Current cambodia passport requirements?

Here is the place to post any simple or complex questions you may have about any aspect of life in Cambodia and beyond without fear of being told 'That question has been asked 100 times before.'

Current cambodia passport requirements?

Postby twiceayear » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has recent experience with what is being required for a new Cambodia passport for a baby (4 months old). His mother is Khmer and we live here in Cambodia (he was born in Cambodia). We've got the local Khmer birth certificate for him.

We successfully obtained a Cambodia passport for our 1st son a few years ago with his mother's ID card, her original birth certificate, and his Khmer birth certificate.

I called to check current requirements and was told:

"Cannot receive a passport for the child until 5 years old due to parents not being married."

I don't believe this could be correct. We are going to be on Phnom Penh on Monday and will go to the passport office with same documents we took the last time - but thought it was worth asking if anyone had a recent experience and could share the documents requrested.

Thank you.
twiceayear
5 minutes to kill

Re: Current cambodia passport requirements?

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Bullshit...absolutely no requirement for parents to be married! Try at the main PP office first as opposed to the Aeon 2 PP office.

Same documents required, no change.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi
Internet Addiction: it is real

Postby twiceayear » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks for the reply - that was my thought also. We'll give it a go on Monday.
twiceayear
5 minutes to kill

Postby Lucky Lucan » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:55 pm

This is nonsense. There is a field for the mother, a field for the father, and below that one for the child. The parent's status has nothing to do with it.
Romantic Cambodia is dead and gone. It's with McKinley in the grave.
Lucky Lucan
K440 Knight Captain

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 pm

It's been a common issue lately for foreigner/Khmer couples when applying for their kids passports at Aeon 2, no issues at the main pp office in Chbar Ampouv though.
A lot of people like to fool you and say that you’re not smart if you never went to college, but common sense rules over everything. That’s what I learned from selling crack. -Snoop Dogg
PSD_Kiwi

Postby Blodwyn » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:It's been a common issue lately for foreigner/Khmer couples when applying for their kids passports at Aeon 2, no issues at the main pp office in Chbar Ampouv though.

Sounds a bit off. I went for an ER extension at Angkor travel on 51 last week, and at first, after a 5 min phone call, they said need a work permit for an ER. After dealing with that rubbish, they then said we don't give ER extensions here. I'm 58.
Annoying.
Blodwyn
5 minutes to kill

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Blodwyn wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote:It's been a common issue lately for foreigner/Khmer couples when applying for their kids passports at Aeon 2, no issues at the main pp office in Chbar Ampouv though.

Sounds a bit off. I went for an ER extension at Angkor travel on 51 last week, and at first, after a 5 min phone call, they said need a work permit for an ER. After dealing with that rubbish, they then said we don't give ER extensions here. I'm 58.
Annoying.

What do ER EOS's have to do with Cambodian passports? Anyway, sounds like the agent you were using is a clueless mong, go to a different agent. 55+ No supporting documentation required for an ER...and definitely not a WP :facepalm:
PSD_Kiwi

Postby pedros » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:27 pm

My experience from a few months ago...

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=63547&hilit=passport+pedros

Used Lucky Lucky, as always.
Under threat of legal action
pedros
I'm on 3000; na na, na na na

Postby Equinix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:41 pm

twiceayear wrote:Thanks for the reply - that was my thought also. We'll give it a go on Monday.
Try Tuesday

Monday is yet another holiday =)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norodom_Sihanouk#Death
Equinix
5 minutes to kill

Postby Blodwyn » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:57 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:
Blodwyn wrote:

Annoying.

What do ER EOS's have to do with Cambodian passports? Anyway, sounds like the agent you were using is a clueless mong, go to a different agent. 55+ No supporting documentation required for an ER...and definitely not a WP :facepalm:

I did quote you to them, but they said they'd never heard of you.

Sorry to derail your topic. My post was in response to the fact that "agents" do weird things at times : such as my experience and the other posters one in Aeon 2. Is it getting worse?

Never had any problems with the travel agents 're visa extensions until about a year ago.
Went to Lucky Lucky at first. They said I needed an employment letter, as I was considering getting the business visa/ extension. I then went back with the letter from my new employer, and they added "need work permit too". New rules they said, but not since I went in there the last time.

It turned out that if I had a new job but didn't have the work permit yet, I had to leave the country ( and unfortunately job) to get a new business visa. All this because they couldn't change to a business visa from an EG.
So, I went and came back and decided to just get the retirement visa instead because of the work permit thing. All fine, but Lucky Lucky wanted me to pay the full money upfront. I was so disgusted as I have never been asked that ever in around 7 years, I Just walked out and went to Angkor. I ended up with a 6 months EG. Which is OK because I'll have left for good before it runs out with luck.
Blodwyn
5 minutes to kill

Postby batshitcrazyweirdo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Blodwyn wrote:
PSD_Kiwi wrote:
Blodwyn wrote:

Annoying.

I did quote you to them, but they said they'd never heard of you.

Sorry to derail your topic. My post was in response to the fact that "agents" do weird things at times : such as my experience and the other posters one in Aeon 2. Is it getting worse?

Never had any problems with the travel agents 're visa extensions until about a year ago.

Went to Lucky Lucky at first. They said I needed an employment letter, as I was considering getting the business visa/ extension. I then went back with the letter from my new employer, and they added "need work permit too". New rules they said, but not since I went in there the last time.

It turned out that if I had a new job but didn't have the work permit yet, I had to leave the country ( and unfortunately job) to get a new business visa. All this because they couldn't change to a business visa from an EG.
So, I went and came back and decided to just get the retirement visa instead because of the work permit thing. All fine, but Lucky Lucky wanted me to pay the full money upfront. I was so disgusted as I have never been asked that ever in around 7 years, I Just walked out and went to Angkor. I ended up with a 6 months EG. Which is OK because I'll have left for good before it runs out with luck.

Old chap, yer all ova the place with no direction. Look like a compass with a magnet near it. Plenty of threads on here to read up. First read it all. Jus sayin.

All agents are scammers, unless they just charge a normal fee for visa or other stuff. Pick yer best scammer agent.

I love bitches, n rehabilitate witches.
batshitcrazyweirdo
Batshit Crazy Weirdo

Postby PSD_Kiwi » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:28 pm

I actually agree with Batshit
PSD_Kiwi

Postby Jep » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm

PSD_Kiwi wrote:I actually agree with Batshit

Shut Up and shoot him,,if he survives, shoot the bastard again. That's a Direct Order.
Jep
K440 Knight Commander

Postby Blodwyn » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:16 am

PSD_Kiwi wrote:I actually agree with Batshit

Which bit did you agree with?
Blodwyn
5 minutes to kill

Return to Questions and Answers