielr
440 newbie - handle with care

Re: German Tv looks for German or European people in Cambodia

Postby Spigzy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:45 am

Can't help but think you'd get a better response if the title were Gold Digging in Cambodia ... :-)
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Spigzy
Hoff FanBoy

Postby crazyjohn » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Not much gold to be found except at the Central Market. I think the Indians have the only working gold mine. He should ask that Australian who chairs the Minerals Council or whatever its called. Richard Stanger.
crazyjohn
I've got internet at work

Postby tombraider » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Germans in Cambodia? Well, there is this gentleman who is currently free for interviews

https://cne.wtf/2018/09/18/homeless-ger ... migration/

and then there is Manfred, who collects precious things (well cans) near Wat Saravan

and of course the now departed Robert Schmalor, who excavated a few tunnels when he was here http://www.khmer440.com/k/2018/03/the-c ... schmalohr/
tombraider
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Postby Alex » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:56 pm

So you're looking for a German gold mine owner in Cambodia. I wonder how many there might be.
Alex
Bark plop plop bark woof woof

Postby ReasonstobefearfulP3 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:27 pm

Is this the same company that was looking for German farmers in Cambodia?

I have a rather unusual request.

We are commissioned by one of the major European TV networks to produce an international prime-time program and are therefore looking for German-speaking agriculturists in Asia.

We are looking for German expatriates or people with German origins that work in agriculture (especially winegrower) who are single and looking for a partner.

If this one didn't get a good response I can't imagine an even more niche request would.
ReasonstobefearfulP3
I live above an internet cafe

Postby crazyjohn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Good one Tom. This must be a practical joke surely.
crazyjohn
I've got internet at work

Postby Visser » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:56 pm

ReasonstobefearfulP3 wrote:Is this the same company that was looking for German farmers in Cambodia?

I have a rather unusual request.

We are commissioned by one of the major European TV networks to produce an international prime-time program and are therefore looking for German-speaking agriculturists in Asia.

We are looking for German expatriates or people with German origins that work in agriculture (especially winegrower) who are single and looking for a partner.

If this one didn't get a good response I can't imagine an even more niche request would.

This was probably for the German version of " Farmer searches for wife"

https://www.rtl.de/cms/sendungen/bauer-sucht-frau.html
None but ourselves can free our mind.
Visser
I Have Not Been Outside in a Week

Postby Lucky Lucan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 pm

Alex wrote:So you're looking for a German gold mine owner in Cambodia. I wonder how many there might be.

ReasonstobefearfulP3 wrote:If this one didn't get a good response I can't imagine an even more niche request would.

The original posts were looking for a single German farmer, it later expanded to miners and finally other nationalities. The idea was that six German women would fly out and compete for the Farmer/miner's attention and there would eventually be a winner, and they'd get to live happily ever after in the back arse of Rattanakiri or wherever. If that isn't the most random shit ever I don't know what is. :-? :-?
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby upstage » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Probably people drinking Ganzberg expecting to win the millions of Riels qualify as "germans digging gold"
Why would I care? I'm Khmer
upstage
I have Cheap Mobile Internet

Return to Questions and Answers